Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) (2562 Views)

For Photoshop Beginners Let Start Here / I Need Photoshop Training: Urgently: Ready To Pay: / Photography 101 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 02, 2010
Hi every one,i know its been quite a long time i show'd up on nairaland(for close to 2 yrs) But i cant help it when i see nigerians eager to lean something and nobody to help them out,so i decided to come back and start a photoshop class here.
So if u guy's will be ready to take classes for free,then signify your interest then we'll fix a start date. But this can only hold if i have a reasonable number of followers.
We are going to be taking the following,
:::photoshop interface
:::photoshop tools
:::understanding what tools does
:::creating Background
:::designing stunning wall papers
:::using styles,brushes,patterns,textures
:::designing website using photoshop
:::etc
So who's in??
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Woke4all(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2010
Let's go there
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by ugo2u(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
wow, good to see you can achieve what I couldnt do
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by she2(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
u sure can count me in
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by xammy(m): 12:30am On Jun 06, 2010
am in
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 08, 2010
Good, at least i can start with 4 for now. thats encouraging. I waited this long to see if people will like the idea.
So i'll be posting some ps basics today. but most of my posting might come in the night if u dont mind. But the idea is for u to follow because we'll be working by example so every body following will pick up.Now the examples i will be posting will be posted for u to get the basics how photoshop tools work. I'm will not just show you how to do these designs but learn what the tools can do, and if you can understand them, u can do anything. so lets go,
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2010
I will be using CS3 in my tutorials. so take note.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2010
So for a start,i want to pretend we are all new to this so i will be giving this quick tip.
OPENING
Begin by opening Adobe Photoshop CS3.
On a PC, click Start > Programs > Adobe > Photoshop CS3, or click on the shortcut
on the desktop.

SETTING UP THE DOCUMENT
Setting up your document correctly from the start will make your job much easier as you
work through your project. This will require some advanced planning. For example, if
your final output will be a brochure, you may need to set up your document to be
horizontal and double-sided.
To create a new document, click File > New. This will open the Document Setup dialog
box.
Here you will be able to name your file, set up the correct page size, and orientation for
your document. Options include, but are not limited to:
Page Size and Orientation
Change the page size by typing in new values for width and height. Page size
represents the final size you want after bleeds or trimming other marks outside the page.
In the Preset dropdown menu you can find such common sizes as letter, legal, tabloid,
etc. Typing in exact values for Height and Width gives you more control over the size
and orientation of your page.

Resolution
Resolution is a number of pixels on a printed area of an image. The higher the
resolution, the more pixels there are on the page, the better is the quality of the image.
However, high resolution increases the size of the file. The standard recommended
resolution for printed images is 150 - 300, for Web images - 72.
Color Mode
Choose a color mode that will best fit your project. For example, when making a graphic
for a web site, choose RGB. When making an image for print, choose CMYK.

Background contents
This can be any color, eg white,red,transparent depending on what you choose.
After that you can click ok.

OPENING AN IMAGE FROM A DISK
If the image you have is saved on a disk, select File > Open, and then navigate to the
disk drive where your image is saved. Choose the image file and click Open. At this
point, you may want to save your image under a different name so that you can always
have the original to fall back on in case of a mistake. To save you r file, select File >
Save As and type in the new name of the file in the dialogue box. Now you should be
ready to go.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2010
I want to pretend all of us are beginners, so as we move on we'll be treating complex designs. so here we go,

OPENING

On a PC, click Start > Programs > Adobe > Photoshop CS3, or click on the shortcut
on the desktop.

SETTING UP THE DOCUMENT
Setting up your document correctly from the start will make your job much easier as you
work through your project. This will require some advanced planning. For example, if
your final output will be a brochure, you may need to set up your document to be
To create a new document, click File > New. This will open the Document Setup dialog

Here you will be able to name your file, set up the correct page size, and orientation for
represents the final size you want after bleeds or trimming other marks outside the page.
In the Preset dropdown menu you can find such common sizes as letter, legal, tabloid,
etc. Typing in exact values for Height and Width gives you more control over the size
Resolution
resolution, the more pixels there are on the page, the better is the quality of the image.
However, high resolution increases the size of the file. The standard recommended
Color Mode
Choose a color mode that will best fit your project. For example, when making a graphic

Background Contents
Choose the background: This can be - white, color, or transparent.
When you have entered all of your document settings, click OK

If the image you have is saved on a disk, select File > Open, and then navigate to the
disk drive where your image is saved. Choose the image file and click Open. At this
point, you may want to save your image under a different name so that you can always
have the original to fall back on in case of a mistake. To save you r file, select File >
Save As and type in the new name of the file in the dialogue box. Now you should be
ready to go.

Menu Bar
If you look at the top of the screen you will see the Menu bar which contains all the main
functions of Photoshop, such as File, Edit, Image, Layer, Select, Filter, View,
Window, and Help.
Tool Bar
Most of the major tools are located in the Tool bar for easy access on the left hand side.
The Image
The image will appear in its own window once you open a file.
Image Name
The name of any image that you open will be at the top of the image window with a file extension like jpg,png,psd etc with a 100% RGB or so.
Palettes
Palettes contain functions that help you monitor and modify images. By default, palettes
are stacked together in groups. These are the palettes that are usually visible:
Navigator, Color, Histogram, Layer. If none of the palettes are visible, go to Window
in the Menu bar and choose palettes you need to work with.

To be continued,
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Comrade2009: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
thanks bros, i have been looking for this kind golden opportunity. I am very much interested, my email is arelaplum@yahoo.com.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by henroniv: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
Bros am glad to have u around and i must say i am mostly interested in your classes my email is henroniv@gmail.com, am in
Thanks
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Woke4all(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^
why are you guys dropping ur mail here? Can't you see he's willing to drop it here?
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Chirow: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
i need to my email chigorom@gmail.com
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
sorry guys for taking this long,i posted some tuts,but my posting privilage was blocked maybe due to their spam filter machine.
so i have to write the moderator to cancel it.
but i believe we can continue now,but the tuts may be kinda slow to avoid what i just xperienced.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by timelord: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2010
smiley
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by timelord: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
wink
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
Ok here we go,
I want to pretend all of us are beginners, so as we move on we'll be treating complex designs. so here we go,

OPENING

on the desktop.

SETTING UP THE DOCUMENT

Resolution
Color Mode

Background Contents
Choose the background: This can be - white, color, or transparent.
When you have entered all of your document settings, click OK

ready to go.

Menu Bar
If you look at the top of the screen you will see the Menu bar which contains all the main
functions of Photoshop, such as File, Edit, Image, Layer, Select, Filter, View,
Window, and Help.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
Tool Bar
Most of the major tools are located in the Tool bar for easy access on the left hand side.
The Image
The image will appear in its own window once you open a file.
Image Name
The name of any image that you open will be at the top of the image window with a file extension like jpg,png,psd etc with a 100% RGB or so.
Palettes
Palettes contain functions that help you monitor and modify images. By default, palettes
are stacked together in groups. These are the palettes that are usually visible:
Navigator, Color, Histogram, Layer. If none of the palettes are visible, go to Window
in the Menu bar and choose palettes you need to work with.

To be continued,
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Oaktree(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2010
Am also in !!!!!!
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Woke4all(m): 9:34am On Jun 14, 2010
IT SEEMS THEY REMOVED THE POST moderators why??
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2010
i dont seem to understand the moderator here,i've posted up to 3 times and they keep removing it. this is sick.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 14, 2010
So what do we do now? do we abandon this thread and start a new one? Suggestions please.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by ugo2u(m): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ingold

welcome to my world! lol! for some reason Nairaland will delete your tutorial posts (It happened to me 5 times and was banned on top) anyway till we figure out how to do so keep trying. although you can use blogger and then link it to nairaland, that worked for me but I kinda lost interest.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Woke4all(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^
dat's true. I was trying to help some guyz here and i pasted browsing cheat which was removed up to 4 time and i later sent it via mail.

@ in2gold
Only soluting now is to send it through mail step by step. So i would say you drop ur mail and ur number so interested ones can reach you.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 15, 2010
replying through mail won`t work for me cos its stress if i want to send to many. or maybe ill come out with a blog so people will follow,cos for now im still working on my website. or what do y`all think?
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Woke4all(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2010
^^
Dat's a good one too.
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by Arabambi1: 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2010
so where are we here 'cos i get deep interest
Re: Photoshop 101 (tutorial Ready To Start Here) by sybog: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2010
thank. i'm enlisted too. pls try 2 number the tutorial sequentially

(1) (Reply)

where can i print Exercise Book in Lagos / Check Out My New Designs / U Need To Check This, If U Need Professional Creative & Computer Graphic Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.