Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits (37169 Views)

Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment / Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB / Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
The full innoson statement

There have been a lot of misinterpretations on the press release published by Innoson Group on the decision of the Supreme Court. Therefore, we deem it fit through this medium to properly address and educate the public on the factual outcome of what happened at the Supreme Court on the litigation between Innoson and GTB.

On December 9, 2014, the Court of Appeal Enugu Division, delivered a ruling and ordered Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTB), to, within 14 days, pay a Judgment debt of about N6Billion to the deputy chief registrar of the court who shall pay same into an interest yielding account pending the determination of GTB’s appeal.

However, GTBank, not satisfied with the ruling of the Court of Appeal, headed to the Supreme Court and filed a motion for stay of execution of the order.

The public should also note that the Judgment debt of N6Billion arose as a result of excess and unlawful charges which GTBank took from Innoson’s account domiciled with it.

On June 7, 2018, the Supreme Court struck out the application filed by GTBank on the stay of execution of the order of Court of Appeal. The N6Billion judgment debt, as at June 7, 2018, is over N14Billion.

Therefore as a result of the struck-out application, the Court of Appeal order that GTB should pay the judgment debt to the deputy chief registrar of the court within 14 days from cheesy the date of ruling (and which sum the deputy chief registrar shall pay into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank) takes effect immediately.

We are therefore right to state “GTB shall pay Innoson N14Billion judgment debt into an interest-yielding account within 14 days
”.

Furthermore, we are aware that GTBank, in an affidavit sworn to on December 12, 2014 at the Court of Appeal Enugu Division, after the Court ordered it to pay the judgment debt into an interest-yielding account stated in Paragraphs 5,6,7 that:

5. The compliance by the Appellant (GTB) with this order of this Honourable Court of 9thDecember, 2014 will adversely affect the smooth banking operation….. and deplete the depositors funds in the custody of the Appellant (GTB) as the sum ordered to be paid will necessarily have to be paid from the depositors funds.

6. That the order contained in the decision of this Honourable Court appealed against will impact negatively on the operation of the banking business of the Appellant (GTB). Compliance with the order will have adverse effect of depleting the trading funds of the Appellant with the resultant effect of high probability of attracting the sanctions of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

7.The banking operation of the Appellant (GTB) will seriously be adversely affected and its capital base eroded.

Therefore, GTB is advised within 14 days to obey the order of the Court of Appeal and pay the judgment debt to the deputy chief registrar of the Court within 14 days from the date of the Supreme Court decision. The bank should take heed of the advice given to it at the Supreme Court to go and negotiate with Innoson.

For emphasis, the judgment debt arising from the excess and unlawful charges which GTB took from Innoson’s account with it is, as at today, is over N14Billon.

Cornel Osigwe

Head Corporate Communications
Innoson Group
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/271885-clarifying-supreme-court-judgment-on-innoson-vs-gtbank.html
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by PearlStreet(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
Innoson has exposed the IQ level of most wawa pigs.

Their intelligence is overrated and their foolishness is underrated.

12 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is the koko of last week's supreme court judgement.

On June 7, 2018, the Supreme Court struck out the application filed by GTBank on the stay of execution of the order of Court of Appeal. The N6Billion judgment debt, as at June 7, 2018, is over N14Billion.

Therefore as a result of the struck-out application, the Court of Appeal order that GTB should pay the judgment debt to the deputy chief registrar of the court within 14 days from the date of ruling (and which sum the deputy chief registrar shall pay into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank) takes effect immediately.

We are therefore right to state “GTB shall pay Innoson N14Billion judgment debt into an interest-yielding account within 14 days

GTB MUST COUGH OUT N14B TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR OF THE COURT OF APPEAL WITHIN 14 DAYS
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by dprpikin: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
Patrinus:
Yorubas for reasons I can't even start to fathom, remains highly civilised even when the tide favours them.

With the exception of a few who choose to engage in unnecessary e-brawls, the average Yoruba man would simply drop an unbiased comment and keep it moving. If the tables were turned as regards this particular Innoson issue, this thread for don dey hell fire tey-tey.

You just mentioned that an average Yoruba man would simply drop an unbiased statement, and immediately after that you made a very particularly biased statement.

Now tell me, which one will we take? Your supposition or your action?

When we point one finger at another person, sometimes unknown to us, the remaining are pointing at us.

Whether you are from Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Ijaw etc, it doesn't matter. What matters is who you are-- your personality.
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
If GTB is claiming there was no supreme court judgement against them last week then there are surely lying!! There was a judgement against them to deposit N14b though not to innoson but rather to the deputy registrar of the court of appeal
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Antipob777(f): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is how they want to use lies and propaganda to actualize Biafra.

Igbo can lie no be small. Majority of the Igbo's are illiterates and this is why they resort to hate for Buhari govt.

They will never verify a news and they begin to bash.

Shameless pigs and idiots.

Ndi Ara

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by papparatzzi2013: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yet all those pigidiotic bigots and osus were haiing him when he circulated the fake judgement.

Another fraudster is kissing the canvass.

5 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44 and Lalastclala.This headline we lied about the supreme court judgement is mischievous!!! The press release was a clarification of the actual orders handed down by the supreme court last week
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by teepain: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Paperwhite:
I inturn tender my unreserved apologized for my misguided opinion on the initial press release by the bank in an earlier thread on this forum.

A very wise thing to do. To err is human. My advise to anybody that cares to listen is to watch as events unfold in the court(s).

When everything has been laid bare and final judgements have been delivered, then we would know the guilty party. It is easy for anybody taking sides now to err as we are not all privy to what happened between the two parties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Seun this mischievous headline purports there was no supreme court judgement against GTB tp pay 14b.Kindly correct this headline now
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Synthase:
Scannews and other mumu Igbos commenting on their Facebook platform, how market...

Ipodians or Apodas won't like this. People from yEastern potopoto 5% region have had their sense of reasoning removed since 0000 BC. Ipodians are already on their way to the Supreme court accompanied by their dullards ohaneze.

5 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by chukwuibuipob: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
ipobarethieves

3 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by ezigr8(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
I see gtb filing a fresh civil action against innoson motors.....maka y innocent?

4 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by ipobarecriminals: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
Jhudas ,fl@theads,fake /counterfeiting lifestyle. scam,developing Indonesia prison. Ipobarecriminals. GTB shud collect their money.

2 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by duro4chang(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Contempt of the court!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
ezigr8:
I see gtb filing a fresh civil action against innoson motors.....maka y innocent?
i dont think you understand this news.GTB will have to cough out N14B to the appeal court within 14 days
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Chuksonyeike: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
duro4chang:
Contempt of the court!

That will be the case if GTB fails to pay N14b to the deputy registrar of the court of appeal

1 Like

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Blue3k(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
cheesy man this is sad he would engage in propaganda when court ruling are publicly available. You would think they would be more smarter than this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
Super1759:
Its very simple to say..

OUR ACCOUNT WAS HACKED.

THEM NEVER SABI LIE

See you grin

The cost of forensics to investigate such a claim is far less than 1 million naira and if proven otherwise, Innoson can be sued in hundreds of million.

So they did well by apologizing publicly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Yankee101: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
419 all the way. I lent you money and you ran to court to avoid paying. Abuja business people sha. I for fear say Supreme xourt don dey lose their 'last hope for naija' status.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Patrinus: 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
dprpikin:

You just mentioned that an average Yoruba man would simply drop an unbiased statement, and immediately after that you made a very particularly biased statement.

Now tell me, which one will we take? Your supposition or your action?

When we point one finger at another person, sometimes unknown to us, the remaining are pointing at us.

Whether you are from Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Ijaw etc, it doesn't matter. What matters is who you are-- your personality.

You can check out your brothers' personalities on that thread where innoson lied that he'd been awarded 14 billion and get back to me (if u like deny you're igbo).

There's nothing biased in what I posted if you doubt me, refer to all my post and get back to me. Remember to compare notes on that thread I mentioned.

Now depart from me ye flamer! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by meccuno: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
Throwback:
Innoson is truly behaving like someone or an organization that could actually engage in forgery, which is the charge EFCC has brought against it in the other trial.

What happened was a landmark and pioneering crime of forgery of a whole Supreme Court judgement, so what then is a minor case of forging shipping or business documents?

My people say, Eefin ni wa, ko se fi pamo. It means attitude/manners is like smoke, it cannot be hidden.

As for GTBank, if you eventually lose at the supreme court as you had lost at the appeal initially, kindly pay up.

As for Innocent/Innoson, if you are equally found guilty of forgery in the criminal case against you by EFCC, kindly waka go jail jejely.

I don't want to hear, "is it because I am Igbo?".

This is purely a business case in one court, and a criminal forgery case in another court. There will be a winner and there will be a loser in both.

There is no tribal case in any customary court.
i thought i would see you here and you didnt disappoint. always on thread relating to an igbo person.
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Later pigs will be comparing this idiotttt with distinguished men like Dangote and Adenuga

Innoson's mischievous and evil agenda was to ignite agitation in the minds of Gtb customers so that people will troop in to pull out their money.
Innoson is evil

2 Likes

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
funnynation:
In as much as APC still dey rule this country, you can lie and deny it anytime any day..

Guestlander:
Why must they lie so much?
May I remind you that our minister of information is a laier. So dont be suprised
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Organs(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
Super1759:
Its very simple to say..

OUR ACCOUNT WAS HACKED.

THEM NEVER SABI LIE

Technology can tell you its not True.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Fantastic self inflicted demarketing.

Throughout this saga, innoson have repeatedly exposed themselves as corrupt, unethical, sleazy and outrightly dishonest.

Buy from or engage them at your own peril.

Caveat emptor

The worst part of it is that the ohaneze and Co will only make noise, not buy his cars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by dprpikin: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
Patrinus:

You can check out your brothers' personalities on that thread where innoson lied that he'd been awarded 14 billion and get back to me (if u like deny you're igbo).

There's nothing biased in what I posted if you doubt me, refer to all my post and get back to me. Remember to compare notes on that thread I mentioned.

Now depart from me ye flamer! grin

I don't need to refer to all your posts. In the first post where I qouted you, you started by infering that Yorubas are more or less guiltless(except for few) when it comes to engaging in verbal abuses. Then you concluded it by insinuating that Igbos are champions of Verbal abuses.

You raised a tribe so high, and debased the other so low. What comment could have been more biased than that, if you truly understand what being biased is?
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by TundeBricklayer: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
babatee100:

[s]Ipodians or Apodas won't like this. People from yEastern potopoto 5% region have had their sense of reasoning removed since 0000 BC. Ipodians are already on their way to the Supreme court accompanied by their dullards ohaneze[/s].
This head line is misleading, kindly read his full statement from reputable websites

The Chief Executive Officer, CEO, and Chairman of Innoson group of companies, Innocent Chukwuma, has spoken up for the first time after winning a court case with Guarantee Trust Bank, GTB.
DAILY POST had reported on Thursday that the automobile maker floored GTB at the Supreme Court with the bank given a 14-day ultimatum to pay him the sum of N6 billion

Explaining the court judgment in a statement on Sunday by its Head of Corporate Communication, Cornel Osigwe, Innoson group explained that as at June 7, 2018 the bank was due to pay over N6billion as “judgment debt” to the court’s Registrar as ordered by the Enugu division of the Court of Appeal.

Innoson group stated, “There have been a lot of misinterpretations on the press release published by Innoson Group on the decision of the Supreme Court.

“Therefore, we deem it fit through this medium to properly address and educate the public on the factual outcome of what happened at the Supreme Court on the litigation between Innoson and GTB.

“On 9th of December 2014, the Court of Appeal Enugu Division, delivered a ruling and ordered Guaranty Trust Bank Plc to, within 14 days, pay a Judgment debt of about N6billion to the Deputy Chief Register of the Court who shall pay same into an interest yielding account pending the determination of GTB’s appeal.

“However GTbank not satisfied with the ruling of the Court of Appeal, headed to the Supreme Court and filed a motion for stay of the execution of the order.
“Therefore it noted that it is incumbent on GTBank to pay the said money to the Deputy Chief Register of the Court within 14 days from the date of the Supreme Court ruling which is expected to be paid into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank pending the determination of the substantive suit.”
http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/11/innoson-speaks-first-time-flooring-gtb-explains-supreme-court-ruling/
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by docadams: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

grin

Just add "and various others".

Supported. The confession should be total and all encompassing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Patrinus: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
dprpikin:

I don't need to refer to all your posts. In the first post where I qouted you, you started by infering that Yorubas are more or less guiltless(except for few) when it comes to engaging in verbal abuses. Then you concluded it by insinuating that Igbos are champions of Verbal abuses.

You raised a tribe so high, and debased the other so low. What comment could have been more biased than that, if you truly understand what being biased is?

Igbos are champions at verbal abuses, refer to the thread in which innoson lied about the supreme court verdict on the 14 billion repayment.

I never stopped you from raising your tribe, did I? Watch how your cohorts try to manipulate everything like they saints, even on this thread.

If I'm being biased, guess who I learnt fom! grin

Depart from me ye flamer! angry
Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by docadams: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

I mean various other blunders, faux pas and outright lies.

They hardly accept persuasion. When you catch them on the wrong side of the law, hit them on the head with a hammer. If in doubt, ask any law enforcement agent who has ever served in the east.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
To me Innoson means scam, honestly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abraham Otti Buys New G-class SUV Ahead Of Christmas (Photos) / Nneoma Anosike Sues Wema Bank For Illegal Use Of Photo / Lagos On Lockdown As Many Engage In "Last Minute Rush Buys For Xmas" - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.