Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Stories Behind Great Hymns....... I Surrender All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stories Behind Great Hymns....... I Surrender All (320 Views)

The Ballad Of The Prosperity Preacher (to The Tune Of "I Surrender All") / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior / Surrender All To Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stories Behind Great Hymns....... I Surrender All by Sam4ky(m): 4:47am On Jun 10, 2018
All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

Refrain

Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

Refrain

Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain

All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Refrain

Story:
For many years I had been studying art. My whole life was wrapped up in its pursuit and the thing farthest from my mind was active Christian service.

My dream was to become an outstanding and famous artist. After graduating from college, I studied drawing and painting under a well-known German teacher. To help me financially, I taught school and eventually I became supervisor of art in the public schools of Sharon, Pennsylvania.

It was during this period in my life that a revival was held in the First Methodist Church of which I was a member. I became very interested in these meetings as a personal worker.

The Spirit of God was urging me to give up teaching and to enter the evangelistic field, but I would not yield. I still had a burning desire to be an artist. This battle raged for five years.

At last the time came when I could hold out no longer and I surrendered my all-my time and my talents. It was then that a new day was ushered into my life. I wrote I Surrender All in memory of the time when, after the long struggle, I had surrendered and dedicated my life to active Christian service for the Lord.

Judson Van DeVenter

Bible Verse

Luke 14:33 - “So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple”
Re: Stories Behind Great Hymns....... I Surrender All by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:48am On Jun 10, 2018
A very inspirational hymn.

Dear Lord, I surrender all to you.
Take absolute control of my entire life.
I love you Jesus.
Re: Stories Behind Great Hymns....... I Surrender All by Jabioro: 5:19am On Jun 10, 2018
It is an inspired song..

(1) (Reply)

Stories Behind Great Hymns....... Just As I Am / Celebrities React To Plateau Massacre / Menopause In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.