Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars (43747 Views)

Stop Going After Yahoo Boys, Curb Robbery And Kidnapping - Police IG Warns SARS / Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen After Police IG Left Benue Community. Photos / Updates On Evans, The Billionaire Kidnapper By Police IG, Ibrahim Idris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
GOOD DEVELOPMENT
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Flexherbal(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
To them, it is always necessary.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by jrusky(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Better!!! Let put all the blabla to rest. Good development. As a matter of urgency they should all be send back to their various police unit to work as a normal police officer.

The atrocities these guys are committing are too much being a special squad does not make them a special killers for goodness sake. These SARS or whatever beat up a guy 3 days ago mercillesly simply because he was carrying 2 mobile phone and refused to give them his password it was millitary in their patrol van that rescued the boy they would have beat him to death, this is rubbish.

Kudos to IGP, Idris I'm behind you on this solidly.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by cold(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is change with no apparent change. Like the Buhari administration. Same shít different day
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Jethrolite(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Abudu2000:
Stories!!! Come to igando and see temple run going on bw SARS and Young boyz
Since this statement was made, have you tried reporting those officers to x-squad? You just want to bad mouth everything.

2 Likes

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
nextstep:

Same here... that phrase still allows them to conduct the same stop and harass.
I spent almost 50 minutes last week on top of generator matter with SARS. Apparently I need to carry receipt for my decade-old generator with me everytime I drive it for servicing. Still had to dash them something at the end. I was so vexed. Mtcheew. lipsrsealed
lol. This is Nigeria
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by ada9ja(f): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
Abudu2000:

Temple run for ijebu ode here na 2019 version
Android 12.0 only

1 Like

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Chukazu: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
evergreen9:
Come o, but can't we just end this SARS disease sef? Why are they even important? Anti robbery squad full of robbers, is that one anti robbery squad again? Everyday we hear news of bank robbery but SARS are no where to be found because dem dey one road side dey harrass innocent young men and women. Abeg, make i no talk too much#ENDSARS

If you end them, they are then absorbed in the main police force and the brutality and impunity continue ...we need to deal with the problem from it root which is to reform the entire force
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Chukazu: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jethrolite:
Since this statement was made, have you tried reporting those officers to x-squad? You just want to bad mouth everything.

You can help him to report it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by enigma3000: 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
lofty900:
I was happy when reading the story until I saw 'except when necessary' undecided That phrase automatically gives them right to conduct stop and search anyhow they want so don't jubilate yet.

I stopped reading the moment I saw that
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by tabisegroup(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
"Except when necessary" meaning..??

So when is it not necessary
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
lofty900:
I was happy when reading the story until I saw 'except when necessary' undecided That phrase automatically gives them right to conduct stop and search anyhow they want so don't jubilate yet.
..You re very right. Why the clause if he is serious about the order?

1 Like

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Jethrolite(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chukazu:

You can help him to report it
I can not report that case because I have no first hand evidence and Lagos is not my domain.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Maket: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Na today. Every 6 months we de hear this na.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by ojeffo: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Explain "WHEN NECESSARY "..Its not to just transmit any commission without any fear of omission.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why the clause except when necessary?
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by ellovee(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
Contradiction everytime!
On one side you have banned stop and search,
on the other side, you gave permit (when necessary).
How do we judge when it is said to be necessary?
What will necessitate "when necessary"?
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
okuego:
grin Lolx, yahoo Boys will like this news, tools available, you know you know
They will be harassing young guys who look nice and be extorting money from them.Is that one arrest?
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by expert234: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Dey shud search afonja for skulls

They should search flaaaaaathead for hard drug
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by ogbong: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Then search shall be necessary alwayd
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by VULCAN(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Don't mind IG- Tell me who defines "unless when necessary"

Abudu2000:
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Jodesky(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
lofty900:

You are on point there.

It's a worthless order.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Rexnegro(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
desoul2004:
They should provide a channel where the innocent citizen can easily report them.
they have bro , even WhatsApp number they do have ... do more findings
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jodesky:

You are on point there.

It's a worthless order.
I swear grin
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by CosmicJames(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
lofty900:
That single phrase spoiled everything!
Trust SARS -- every time will necessary!!
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by HolyClement001(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why can't you just ENDSARS IG
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by FuckoffMOD: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Abudu2000:
My brother he no easy oooh

Dose pple are useless
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by RenzoFunds(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Very good.
Bad market for all the SARS men
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by no1madman(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hmmm

Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by Wasky101: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
SARS operatives no go get this message about nah untop police radio him talk am?
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by desoul2004(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
Rexnegro:
they have bro , even WhatsApp number they do have ... do more findings

Please, I need it if you have it.
Re: Police IG Bans SARS From Conducting Stop And Search Operations #endsars by madgoat(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
lofty900:

Exactly... Its like even giving them power to do more. Once they have an inkling that someone might be a criminal, then they now have the permission of the IG to stop and search the person(s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Kills Husband In Lagos As He Slept / EFCC Arrests 32 Suspected Yahoo Boys Hiding Inside Chairs In Ogun / Jilted Woman Sets Ex-lover’s Girlfriend, House Ablaze (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.