Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,512 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks (19330 Views)

Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Uche Jombo, Dakore Akande Dance At Kate Henshaw's Party / Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Dakore Akande's Look To New Afrika Shrine / Dakore Akande And Richard Mofe-Damijo On Set: Throwback Photo Vs Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Lautechgossip(m): 6:21am On Jun 11, 2018
Dakore Akande nee Egbuson has revealed the struggles she went through during the course of her dreadlocks journey.

Akande, who wore long dreadlocks for 13 years until 2011, opened up during the third edition of the African Hair Summit held in Abuja on Saturday.

The actress who is an envoy of the summit, came into limelight with the 2002 film ‘She Devil’ and currently plays one of the lead characters in hit TV series ‘Fifty’.

She revealed that at the time she had the hairstyle, only few other people had the courage to do same, adding that people thought she had mental issues or was possessed with a marine spirit, which were stereotypical for people with dreadlocks.

She added that she still went on to carry the hairstyle because she was influenced by the length and beauty of late reggae legend Bob Marley’s hair.

Akande said:

“People were wondering all sorts of things and wondered if my hair wasn’t dirty. I made sure that I kept it neat and with a nice smell and soon people started warming up to the hair.

“Soon, other people started to try it and now natural hair lifestyle is a movement, ” she said.

Akande, encouraged participants, especially women, to accept themselves and the uniqueness in being African with the hair textures and skin tones as everyone has the power to influence.

“Soon, other people started to try it and now natural hair lifestyle is a movement, ” she said.

Akande, encouraged participants, especially women, to accept themselves and the uniqueness in being African with the hair textures and skin tones as everyone has the power to influence.

You are an influencer, you influence people. When you do your natural hair, it can inspire the next person. I didn’t know I could inspire anybody to do anything.

“I just liked locks and decided to do it. I became the woman who had locks and it made it identified. It differentiated me from everybody else.

“When you follow your inner spirit, it’s God pushing you down your path, ” she said.

http://kikiotolu.com/dakore-akande-bob-marley-inspired-me-to-get-dreadlocks/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by justi4jesu(f): 6:39am On Jun 11, 2018
grin grin It looks good on her.

Eyebrows on point lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Bossontop(m): 6:39am On Jun 11, 2018
undecided
Who ask dis wan now for God sake

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by jazinogold(m): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2018
keep lying on Bob Marley....instead of saying dread is cheaper than Brazilian hair

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Dsholla: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2018
So
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by ajealadick(m): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2018
One modest babe I have always liked

5 Likes

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by veacea: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Okay
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by WIZGUY69(m): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
Afonjas no just get sense
From your name, we now you're from a lubbish tribe. Have a senseless week senseless idiot cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by peterswagg(m): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
senseless idiot believes that afonja no get sense

13 Likes

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by SenselessIdiot: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Vabu123pofx:
Hh
Fraudster. Kirikiri awaits you

1 Like

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by DIYhackers: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2018
One responsible celebrity I know grin

2 Likes

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by myners007: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Hope u are not inspired to smoke Ganja as well?

4 Likes

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by jaxxy(m): 6:45am On Jun 11, 2018
There u go
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Offpoint: 6:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Since the topic is of no relevance of any sort to me, I want to use this privilege to let everyone reading this comment to know that I am Offpoint and I don't like reading... thank you for reading this far. Sorry if there are some errors in my comment: please bear with me, 'cause I can't go back and proofread this comment

1 Like

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 11, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
I rather think that, you don't just have sense. You no just get sense. All you tribal rêtards who come to NL every time turning every single post into afonja-Igbo abuses no have sense. You people really suck. How can you wake up early Monday morning while everyone is busy getting set for work, but your own mission is to come to NL and start tribe name calling again? You guys should grow up.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Endtimesmith(m): 6:46am On Jun 11, 2018
I love her with my spirit,Soul and Body.

1 Like

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Pavore9: 6:47am On Jun 11, 2018
Dreadlocks used to be associated with marine spirits. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by slimdamatrix1(m): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2018
And dreads on you were hot AF!
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by dafeyankee: 6:48am On Jun 11, 2018
She don born?
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by segebase(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2018
v
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by MisterGrace: 6:50am On Jun 11, 2018
wink My crush that year.
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:50am On Jun 11, 2018
It made her unique
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by slimdamatrix1(m): 6:51am On Jun 11, 2018
Pavore9:
Dreadlocks used to be associated with marine spirits. cheesy cheesy

Resist the urge to advertise your ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2018
-
Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Pavore9: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2018
slimdamatrix1:

Resist the urge to advertise your ignorance.

Rather you should be the one! Haven't you been told or attended "saraka" as a child where children were invited by parents of a dreadlocked child to come pray for the child so that evil spirits would be warded off and the children were given sweets and biscuits in return?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by Pearlyakin(m): 6:52am On Jun 11, 2018
I no see where she talk Bob Marley.

1 Like

Re: Dakore Akande: Bob Marley Inspired Me To Get Dreadlocks by tokrizy: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2018
where is d dreadlock?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singer Korede Bello Looks Cute In New Photo / Rita Dominic's Late Mum's Picture / Meet The Naija Girl With The Biggest Boobs [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.