Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 (226558 Views)

Iceland Vs Croatia: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by doctokwus: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2018
johnmartus:
but those guys can't be trusted.
That's exactly why I am so scared and tensed.
It wouldn't even hurt me if Iceland qualifies,by defeating Croatia but for reasons I just don't get,I have never liked any Argentina team and never have liked them doing well in football competitions;probably because unlike all South American countries in particular,and even some core European countries,they are the only one that have never had a black team player.
So seeing this their poor,ultrawhite team,qualifying at our expense,after our wonderful match against Iceland,and even at the expense of a likeable Iceland,after we deprived them by our defeating them,would be too much pain,that would take a long time to recover from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Seun360(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
Argentina will continue their streak over Nigeria.
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Seun360(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Paperwhite:
God give us victory.
If you want to bring God into this
remember the pope is from Argentina.
so, leave Baba God out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Seun360(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
Argentina 4-1 Nigeria
(Aguero 23" 79" ; Salvio 42" ; Pavon 88" )
(Balogun 56" )
Sure correct score.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nonyofor35: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Please buhari should not call them again abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Mexyz(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Seun360:

Sure correct score.
sure correct score, hope you don put 100k for the. 'sure correct score'
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by adegbite01: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigeria to beat them 2--1

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Milli10(m): 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
I love Messi more than Nigeria as a country. Argentina team is just as average as the super eagles of Nigeria.. But for the fact that Messi is in this average Argentina team and my immeasurable love for Messi..

I hope Argentina wins to save Messi's face cos it's really going to be embarrassing for him to be knocked out of the group stage

#teambarcelona #teammessi

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by orlymat: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
I hope they are not carried away by victory over Iceland and forget vital correction that needs to be made. Excessive back passes, avoidable and unnecessary fowl in our box

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by sogodihno: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
I can't believe some people are supporting messi against Nigeria their own country, people are really unbelievable. As if messi sabi or give a bleep about them, I know super eagle winning world cup or moving far in the competition won't add anything to our pocket, but the Joy I felt on that Friday for just winning Iceland and see how people are smiling and everyone is happy, even MTN dash us credit, I think is not so bad if we keep enjoying that happiness once in a while.

Go eagles.
God bless super eagles

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Amoto94(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Milli10:
I love Messi more than Nigeria as a country. Argentina team is just as average as the super eagles of Nigeria.. But for the fact that Messi is in this average Argentina team and my immeasurable love for Messi..

I hope Argentina wins to save Messi's face cos it's really going to be embarrassing for him to be knocked out of the group stage

#teambarcelona #teammessi
mumuism at its peak

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by saylawal2003(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
If Nigeria draw with Argentina and Iceland beat Croatia by 2 goals to nothing, who qualifies between Nigeria & Iceland?
Please respond with proof
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by liberalchick(f): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
tenmariner:
Come this day, we ll need a Casio scientific calculator

We don’t need a calculator for this one, for be first time our destiny lies in our hands.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Arsenalholic(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Cutting supplies to Messi will not work as Messi does not rely on supplies. He always goes deep to collect the ball himself.

My advise is that the Eagles play with serious consciousness. They should ensure to close all gaps.

This match should be the easiest for us if our players go in with the right mindset. The mindset that Argentina is beatable. Argentina are under the pressure to survive so they are very likely to hit the ground running from the blast of the whistle. The Eagles must have the game plan to frustrate as well as make quick breaks.

Everyone must be involved in play, even Uzoho. Uzoho must understand that modern football has evolved to include goalkeepers in play creation. He should kick the ball with purpose. Enough of shooting aimlessly. Then, he should be given penalty trainings. Twice, he has been sent the wrong way because of his hasty dives. Enyeama had this problem early in his career but he soon learnt to manage it. There is nothing bad in going the wrong way but that is not the issue. The issue is that Uzoho just dives.

I repeat that this is Nigeria's chance to record a first World Cup victory over Argentina. All we need is the right frame of mind. We need to believe we can do it. Iceland held them and Croatia beat them. Now, they are angry and desperate to qualify. They will definitely make more mistakes than usual and the Eagles must be conscious enough to watch for mistakes and punish them.

For choice of players, Ebuehi should start as he is more adventurous and yet dependable in the back than Idowu. Omerue is very solid and his presence allowed Balogun venture forward. Balogun is a potential scorer of cornerkicks for us. One day, he will bury a header. Might even be against Argentina on Tuesday. There should be no space for Ighalo.
You nailed this. I am impressed.

I think the first 15 minutes will be very key. The first goal should be to hold them down to 0 - 0 by the time the 20 minute mark is reached.

By then, Argentina will stay gettting frustrated and the nerves of the Eagles will calm down a notch. Then maybe we can take advantage.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by 3RNEST(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
2bad Some people don't believe in their country...Nigeria will always be great, cuz we are great...#GoSuperEagles

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by introvertedsoul: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Smarkie: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
super eagles will get the job done

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Viking007(m): 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
doctokwus:

That's exactly why I am so scared and tensed.
It wouldn't even hurt me if Iceland qualifies,by defeating Croatia but for reasons I just don't get,I have never liked any Argentina team and never have liked them doing well in football competitions;probably because unlike all South American countries in particular,and even some core European countries,they are the only one that have never had a black team player.
So seeing this their poor,ultrawhite team,qualifying at our expense,after our wonderful match against Iceland,and even at the expense of a likeable Iceland,after we deprived them by our defeating them, would be too much pain,that would take a long time to recover from.
You just wrote exactly how I feel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Shuhadah: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Viking007:
Yo
[color=#990000][/color]Nigeria are yet to play their last game but diffinately we don't know what will happen in next speed of the game, nigeria've to win the match against argentina so that they emotional moved to the last game. This opinion is a mini "time traveller". Keep save 9ja!

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by FuckFuckBoy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
The first half will be very critical. I've noticed that Nigeria perform badly in the first half of matches but pick up in the second half and by then the damage might have been done. I hope they show composure in the match most especially the first half.

Even if we don't manage to get a result against them, i hope Iceland make it through.

Even if Argentina manage to make it through, chances are that they'll run into France who'll finish the job cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by haryomikun(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Cutting supplies to Messi will not work as Messi does not rely on supplies. He always goes deep to collect the ball himself.

My advise is that the Eagles play with serious consciousness. They should ensure to close all gaps.

This match should be the easiest for us if our players go in with the right mindset. The mindset that Argentina is beatable. Argentina are under the pressure to survive so they are very likely to hit the ground running from the blast of the whistle. The Eagles must have the game plan to frustrate as well as make quick breaks.

Everyone must be involved in play, even Uzoho. Uzoho must understand that modern football has evolved to include goalkeepers in play creation. He should kick the ball with purpose. Enough of shooting aimlessly. Then, he should be given penalty trainings. Twice, he has been sent the wrong way because of his hasty dives. Enyeama had this problem early in his career but he soon learnt to manage it. There is nothing bad in going the wrong way but that is not the issue. The issue is that Uzoho just dives.

I repeat that this is Nigeria's chance to record a first World Cup victory over Argentina. All we need is the right frame of mind. We need to believe we can do it. Iceland held them and Croatia beat them. Now, they are angry and desperate to qualify. They will definitely make more mistakes than usual and the Eagles must be conscious enough to watch for mistakes and punish them.

For choice of players, Ebuehi should start as he is more adventurous and yet dependable in the back than Idowu. Omerue is very solid and his presence allowed Balogun venture forward. Balogun is a potential scorer of cornerkicks for us. One day, he will bury a header. Might even be against Argentina on Tuesday. There should be no space for Ighalo.

You're damn smart!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Viking007(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

[img]https://i./8Lyh.gif[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Seun360:

If you want to bring God into this

remember the pope is from Argentina.

so, leave Baba God out of it.
Where was the Pope when Croatia wire Argentina 3-0?
Abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by pascal1993(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
The coach should use same formation 3-5-2 and same players that started the game but ebuehi should replace idowu in that starting lineup coz i think with is pace and energy he will mark messi in that match.mikel ( if he plays or not due to injury he should be replace by ogu ) and indidi should not go too forward to cover for the defence. I believe etebo will be our star man that day. NGN 1 ARG 0.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Seun360(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
NiyiRocks:
Where was the Pope when Croatia wire Argentina 3-0? Abeg!
Ok now, we shall see on tuesday evening.
Na Uzoho wey i dey pity.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by femicyrus(m): 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Messi will not score a single goal in this world cup for his role in denying Israel a friendly match with Argentina before world cup.
Exodus 4 : 22. Then you will tell him, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son. 23.I commanded you, “Let my son go, so he can worship me.” But since you have refused, I will now kill your firstborn son
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Emekus92(m): 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
femicyrus:
Messi will not score a single goal in this world cup for his role in denying Israel a friendly match with Argentina before world cup.
Exodus 4 : 22. Then you will tell him, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son. 23.I commanded you, “Let my son go, so he can worship me.” But since you have refused, I will now kill your firstborn son
what are you saying
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by femicyrus(m): 3:58am On Jun 25, 2018
Emekus92:

what are you saying
God himself is angry with messi. therefore killing the star of messi in this world cup for Argentina's refusal to play a friendly match against Israel because messi was against playing the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 by Emekus92(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2018
femicyrus:
God himself is angry with messi. therefore killing the star of messi in this world cup for Argentina's refusal to play a friendly match against Israel because messi was against playing the match.
and what's God part in football? y hv the so called God country not qualified for the world cup since 1970?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (133) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.