Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

We Are God’s Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are God’s Children (258 Views)

God's Children / If We Are God's Children, Why Would He Send Us To Hell Forever For Sinning? ? / If You Are God, Which Of These Prayers Will U Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are God’s Children by phlopholly: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2018
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the [children] of God . . .
—1 John 3:1

As God’s children, we are His dependents. The Bible says, “Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him.” Dependent children spend little time worrying about meals, clothing, and shelter. They assume, and they have a right to, that all will be provided by their parents. Because God is responsible for our welfare, we are told to cast all our care upon Him, for He careth for us.

Because we are dependent upon God, Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled.” God says, “I’ll take care of the burden—don’t give it a thought—leave it to me.” Dependent children are not backward about asking for favors. They would not be normal if they did not boldly make their needs known. God is keenly aware that we are dependent upon Him for life’s necessities. It was for that reason that He said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

Prayer for the day
How magnificent, almighty Father, that I, dependently, can rely on You to take the burden of my heart!

Sir Billy Graham
Re: We Are God’s Children by friendlyadvice: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2018
pastor adebole and oledepo are they God's children too?
Re: We Are God’s Children by Kobojunkiee: 4:19pm On Feb 22
phlopholly:
■ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the [children] of God . . .
—1 John 3:1
As God’s children, we are His dependents. The Bible says, “Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him.” Dependent children spend little time worrying about meals, clothing, and shelter. They assume, and they have a right to, that all will be provided by their parents. Because God is responsible for our welfare, we are told to cast all our care upon Him, for He careth for us.
Because we are dependent upon God, Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled.” God says, “I’ll take care of the burden—don’t give it a thought—leave it to me.” Dependent children are not backward about asking for favors. They would not be normal if they did not boldly make their needs known. God is keenly aware that we are dependent upon Him for life’s necessities. It was for that reason that He said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”Prayer for the dayHow magnificent, almighty Father, that I, dependently, can rely on You to take the burden of my heart! Sir Billy Graham
The only people who are God's children are those who are born-again — born of Water AND born of Spirit — and have through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ have come to know the Truth and are set free by the Truth(Spirit of Truth) of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44. This is what Jesus Christ Himself said of those who are children of God. Any interpretation that differs in the slightest from what Jesus Christ Himself decreed is a lie! undecided
Re: We Are God’s Children by Emmanuel30a: 5:16pm On Feb 22
No! You shouldn't be dependent on GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. You had since been given independent as satan would wanted it &or had it... That's why you are now becoming superintendent... You are superindependent...! Nigerians has become independent since how many years now? When did Nigeria/Nigerians got independent? You are still dependent on GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST? When would you get independent? You are such an independent superintendent? No! You are a dependent superintendent!
Re: We Are God’s Children by Zaheertyler(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22
Kobojunkiee:
The only people who are God's children are those who are born-again — born of Water AND born of Spirit — and have through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ have come to know the Truth and are set free by the Truth(Spirit of Truth) of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44. This is what Jesus Christ Himself said of those who are children of God. Any interpretation that differs in the slightest from what Jesus Christ Himself decreed is a lie! undecided
OP don't mind this person
We are all Gods children grin
Just that some are lost

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Must Be Crazy! / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 16/06/2018 Saturday / An Eagle For Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.