Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper (1891 Views)

Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community / Akwa Ibom Corper: I Killed Him In Self-Defence / The Boulevard Of A Fresh Bayelsa Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper by ugofwesh: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
Here goes my Service year Boulevard…

I lived a really protected life while growing up, my folks were really strict and being the good girl and only girl child that I was, I followed all their instructions to the later even while in the university. in fact back in University, I would get surprise visits from My Mum her excuse was that she was in the area and so decided to check on me. So for my NYSC I wanted to work my posting somewhere as far away from home as possible. I’m from the middle belt and the farthest away I’ve been from home is Abuja and that’s because I was shipped off to a strict and very religious all girls boarding school.

When my Dad asked me were I wanted to serve I said Akwa Ibom, before then I wanted to serve in Lagos but I met some guy who told me that Akwa Ibom state was the best place to serve. He made it seem like serving in AKS was the best thing ever.

I was sold, I started to google NYSC in Akwa Ibom state, NYSC experience in Akwa Ibom, Nairaland became my best friend. And all I got were positive reviews and it’s always been a romantic fantasy of mine to marry someone from the south.I love the south, they are not as conservative as those of us from the North, they love to explore from sexuality to rich cultures, cuisines, you name it!

Back to my NYSC gist. When I told my Dad about serving in AKS he was having none of that, the way my melodramatic Mum(I love you Mummy) was shouting not Akwa Ibom! Anything but Akwa Ibom! you would think I told them I was going to North Korea or the Bermuda triangle. I stood my ground and they had to give in. Lest I forget I served in 2014, Batch C to be precise.

My Mum took me from our State to Enugu and dropped me off at AKTC park, she didn’t leave until the vehicle started moving, she was so worked up ehn! she will ask me C….. hope you carried your anointing oil, hope you carried your mosquito net, everybody in the bus noticed us and they were like Madam e don do, no be small pikin she be…lol Because of this I made friends with everybody in the bus, even the bus driver. The Journey to AKS was so not boring, because everybody wanted to tell me something good about Akwa Ibom. I was told that Ikot Ekpene, Uyo and Eket were the most urban places and that I should pray I get posted to these places.

When I got down at Itam park I got numbers from many people in the bus telling me to call them when I leave camp so that I wont get stranded, those people gave me a good first impression of the state.

Akwa Ibom is really very beautiful, Uyo especially, lovely weather too except when it starts raining for a week non stop and you have to wear rubber shoes and a shower cap..lol but it is really beautiful. Getting to the camp in Nsit Atai was another drama on its own but I got there in one piece my parents almost killed my battery with their incessant calls.

Let me not bore you with camp registration details, very boring and stressing something the only thing interesting about that long queue was watching the IJGB people and their shenanigans and also drooling over hot boys. I swear its like they sent all the hot boys to camp in AKS so much hotness everywhere.

My roommates were the best, and those girls were so fine ehn, we were like sisters, you wont know we had never met prior to that time. My Bonkie especially sadly she had to leave early something about call to bar cant remember the details.

Our state coordinator was very strict I didn’t mind because I was already used to all that where I came from, but she was also motherly. Though I didn’t go to the cafteria except jollof and chicken day the food I saw on peoples plates looked really good and there were generally no complaints. The night I got to camp I ran to mammi to go and eat my first afang and I loved it sadly it did not love me back as I would later get to realise that my tummy has zero tolerance for the okazi leaf.

I had plenty camp admirers but no camp boo... Click here for the full boulevard http://nyscsocial.com/2018/06/03/the-boulevard-of-an-ajebo-akwa-ibom-corper
Re: The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper by Mutunchina: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2021
Thunder �️
Re: The Boulevard Of An Ajebo Akwa Ibom Corper by Nnanna2wise: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
Good evening nairalanders
Am currently in search of a good ppa in akwa ibom, can someone pls update me no what to do?

(1) (Reply)

Fg Increases Corps Members’ Allowance / Sure Prospective NYSC BATCH B 2015 / Tell Us How NYSC Travel And Inside Your Various Camp Is Going?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.