Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,183 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 - Sports (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 (198427 Views)

Iceland Vs Croatia: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 / France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
to slap this coach dey hungry me.
he cant even speak English, all this mediocre white coaches we go and pick up from Europe after the have become useless

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by GavelSlam: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Rohr, is largely to be blamed for this lacklustre performance.

I don't know what it is with coaches and being overtly conservative when they are at the world cup.

The Nigerian flair is completely missing. We are now a Brazil that is scared to attack.

4-5-1 is mostly a defensive system and you must have special collection of players to interpret this system.

Granted Croatia would probably beat Nigeria even with our original, expansive football, the fact remains our best chance can only come when we are adventurous.

Mynd44, what can I do about your antispam bot which prevents me from contributing in threads under the politics section?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by olatade(m): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
thank GOD they'll be coming back home early. it will lessen my worries and expectations on them
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Iwillbegreat: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
Like seriously, some of the guys on this thread commented like the ladies I left where I was watching the match. Croatia was just lucky to have scored the first goal, and then subsequently getting a penalty. I agree that the Nigerian team isn't formidable, but they tried. I think they played better than Croatia.
stfu useless basstard,there is no lucky in football,you lose,you lose..

go back to fuccking your worthless bf and live football alone,bitchh

Nigeria eagles are the most useless,the defenders are scared of touching ball,the midfidder cant pass,,do we have strikers?

and sack that stupid basstard german coach

put okocha as coach seff

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by sunbreaker: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
fairfora:
In a country where nepotism is the order of the day, you can't expect less than what we're seeing tonight. It's a total shame. Unfortunately, the coach can't see beyond his nose. Whatever they present to him is what he'd take. The NFF has prevailed again. I learnt those boys paid huge sum to own a jersey. Where are the junior team players who won the world cup a couple of times for us? Those are the players that ought to have metamorphosed into a national team and not all these one who bribed their way into the national team. I hope we get it right someday.
Did you heard Garba Lawal complain when the coach announced the team list? OK,if you don't know he said the coach did show any technical committee the list to vet on it and coach should responsible for any things that happen thereafter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Peppergroove(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
All ye naija fans say
I'm from Togo
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by MusicSots: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Our coach learnt nothing from the friendlies. sad angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Cloud007: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
saintol:
If I should catch that pig wey do that yeye prediction eehen, na asun I go use am do.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Bigchee72: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nahum777:
Haha, through out today Nepa no even show sign.
Lols! This is why I will never support Nigeria. Imagine saraki donating 50 thousand dollars(18 million naira) to super eagles when a lot of kwara state indigenes need it. If that fool had given 500 thousand naira to 34 jobless youths to start business, things would have been better. The fool donated the money to footballers that earn millions every week. Funny enough, the money was stolen from kwara state people. I want the politicians to feel it. I will never support this country in the world cup.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Odingo1:

How are they against Nigeria,you watch the match so, you don come with victim mentality
Yea I DID The refree was Against naija Players, more expecially V'Moses
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by ADRIAN88(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
phreakabit:

My name na Mazinho, Mazi for short.

LOL! Safe journey Mazi!
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by franchasng: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iamdmentor1:

Bros na wa for you o...

Dem put Musa, Wetin the guy do? Iwobi should have been in attacking midfield
for the few minutes Musa played, he injected a little energy and forward push into the game.

Rohr ought to have started Iheanacho and Musa. Who is Ighalo That one na player

Their white teammates in their European clubs will finish the game, finetune it and they will be using it to shine and u think they know what they are playing...all of them are by-chance players jareh.

Its high time Nigeria focus our using on home based players for world cup and forget all these lazy fools playing abroad forming rich idiots angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by ebenholer(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria players and panicky nature in face of corner kicks. I never knew the reason why.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by sirjustice1575(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
The Referee do ojoro...

Na God go punish both the Referee and our Coach..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by miniyi018(f): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sunkyphil:
which players dem come get wey go start in place of them

Simi Nwankwo and Ihenacho can start for a change.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by AxceX(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
They lacked passion for todays game,they were too slow,gave chances n space for their opponent to pass balls,ighalo had no one to assist him,maybe they ought to use two strikers instead. Too many back passes n they never had that taste for goal.Mikel should be benched n never be in starting eleven,musa ain't a player no more,iwobi was not in todays game.rohr waited too long to bring in subs undecided..Too much panic at corners

Very AWFUL performance I must say,just two chance at goal.TERRIBLE!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by ernieboy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
If Nigeria can beat Iceland by 3 goals

Argentina beat Croatia by 3 or 2 goals

Croatia Play draw with Iceland and

Nigeria draw Argentina in the last match, we will qualify for the next round.
see calculation, last last we are back to our usual position- one of endless calculations and hope, unfortunately this time it is bleak. not with the team we just saw.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by fratermathy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm amazed that after this abysmal outing, you still have hope in the team. These guys went to Russia for fashion, nothing else.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Bamz(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Daeylar:
Why is Croatia so rough? Is his leg the football! angry

Lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by notindome(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Is it PDP vs APC permutations? Na World Cup ah take God beg You.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
TheCongo2:
Time to start reinventing the African local leagues and focusing on its players. That is the only way out.
Let look at the previous world cup. When the African teams were taking the local league players to the world cup, we were getting closer and closer to win the world cup. 1982 - 1986 - 1990.

Starting 1994 , African team started to take only foreign based players to the world cup, we haven't done any better than what we did in 1990. Cameroon reached the quarter final in 1990 with half of the players from their local league. But ever since Cameroon had started to select foreign based players, they haven't been able to pass the group stage.

Insightful

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Litmus: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Vivipop:
I take the whole blame. I can't believe I ever believed in this shitty Eagles, in this country. No passion, no creativity no nothing, not even injuries to the other team. Playing these whites as though they are scared of them, no drive, no thirst to score, stupid backward passes that gets them nothing...Sluggish is an understatement. Fast pace football is just beyond us...

I take the whole blame, trusting these wannabe football players. Shame!!!

They were not sluggish, they ran madly around the pitch like headless chickens, huffing and puffing just the way Nigerians wanted them to do because Nigerians liked the Ghana style better. If Nigeria had kept to the old walk , think, run style and developed that we would be a more formidable footballing Nation by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Xedy(f): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
fashion parade don end#slay boys ;Dfashion parade don end#slay boys
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by dazzlingd(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

What you are trying to say is that we will not qualify

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Smellymouth: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria has 1 win in 11 World Cup games.
Haba!! Who swear for una na? Arrhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

https://www.nairaland.com/4565983/why-nigeria-other-african-teams
you may be right but you failed to include nepotism. My brother's cousin's nephew's blablabla. Look at those players very well. They're not in anyway better than our local league players. I don't agree with you that we play a scatter-scatter ball. If we did, those junior players who played fantastic football and won world cup a couple of times wouldn't have gone that far. I watched those boys when UAE hosted the junior world cup. I was in Dubai that time, lodged somewhere in Deira. Their performance was amazing and the NFF ought to have groomed them for the future and not going up and down looking for players who were highest bidders. You go to Egypt and see their pattern of play, maybe you'd reason differently. We have wonderful players in this country but the fraud perpetrated by NFF is the major issue. My niece wanted to play for national team some years back. She was the best player in the whole of Oyo state. I was shocked when her coach said she was dropped because she couldn't bribe her way through we later learnt those who managed to get a jersey paid 500k each. I told my friend I wouldn't stress myself on tonight's match and I'd watch it like every other match.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Edoblakky:
Who did this to Africa? We are about the only continent yet to record a goal (except 2 own goals) let alone getting a point.

Most Africans do not think constructively. It shows on the continent. A typical Africans will support a foolish endeavor because an African leads the course.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by adidison(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
yemi15:

There is only so much the coach can do! Not much talent in this team since 2013!

Name 2 or 3 talent on Iceland or Iran please! I'll wait

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by opomulero(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
opomulero:
I want super eagles to win, but i dont believe in them

And i will never believe in them...... Senior lazy youths...lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Greenback: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Group log now:
CROATIA P1 D0 L0 Pts3
ARGENTINA P1 D1 L0 Pts1
ICELAND P1 D1 L0 Pts1
KWANTIRI P1 D0 L1 PtsKONDO
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by kinzation(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Edoblakky:
We are playing argentina on my birthday. I hope I won't cry that day
crying is an understatement
you will weep...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (118) (Reply)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / VIDEO: Jamal Murray Posts Quarantine S3x Tape With Girlfriend On IG,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.