Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (68298 Views)

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Asquare84(m): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2018
This what the western media will never show the WORLD but always portray African in bad light

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by DonMekino(m): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2018
I wonder if Heaven got a ghetto?

But there's difference between ghetto and slum sha
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by sixtus3606(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2018
popizaino:
That turkey and uk slum go pass as GRA in ibadan.

same as some so-called high-profile Estates in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Dead(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2018
Belmot:
Don't be ignorant. India has the most slums in the world.
It's Kenya actually, they have about 35 different slums settlement.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Dead(m): 7:37am On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

My friend you guys should stop deceiving yourselves the picture is Makoko Lagos.
picture don't lie, but Accra slums are worse than that of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by chiedozie198100: 7:53am On Jun 25, 2018
claremont:

This applies specifically to Jaywick, Essex. It doesn't apply to the whole of Essex. I lived in Colchester, Essex for a few years, and it certainly isn't deprived. Essex is a lovely place to live for people who like a coastal life close to the beach, but Jaywick specifically is a notorious slum populated mainly by inbreeders and drug misusers.

inbreeders like you?
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Yemea1: 8:09am On Jun 25, 2018
Oya! For those ops who condemned Nigeria... oya make una talk

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Yemea1: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2018
sixtus3606:

same as some so-called high-profile Estates in Lagos

Did I hear you say High profile estate.

Please mention one inline with the words HIGH PROFILE.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2018
lawrence35:
All major city has slum, the rich needs the poor to work for them, the poor needs the rich to pay them, and of course the poor can't afford the over expensive rent on real estate in the major cities, thus slums.

God bless you for this.
Here in Abuja, in Gwarimpa, there is Gwarimpa village which is dominated by the lower class of people who majority of them work for the rich people.
You go to Maitama Abuja, there is a place called *gishiri" which is also dominated by the Lower class people who also work for higher class of people who reside in maitama. Even kubwa that's still underdeveloped still has its own slum called "kubwa village" which is dominated by people who are financially lesser than those staying in the main town of Kubwa.

So it's just like that. The rich needs the poor to work for them, to progress their businesses while the poor need money for sustainability.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2018
Bangladesh, India and Ghana own no be here. What about Queens in New York, I heard that place too na rugged place. Every country has her own issue forget about the hype from western media.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ElsonMorali: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2018
Greenback:

what about the skyscrapping buran rufus in ib silum?
grin

Speak English bro. I don't speak moronese.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ElsonMorali: 8:39am On Jun 25, 2018
blazer2018:

It is not that they won't be built with d house, but still some lifts will be broken and left unfixed...abeg go to Jo'burg my brother, u go fear fear now.

As for d fire disaster i mentioned...take 4 example d Grenfell Tower fire in London last yr dat claimed about 79 lives (plus about two similar ones in d UK last yr)...in a country with stricter safety precautions 4 dat matter...not to talk of Hong Kong

See bro, if the elevator is broken down and not fixed that's a different case entirely.

The first apartment I lived in when I got to Dubai was just a 3 story building and it had lifts and I didn't even see the staircase until I was about to vacate the building. The elevator never broke. That's good maintenance culture.

Second, compare the number of fires that you've heard occurring in skyscrapers to the number of skyscrapers there actually are in the world and you'll realize that the ration is insignificant.

It's just like saying air travel is unsafe because you've heard and seen plane crashes.

But when you compare the number of flights that occur everyday around the world with the number if actual air mishaps then you'd be surprised that traveling by road with a car or bicycle is even more dangerous than air travel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Greenback: 8:49am On Jun 25, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Speak English bro. I don't speak moronese.
buran(brown) rufus(roof) silum(slum)
ib(ibadan)
grin grin grin grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by davibid: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2018
Funny enough they still enjoy constant power supply and clean water and not everyone living in those slums live from hand to mouth

I still prefer slums in Europe to this Zoo called Nigeria undecided
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2018
nemesis8u:

How about being the richest ones too in the world

[s]Eg Dharavi slum Mumbai also has something else: A GDP estimated at as much as $1 billion. Nationmaster lists 24 countries with GDPs smaller than that.

(and that is just what is reported to the taxing authorities) and of year 2011.

as of 2016 GDP is estimated excess of 2.8 billion dollars (unofficial sources). imagine that for a slum.

http://www.economonitor.com/dolanecon/2011/12/31/best-economics-news-story-of-2011-dickens-meets-hayek-in-a-mumbai-slum/

There r more the 20,000 small scale manufacturing being units run inside the slum.

And they export their goods to US , Europe , Africa , middle East etc

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/nov/25/dharavi-mumbai-mini-factories-slum

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/dharavi-a-place-of-sharp-contrast-a-nucles-of-ssis-and-real-estate-151873-2013-01-17

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saritharai/2015/02/25/indias-dharavi-one-of-the-worlds-largest-slums-enters-online-retail/

https://inc42.com/startups/dharavi-factory-dreams-startup-garages/

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mumbai/an-innovation-lab-by-kids-in-the-middle-of-a-slum/article17914589.ece

As for ur conclusion regarding them being the dirtiest and what not , how many slums did u visit worldwide to come to u r assumption ?

My sympathies r with all poor people in this world , everybody deserves a chance and not be made mockery of which is pathetic and cowardly[/s]
carry this bullshit out off my face, the headlines clearly state, slums from world major cities, so I don't know what u are going on about
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2018
emeka1101:
Stop being ignorant.
There's nowhere in Accra where people live on water.
Can't you get it?
It's only in nigeria where such things are found.

I'm not saying there are no slums in Ghana .
There are a lot but this one in particular is not Accra but Lagos.
Ogbeni you're the ignorant here. She has already explained how googling works to you but you insist on ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

[s]You are very rude and crude , if you didn't agree with my comment you could have easily ignored me but you just had to show your attitude?

Please do not quote me again till you have learnt some manners only on this forum does one get this level of immaturity

Smh[/s]
common sharap u lack sense tongue instead u of to do research before u spil ur trash here. Ur busy aguring with people who knows more than u, gerra out of here, u are an olodo and a dumbo (no apologies).

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2018
Vianna:
That's Accra ghana
You for leave that boy alone jare. You pass am.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by newslifeop: 9:32am On Jun 25, 2018
hmm
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by MiamiePizza(m): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2018
The whole of Bangladesh and India na slum no where really betta and as for Accra, only few places make sense there

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
common sharap u lack sense tongue instead u of to do research before u spil ur trash here. Ur busy aguring with people who knows more than u, gerra out of here, u are an olodo and a dumbo (no apologies).

It's obvious you have very low EQ so I won't bother with you anymore sir

My heart goes out to all females who have to interact with such a crude individual as yourself...

I am sure you reside in the village hence chest beat where ever you go as a local champ

Local man
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

It's obvious you have very low EQ so I won't bother with you anymore sir

My heart goes out to all females who have to interact with such a crude individual as yourself...

I am sure you reside in the village hence chest beat where ever you go as a local champ

Local man
EQ? grin My advice stay away from Romance section on this forum, if you don't want to get abuse, because if u carry this ur silliness enter Romance section u will wish for death.(take it as an advice from someone who cares)

3 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
EQ? grin My advice stay away from Romance section on this forum, if you don't want to get abuse, because if u carry this ur silliness enter Romance section u will wish for death.(take it as an advice from someone who cares)

Stop quoting me angry
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Stop quoting me angry
grin grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Noble11(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2018
grandstar:

Africa's largest slum is actually in Nairobi. I think its called kaibera. Google largest slum in Kenya.

You are right..it's called kibera

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Slimsly100(f): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
ok I see ur living in delta state, no wonder u make such comments it's alright

Imo'ra buroda Saviour22.
Jiri ya nwayo enyia, u don't have to sound "that way" to prove a point.

Pele!!! tongue
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by awoofawoo: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Stop quoting me angry

The guy actually mean well for you....nothing like EQ........IQ is the right word! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2018
awoofawoo:

The guy actually mean well for you....nothing like EQ........IQ is the right word! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Google and read up emotional intelligence
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2018
Sirmuel1:

You wan console yourself. Just because Abuja and Lagos get slums, you think say everywhere Na the same.

Show me a slum in New York or Miami or any Major city in Europe.

Is Madrid not a major city in Europe?... View the photos again and see the slum in Madrid... The dude is right...every city in the world got a slum, there's no country in the world were everyone is a millionaire, not all that glitters is gold, Dont be deceived by all CNN want you to see in 'fine' America.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by MrOwonikoko: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2018
Mumbai, india come be like Isale-Eko grin cheesy
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by EvilMetahuman: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

You are very rude and crude , if you didn't agree with my comment you could have easily ignored me but you just had to show your attitude?

Please do not quote me again till you have learnt some manners only on this forum does one get this level of immaturity

Smh
don't make stupid comments if you don't want people to point it out to you.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Damfostopper(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2018
emeka1101:
Stop being ignorant.
There's nowhere in Accra where people live on water.
Can't you get it?
It's only in nigeria where such things are found.

I'm not saying there are no slums in Ghana .
There are a lot but this one in particular is not Accra but Lagos.
instead of you to take corrections.... your busy forming alagbara....... Vianna don't waste time replying this nitwit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / SUV Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Lagos, 2 Feared Dead, Others Injured (Graphi / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.