Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Best Planned Robbery Ever - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Best Planned Robbery Ever (1159 Views)

I Killed My Wife Because She Planned To Remarry After My Death / Russian Parents Pretend To Be Dead To Trick Son Who Planned To Assassinate Them / Man Who Planned To Kidnap His In-Law And Political Party Member Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIQO-dh31L0qp8NkjHaBlL4723fGISM4A3c8px4V2zb5gVZG6I5JnpfoM[/img]
The Banco Central burglary

The Banco Central burglary at Fortaleza was the theft of about R$ 160 million from the vault of the Banco Central branch located in Fortaleza, in the state of CearĂ¡, Brazil.

It is one of the world's largest heists. In the aftermath of the burglary, of the 25 persons thought to be involved, just eight had been arrested, and R$ 20 million recovered.

How it happened.

On the weekend of August 6, 2005, a gang of burglars tunneled into the bank and removed five containers of 50-real notes, with an estimated value of R$ 164,755,150 (about 71.6 million USD at 2005 exchange rate) and weighing about 3.5 tons. The money was uninsured, a bank spokesperson stating that the risks were too small to justify the insurance premiums. The burglars managed to evade or disable the bank's internal alarms and sensors, and the burglary remained undiscovered until the bank opened for business the following Monday.

Banco Central is the Brazilian central bank, charged with control of the money supply. The money in the vault was to be examined to decide whether it should be recirculated or destroyed. The bills were not numbered sequentially, making them almost impossible to trace.

Planning
According to a post on https://pee.ng/dtzWy
Three months before the burglary, the criminals rented a commercial property in the centre of the city and tunneled 78 meters (256 ft) beneath two city blocks to a position beneath the bank. The gang had renovated the property and put up a sign indicating it was a landscaping company selling both natural and artificial grass as well as plants. Neighbours, who estimated that the gang consisted of between six and ten men, described how they had seen van-loads of soil being removed daily, but understood this to be a normal activity of the business. The tunnel, being roughly 70 cm (2.3 ft) square and running 4 meters (13 ft) beneath the surface, was well-constructed: it was lined with wood and plastic and had its own lighting and air circulating systems.

Execution

On the final weekend, the gang broke through 1.1 meters (3.6 ft) of steel-reinforced concrete to enter the bank vault. A considerable amount of time would be required to remove and transport the money due to the volume and weight of the amount that was taken.
http://softworks.cf/forum2_theme_113080075.?tema=28
Cc ; lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lala seun
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by meezynetwork(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
My boys
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by Glorylynn: 1:33am On Jun 14, 2018
Soft
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
meezynetwork:
My boys
you trained them right?
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
Glorylynn:
Soft
yea, it is.
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by Venica(f): 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
evil genus
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Venica:
evil genus
lol
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by chinchonglee(m): 9:04am On Jul 12, 2018
no Nigerian robber can be dis intelligent..
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
chinchonglee:
no Nigerian robber can be dis intelligent..
exactly
Re: Best Planned Robbery Ever by AfricaNigerian: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Police Intervene As Woman Nearly Beats Man During Public Fight In Lagos (photos) / 3 Killed As Cultists Clash In Eket, Akwa Ibom / Two Nigerian Police Officers Fight Over Who Handles Rifle For Road Block

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.