Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,453 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Boulevard Of A Fresh Bayelsa Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Boulevard Of A Fresh Bayelsa Corper (981 Views)

Dead Bayelsa Corper Wrapped In Nylon Bag, Transported On Boat By Fellow Corpers / The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper / Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boulevard Of A Fresh Bayelsa Corper by ugofwesh: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
I decided to share my NYSC story since that is the only segment I can contribute to. .
So here goes my story, NYSC started in May 2015, I got posted to Bayelsa state to obey the clarion call. Everyone around me hailed my posting; according to them, I got posted to an oil state as such I had high expectations of the state. I wish the oil hailing lived up to expectation though.
Anyways, I made the journey to Bayelsa state on the day camp opened and was welcomed with heavy downpour. I got to the camp ground (Kolokuma Opokuma in Kaiama local government area) and started registration immediately, I got my mattress and bedspace but that was as far as I could go that night as it was late already.
Settling down to camp activities was not so easy because life in camp was quite difficult from our normal. The rigorous task of having to wake as early as 3am in other to meet up with the 5am devotion, (I had to wake up earlier because my hostel block was a newly renovated classroom as such we were given mobile bathroom and toilet to make use of:2 bathroom and toilet for 6 rooms so you can imagine the rush plus its level of “cleanliness”) parade, march past, 10mins breakfast time and more parade……. Oh God!!! At a point, I started to count down to 21 days and it seemed like it calwalked its way.
The only time I looked forward to in camp was the lecture period because it was an opportunity for me to sleep like never before.
Fellow Bayelsa corp members can attest to the fact that Kaiama camp was not really a conducive environment during rainy season as the area is waterlogged but then I had to readjust to my new environment and the new life I had to live for 21 days.
The first week saw me struggling through camp activity but I bounced back better from the second week and I made friends from my platoon and roommates. At a point, I looked forward to morning devotion and parade. My platoon: platoon 5 was more of comedy show because we had some funny characters that made us laugh so hard during parade with their “matching ”skills. Though I did not partake in some camp activities because I did not have the strength and was not ready to add an extra load to the one I had already so it was basically from my room to parade ground, mammy market, kitchen and back to my room. NACC activities suffered because it was a Sunday only affair for me.
Fast forward to the close of camp, we got our various posting letters and sincerely it was not funny.
water so the hustle for land posting was REAL. Oh well, I received my letter and saw that I was posted overseas in Southern Ijaw local government area and immediately my riverbanks started flowing. I cried that I was posted to serve “in the ABROAD”. Who cries about not wanting to go “ABROAD”?
I did --
My life travelling on speedboat for one year flashed before me and I could not imagine it all. If only I got proper orientation about how to change posting immediately, I wouldn’t have let the proprietor of the school I got posted to accept me on camp. For the first time ever, I travelled to my ppa on water for roughly 1hr 20minutes and the tears started again when I got to the place.
The corpers lodge is a beautiful place and one man room because very few corp members accept to stay back. Infact I had
click here for full gist http://nyscsocial.com/2018/06/10/the-boulevard-of-a-fresh-bayelsa-corper/

(1) (Reply)

Little Information About Each And Every Nysc Camp / Ondo Corp Members Come In / Breaking News: Nigeria Corp Members To Begins Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.