Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

I Forgot My Windows 7 Password! How Do I Retrieve It Back? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Forgot My Windows 7 Password! How Do I Retrieve It Back? (1154 Views)

My Windows-10 Failed To Sign Me In / I Forgot My Bank Account Number, What Do I Do ?? / How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Forgot My Windows 7 Password! How Do I Retrieve It Back? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2018
So you forgot your Windows 7 password? Hey, it happens. We're supposed to make very complicated passwords so they're difficult to guess, but sometimes we make them so complicated that we forget them ourselves.

You are not alone, trust us. Fortunately, there are several ways to find that all important Windows 7 login password that has somehow slipped your mind.

Let's work through the ideas one by one, starting with the easiest:

Use Your Windows 7 Reset Disk
Right now is the time to use that Windows 7 password reset disk that you created. Congrats to you for being proactive!

My guess, however, is that most of you don't have a Windows 7 password reset disk either because you didn't know the feature existed or you never thought you'd actually forget your password.

Either way, once you do get in with one of the other ideas below, be sure to come back to that link above and make one right away. This is you learning your lesson right now.

Have an Administrator Change Your Windows 7 Password for You
If there are other people that have accounts on your computer, one of them may be configured with administrator level access. Since those with administrator privileges can manage the passwords of all the users in Windows 7, this person would be able to change your password for you from within his or her account.

Clearly, if you're the only person that has an account on your computer, which is probably the situation for many of you, then this trick isn't going to do you any good.

Try to Guess the Windows 7 Password You Forgot
Hey, don't roll your eyes! You'd be surprised how often this works. Before we jump into some high-tech password recovery method, you'd be wise to make educated guesses as to what your Windows 7 password may have been.

Since most passwords, even highly complicated ones, are often inspired by the places, people, and things in our personal and professional lives, you might be able to spur your memory with a little effort.

Could your password have had anything to do with:

1. A favorite food?
2. Your home or office address?
3. A frequently dialed telephone number?
4. Something from your childhood?
5. A favorite number or set of numbers?
6. Your name?
7. The name of a friend, family member, or pet?
8. A loved one's birthday?
9. A school location or name?
10. A combination of any of the above?

Reset Your Windows 7 Password With This Trick
Believe it or not, there's a way to reset your Windows 7 password with nothing but the tools and software you already have at your disposal. This is a nifty little trick that anyone can pull off. The worst you'll have to do is boot from a disc or flash drive and use Command Prompt a few times.

Considering the fact that you likely don't really have a password reset disk or a second administrator on your computer, and you probably already have a headache trying to remember what you set your password as, this trick will be the solution for most of you.

Hack Your Windows 7 Account With a Password Recovery Program
If you've tried guessing, there are no other users on your computer, the last trick didn't work for some reason, and you are sure you don't have a Windows 7 password reset disk lying around, then it's time to try something a bit more complicated.

Password recovery programs are software tools designed to recover or reset/delete your Windows 7 password. They can sometimes be difficult to use but if you truly have forgotten your Windows 7 password and you can also follow some simple directions, there's an excellent chance that one of these programs will get you back into Windows.

Still Can't Find Your Windows 7 Password?
If you've tried everything above, and that lost Windows 7 password really is lost for good, then you'll need to perform a clean install of Windows 7, a process which will erase everything on your computer.

It's a drastic, and obviously destructive, step but if you want your computer back, you'll need to consider this option if everything else has failed.
Re: I Forgot My Windows 7 Password! How Do I Retrieve It Back? by Gigaspeed: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2018
Well If you've tried everything, and that lost Windows 7 password really is lost

Dont give up, I have a solution that work is 2 minutes. Just drop a message.

(1) (Reply)

Asus Republic Of Gamers 15.6inchs 1tb 16gb Ram 2nvidia Graphics / I Need A Laptop / HP Pavilion DM4 Laptops For Sale Checks - In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.