Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

FG Announces New National Building Code - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Announces New National Building Code (18254 Views)

Firm Announces Completion Of Crimson Court Residences, Jericho GRA, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Announces New National Building Code by sophsia62: 5:01am On Jun 13, 2018
The Federal Government yesterday announced a new national building code that will regulate construction with the aim of improving on measures to safeguard lives and property in the country.

Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, made the announcement at the ministry’s headquaters in Abuja while inaugurating members of the Architect Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON).He noted that the event was apt, as it came on June 12, a date he described as significant in the nation’s democracy.

Fashola said that given the number of deaths and the risk associated with wrong plans for buildings and other construction projects in the country, it had become imperative for government to adopt deliberate measures to check the avoidable loss of life and property, hence the new code.

“We have come up with the new code because government is aware of the fact that most deaths and injuries caused during building collapse are results of unacceptable ways of building. You can find out that in most cases safety measures are not considered in erecting most of the failed structures,” he said.The council, according to the minister, was set up to determine the standard of educational qualification of members and regulate the activities of architects in the building and construction industry.

He urged the new members to consider their appointment as a call to national service.He said the government remained committed to both infrastructural development and renewal. Fashola reminded the new ARCON members that they were serving at a time the government initiated a national housing programme, which is second in the history of the country after the Shehu Shagari era, hence the need for extra commitment.According to the minister, houses will now be designed in such a way that public safety cannot be compromised.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/fg-announces-new-national-building-code.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:03am On Jun 13, 2018
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
GOD BLESS THE MINISTER WITH 3 PORTFOLIOS.
GOD BLESS YOU AND I.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Is04970: 5:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Bless today me O Lord.

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Is04970: 5:19am On Jun 13, 2018
What has building code got to do with ARCON?
Where are NIOB and CORBON?

19 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Caseless: 5:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Sai baba

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Obito555(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2018
That's why u can't have a beautiful building without a strong foundation...We have vast experience in foundation (esp pile) design n construction check my signature now....

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2018
Caseless:
Sai baba
Caseless ma guy!
(Shhhhh, don't LOUD it!)
Howdy bro?!
How Ramadan dey go?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by BarryX(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2018
The issue is not with new codes but with the implementation of same codes.

12 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by TEYA: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:
NIOB, CORBON? I call them apprentice structural engineers! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by frankmoney(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:
who designs a building ? Most architect oversee a project from start to finish , so it has everything to do with them , and while designing you have to adhere strictly to some building guidelines

11 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by PointZerom: 7:19am On Jun 13, 2018
Ok
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by QTEST007(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2018
if you know you know

I've been in the business of building construction for 12 years, and I'm yet to see a crack on any of my buildings.

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by dukeprince50: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2018
No doubt, since we came out of recession the government is really working, I do not know if they will change after 2019 cos I just deh fear Nigerian Govt. God bless us all, now people increased price of goods during recession and after it they just no wan green bring down price of goods again. The average Nigerian is a rogue.
God bless our govt

6 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by happy27: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2018
talk is cheap. I hope they implement
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Oceannaagent: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Good morning to all Nigerian, positive minds today
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by ademoladeji(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:

Seek Knowledge bro.

frankmoney:
who designs a building ? Most architect oversee a project from start to finish , so it has everything to do with them , and while designing you have to adhere strictly to some building guidelines

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68430653:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
GOD BLESS THE MINISTER WITH 3 PORTFOLIOS.
GOD BLESS YOU AND I.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by dukeprince50: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2018
happy27:
talk is cheap. I hope they implement
actually this govt is working, let's give them credit for dat

3 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by dukeprince50: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2018
PointZerom:
Ok
the struggle for front page
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Afec1000givers: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2018
oga 3 ports what about our dangerous roads that usually claimed more than 5000 lives every year o. what is the qualification of those int'l construstion companies. I beg we need another code...

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by RichDad1(m): 7:28am On Jun 13, 2018
I want to buy Oris. undecided
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Kzealz(m): 7:30am On Jun 13, 2018
frankmoney:

There is a vast difference between who oversee the construction of a building and who physically manage the production and control of artisans and material from the start to completion in line with specs and design.... Arcon have less to do with national building code compared to a NIOB AND CORBON

5 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by kinibigdeal(m): 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by TheUbermensch: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68430653:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT. GOD BLESS THE MINISTER WITH 3 PORTFOLIOS. GOD BLESS YOU AND I. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!
Ogbeni kee kwayet and erase your fake signature.
You're just a damned liar like your President.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by hardywaltz(m): 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Good
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Lanretoye(m): 7:32am On Jun 13, 2018
This Fashola will always find a way of extorting people in the guise of performing...at the end,people will pay for this or that.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2018
SHOULD I COMMENT OR NOT?
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by twilliamx(m): 7:33am On Jun 13, 2018
This is a nice development, fashola can't wait for u to run for president.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Kzealz(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2018
TEYA:

NIOB, CORBON? I call them apprentice structural engineers! grin grin grin

National building code 2006
Section 2:32
No 3. Building production management in line with provision of health and safety Mgt and quality Mgt is the core role of a registered builder... Get ur fact right...

6 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by kinibigdeal(m): 7:37am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

There is a vast difference between who oversee the construction of a building and who physically manage the production and control of artisans and material from the start to completion in line with specs and design.... Arcon have less to do with national building code compared to a NIOB AND CORBON

Please you don't need to educate them on their roles on a construction project, they don't even know their left from right than to tell you we design so we can build. No wonder their is conflict between NIA and ARCON, they don't have a defined role, Architects all over the world know their roles but in Nigeria they don't

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASEPA Seals Carizma Hotel For Noise Pollution. / House On Fire In Ilasa. Lagos Mainland. / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.