Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize (5386 Views)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap' / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nnedi Okorafor, Nominated For Nobel Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by resurgent2019: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2018
Luukasz:

And I also don't envy your inferiority complex... Yeebos always feeling inferior to the yorubas grin

Please, be happy for the winner. It’s too early to engage in tribalism.

O saaa ro ooo
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by BAILMONEY: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Don’t mind that simpleton. I don’t know why he had to lie that he is yoruba.

We all know he is igbo.
ARE YOU AVOIDING MY QUESTION RESURGENTXTIAN4grin
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by resurgent2019: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2018
BAILMONEY:
ARE YOU AVOIDING MY QUESTION RESURGENTXTIAN4grin

What is the question?
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by BAILMONEY: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

What is the question?
DO YOU REMEMBER THIS SAYING "JOIN THEM IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM" grin
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by dominique(f): 7:54am On Jun 14, 2018
Mcking11:
Wow! We have great Yoruba writers too taking the bull by the horn. Teju Cole, Tope Folarin and host of others.

Let's give honours to whom it is due, though we have good Yoruba authors, Igbos are the champions when it comes to fiction writing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by guccitype(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
Congratulations to you Nwanyi Oma. Ada Igbo.Ya gazie

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2018
Bhet, why do prolific writers always look funny?
Am I the only one who thinks this way?
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by salt1: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2018
Luukasz:

Yet none of them have won the Nobel Leaurate

You're right.
Nobel Prize is for Peace, not for craft.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by MrI2015(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2018
salt1:
Looks like some gifts are genetic.
Yorubas are making waves in entertainment industry especially Music. Igbos are good at storytelling via literature and Nollywood.
We have so much talent in Nigeria

God bless you.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by nwarosa: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
Watch the trailer of the adaptation of Nnedi Okorafor's Hello Moto

https://www.nairaland.com/4482504/trailer-hello-rain-adaptation-nnedi
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Lilmama02(f): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2018
Unno if all tribes should be able to appreciate d other tribe just like u did, ah swear dere wee be peace in dis country.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Lilmama02(f): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2018
U sure??
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Lilmama02(f): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
Gbaammm!!! cool cool cool
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Lilmama02(f): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ha!!! I wonder ooh!
cry cry cry
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Lilmama02(f): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Y is ur life like this...
Pls say no to TRIBALISM...
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
meobizy:
Look at our Nigerian writers steady getting appreciated in countries where reading is a culture. I shudder to think of what would have happened to her and Chimamanda if they never ventured out of their country of origin.
What is the difference between you and a jihadist.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by meobizy(f): 12:41am On Jun 16, 2018
ndiuel:
[s]What is the difference between you and a jihadist.[/s]
Senseless comment bereft of a context.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize by meobizy(f): 2:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Random fact: Reading is not African culture. Documented sources state Africans pass knowledge down generations through songs and story telling. Hence the many stories of Oduduwa climbing down from heaven and similar tripe. The only Africans with a traceable past are Egyptians who created heiroglyphics which aren't words but drawings describing events.

Do you know what this means? It means you're going against your culture being on nairaland. It means you're going against your culture reading the whiteman's books. It means you're going against African culture spreading useless lies on Whatsapp, BBM and Facebook.

Let this declaration seep in when next you claim homosexuality is not African culture or the useless 'fact' that African culture is not due for change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Darkest Shade Of Blue / The Sugar Mum (Revised Edition) / Intellectual Property Removed On Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.