Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured (18298 Views)

Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) / Hotel Building Collapses In Ibadan, 7 People Injured / Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by dayo229: 1:49am On Oct 11, 2019
A three-storey building located at Sharks Squad, Abijo road along the Lekki Expressway collapsed at about 7:14 p.m on Thursday, October 10th injuring three persons.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the collapsed building was under construction.

“The three people sustained various degrees of injuries and they have been
treated and discharged,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.

He said there was no death recorded, while officials are still working and monitoring situation at the site. He, however, said that the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LABSCA), as well as the Ministry of Solid Material Testing Agency And Physical Planning had been informed to do further investigation.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/10/three-storey-building-collapse-in-lagos.html

2 Likes

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by jboycrb(m): 2:23am On Oct 11, 2019
Hey yah
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Georgekyrian(m): 2:27am On Oct 11, 2019
Inside life Issa Puta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by olureignforever: 3:25am On Oct 11, 2019
Lagos and building collapse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by omoyankee3(m): 6:01am On Oct 11, 2019
sad
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 11, 2019
When the foundation is broken, what can the righteous do? A clear depiction of construction done out of greed, poor planning and selfish interest.Thank God no life was lost!!!

7 Likes

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 11, 2019
Buhari wedding never start oooooooo.. we don dey experience bad things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by chinavs9ja(m): 6:08am On Oct 11, 2019
So sad
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Jibsonified(m): 6:08am On Oct 11, 2019
OP, it is Lagos State Material Testing Laboratory. NOT Ministry of Solid Material Testing Agency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by sylve11: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2019
@ op, I don't know what Nigereria's coming to; it seems the higher the buildings the lower the morals. cry cool
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Arysexy(m): 6:14am On Oct 11, 2019
Where is d idiot arguing with me that Anambra has more building collapse on the thread with controlled demolition of a storey building on a flood Channel.

U claimed Anambra builders use low quality materials to build, even when I disagreed with Ur attempt to blackmail ndi Anambra, citing Onitsha with multi 5 - storey buildings that stood the test of time yet u kept arguing blindly.

What do u have to say now about Lagos known for frequent collapse, especially Lagos island?

The truth shall set you free

4 Likes

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Wordrep65: 6:14am On Oct 11, 2019
If the foundation is wrong, this is what you get.

The reason people get divorced is because the beginning of the relationship was not solid

Fink abourit
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Madibah(m): 6:17am On Oct 11, 2019
It's buhari's faults
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by tillaman(m): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2019
The foundation is prolly weak!! This is as a result of bad foundation, no matter what you lay on a faulty foundation it will crumble right in your face! Even if you import the materials from Europe, if the foundation is bad then it’s a sorry case
Speedy recovery to the injured ones

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Arysexy(m): 6:22am On Oct 11, 2019
This building just collapsed today wey Buhari wan marry, hope it's not a bad omen. I see collapsed marriage.

Aisha Buhari, it is well with you
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by layzie: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2019
keylo:
When the foundation is broken, what can the righteous do? A clear depiction of construction done out of greed, poor planning and selfish interest.Thank God no life was lost!!!

I assume u have prior knowledge of this building before making these claims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by bestman09(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2019
hu
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by seunlayi(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2019
This is serious, everything visible and invisible just they collapse 4 did kantry

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by YorubaNinja: 6:50am On Oct 11, 2019
Madibah:
It's buhari's faults

Typical Ipob mentality... grin

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by frozen70g(f): 6:52am On Oct 11, 2019
That land automatically now belongs to lagos state government

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2019
tillaman:
The foundation is prolly weak!! This is as a result of bad foundation, no matter what you lay on a faulty foundation it will crumble right in your face! Even if you import the materials from Europe, if the foundation is bad then it’s a sorry case
Speedy recovery to the injured ones
you are right, probably poor foundation not built according to specifications........it's obviously a waterlogged environment hence proper raft foundation should have been used........I also hope the standard materials were used and procedures followed......now who is to blame?? Really sad
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by tillaman(m): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
you are right, probably poor foundation not built according to specifications........it's obviously a waterlogged environment hence proper raft foundation should have been used........I also hope the standard materials were used and procedures followed......now who is to blame?? Really sad
some land owners are always fond of opting for cheap and substandard materials, or either the contractor all in the name of making outrageous gains cut cost to an unreasonable extent!!
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by PureFace1(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2019
Arysexy:
Where is d idiot arguing with me that Anambra has more building collapse on the thread with controlled demolition of a storey building on a flood Channel.

U claimed Anambra builders use low quality materials to build, even when I disagreed with Ur attempt to blackmail ndi Anambra, citing Onitsha with multi 5 - storey buildings that stood the test of time yet u kept arguing blindly.

What do u have to say now about Lagos known for frequent collapse, especially Lagos island?

The truth shall set you free

The collapse in Lagos is not as frequent as Anambra though

At least three news of collapse in Anambra before Lagos collapse
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Emusan(m): 7:17am On Oct 11, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
you are right, probably poor foundation not built according to specifications........ it's obviously a waterlogged environment hence proper raft foundation should have been used ........I also hope the standard materials were used and procedures followed......now who is to blame?? Really sad

The @bolden part is the major reason most building collapsed in this country....

You may ask, how?

I'll tell you, I know you just GUESS/ASSUME the type of foundation not according to STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN of the building. Which is a typical behavior of Nigerian Engineers... They just guess based on their imaginary size, type and frequently seen structure.

Go to any construction site in Nigeria today, and ask for the structural analysis and design. I bet you, you won't get instead you will only be given the reinforcement schedule.

Just a single storey structural analysis and design can give you a report of over 150pages....

How many engineers can even interpret structural analysis and design report not to talk of creating it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by saheedbadmus(m): 7:18am On Oct 11, 2019
Na wao..God have mercy on us in lagos with this constant collapse..structural/substandard material/foundation problems etc

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Emusan(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2019
PureFace1:

The collapse in Lagos is not as frequent as Anambra though

At least three news of collapse in Anambra before Lagos collapse

Why are you people always turn major issues to tribal?

This supposed to be a thread where young engineers showcase their structural knowledge by analysing the possible causes of the collapse in other to sell their careers.

I just weak for you guys....

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by PureFace1(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Emusan:

Why are you people always turn major issues to tribal?

This supposed to be a thread where young engineers showcase their structural knowledge by analysing the possible causes of the collapse in other to sell their careers.

I just weak for you guys....

You supposed to direct your frustration to the person I replied

And I don't think my comment is stopping you from dropping your engineer structural knowledge
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Slymonster(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Most engineers in this Lagos like to shortchange the right thing for their own benefit.

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by EzekaUdenee: 7:46am On Oct 11, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:

Typical Ipob mentality... grin
[/s]
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Lagosfinder(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Not again
Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Emusan:

The @bolden part is the major reason most building collapsed in this country....

You may ask, how?

I'll tell you, I know you just GUESS/ASSUME the type of foundation not according to STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN of the building. Which is a typical behavior of Nigerian Engineers... They just guess based on their imaginary size, type and frequently seen structure.

Go to any construction site in Nigeria today, and ask for the structural analysis and design. I bet you, you won't get instead you will only be given the reinforcement schedule.

Just a single storey structural analysis and design can give you a report of over 150pages....

How many engineers can even interpret structural analysis and design report not to talk of creating it?
Of course, structural analysis is very key......besides I. am Not assuming, customarily , it is important to note that it is from the structural designs, soil properties of the land , and so on, that would determine the right foundation to be used......it's technically very wrong to just presume some kind of foundation based on prior knowledge or shallow-experience for a proposed project....it should follow
due procedures and specification............so don't get me wrong

1 Like

Re: Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured by Emusan(m): 10:02am On Oct 11, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
Of course, structural analysis is very key......

Do you know how to perform structural analysis and design?

(1) (2) (Reply)

House On Fire In Ilasa. Lagos Mainland. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here / Basic Information You Should Have Before Buying A Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.