Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Darkest Shade Of Blue - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Darkest Shade Of Blue (5313 Views)

The Darkest Night / Dark Shade Of Pink / In My Darkest Hour, A Story That Depict What Will Hapen In The Darkest Hour.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Note: I'm writing this straight from my head so kindly ignore typographical errors. This is my first time writing publicly, so constructive criticism is needed and highly needed. Thanks
************************************* Sarah stirred and woke up. She looked at her bedside clock. Seven a.m. She had a tight ball of dread in her stomach and she wondered why. After several minutes of wondering,it came to her. That day was her post utme exam. She got up quick as a flash, had her bath, brushed her teeth and dressed. She looked at herself in her full length mirror and sighed. Her long skirt and gray blouse did nothing to help her already plain figure. She looked at her face and sighed again. And plain face. Shrugging, she left her room and headed downstairs to the dining room. Her parents were already seated at the table, but her twin sister, Jennifer was no were to be found. Not that she was surprised, Jennifer never got up before ten unless she absolutely had to.
'Good morning papa, good morning mum'
Her father grunted in reply and her mother appeared not to notice. She started to fix herself a plate when her father said, 'sarah, pour me a cup of tea, would you?' She got the tea pot and started pouring into his cup. Nervousness made her hand tremble and she spilled tea on the table. Her father was enraged. 'Really? You can't even serve tea properly? What on earth are you good for? The only thing you're good at is passing exams. Thank God for that or you'd have been useless!' Sarah heard sniggering behind her. She turned nd saw Jennifer. Her twin looked good as usual. And she was laughing maliciously. Sarah turned away and started to clean the mess she made. Her mother said, 'darling, you look gorgeous' her father said, 'just like the princess you are' Jennifer smiled, soaking up their approval. Sarah got her breakfast and started to eat. Jennifer frowned at her and said, 'sarah, won't you say anything?' when Sarah didn't reply she said, 'if course I'd understand if you didn't, seeing how you're dressed. That is one ridiculously ugly skirt' Sarah looked up and said, 'spell ridiculous' Jennifer gave her a scathing look and ignored her.
. their father grunted, stood up and said, 'i will take you girls to your exam centre then you can find your way home'
their mum said, 'im coming with you.'
when they got to the centre, their parents wished Jennifer good luck. After waiting a moment m, Sarah asked, 'what about me?' their mum replied sharply, 'oh don't be such a baby! You're already so smart, you'll definitely do well. Poor jenny needs our well wishes not you. She even needs your well wishes too.' Sarah sighed and got down from the car. Is it a sin to be smart? She wondered. All her smartness did was make her parents ignore her and take her father granted
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
Two weeks later they got the result of their post utme. Sarah showed their parents her result and her father said, '89%?! What happened to the remaining eleven? You keep saying you're smart but look what you scored!' Sarah said, 'but papa, the cut off for my course is 51!' her father thundered,'so? You...' he was interrupted by a loud wail. Jennifer rushed down the stairs, phone in hand and a crazed expression on her face.
'Papa, I just got an email with my result. It says I got 23%!'
. 'Ehn?! Twenty kini?!'
. Twenty three, papa!'
. 'over what?'
. 'hundred.'
their father scowled and said to Sarah, 'grt to your room. We'll talk later.'
as Sarah went to her room, she wondered why her parents didn't care about her, but doted on Jennifer. She sighed. Jennifer was so pretty, and she was well, not pretty, she decided as she looked st herself in the mirror. I'm fat and ugly and worthless and useless and no good, she told herself. Even my own parents find it hard to love me. The tears that had been trickling down her face began to fall in full force. She opened a drawer on her bedside table and pulled out a packet of blades. She whispered to herself, 'This time I'm not ok. I just need something to get me through today. Just this once, I promise' She pulled out a razor blade and pressed in to her arm and began to cut flesh. Her head spun. The pain she felt became double. She cried harder. She cut deeper.
two weeks later their father called them both. He said, 'You'll both be leaving for school in a week.'
Sarah was perplexed, 'Both? But Jenny didn't pass her exam.'
Jennifer said, 'It's Jennifer to you. And it's none of your business'
Sarah retorted, 'jenny means a female donkey'
Their father said, 'Enough! Get yourself prepared. That's all.'
Sarah sighed. She was leaving this horrible house behind and that was all that mattered to her
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Guys I need your support and criticism. Na beg no be shakara
Cc obinnau KingTom INTROVERT Lady F tosynetoomuch jenimna divepen1
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
:::Make ah siddon here:::
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Divepen1(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2015
Phew.. Good to go
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Angelina996(f): 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Good write up, good tori! Oya now...leggo. Shey na because pipu wey u call neva show face, na im make u no wan kontinu again? Biko, me a dey enjoy am wela o, so come continue abeg!
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Sombody dey call una for this place o.
Cc: obinnau KingTom INTROVERT LadyF tosynetoomuch jenimna divepen1
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by pami90(m): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
gud so far..... nice write up i dey enjoy d tori wif my popcorn....... grin
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by feyilag(f): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
gud so far,kip it up& pls make d updates regular.tnx
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Now the twins were undergraduates in the university. But the way Jennifer acted towards Sarah, nobody would have known they were related. It was three weeks into their first semester when Sarah met Tunde. She was on her way to the library when she tripped and dropped all the books she was carrying. She bent and started picking them up when she heard a masculine voice say,'May I help you with that?' She looked up and saw a guy. A very cute guy. As she craned her neck to get a better look at him, she lost her balance and fell backwards. Burning with embarrassment, she quickly scrambled to her feet. To her dismay, she realized her skirt had torn a little at the edge. 'Hi I'm Tunde' the guy said. 'Sarah' she breathed and stretched out her hand for a handshake, noticing too late that it was grubby. She snatched her hand back, cursing her luck for making her look disheveled just when the cutest guy she had ever seen was passing by. He smiled and said, 'Just wanted to help. Well, I'll be seeing you around' he smiled, hooked his fingers in his pockets and turned around.
. It had been a week since she met Tunde. Sarah was seated under a tree, supposedly reading but in truth, she was actually drooling Tunde's name. She felt a tap on her shoulder and was knocked out of her reverie. It was Aisha, her friend. Hey babe. Watcha doing?' Sarah replied, 'Reading.' Ai laughed and plucked the piece of paper from Sarah's lap. 'Ok. Lemme understand something. Where you come from, drooling Tunde in about thirty different writings is considered reading?' Sarah snatched the paper from Ai and said, 'Im just practicing how to be artistic. You know letting out my inner artist.' Ai laughed and said, 'Gimme a break sister. You have no inner artist. You can't even draw to save your own life. I'm going to grab something to hold my belly before I faint from hunger. And with the people I'm seeing around here, all they will do is fetch water and pour on you. Cold go come dey catch pesin on top hunger.' Sarah smiled. She had tried to learn to speak pidgin but her attempts were so bad that everyone begged her to stop. She stood and immediately felt her legs begin to ache. She cursed the devil that made her wear heels. Ai noticed her staggering and said, That's what you get for wearing heels to class. Shakara no be by force.' Sarah raised her hand to hit Ai playfully when her legs gave way under her and she felt herself begin to fall. She was about hitting the ground when she felt a strong pair of hands catch her. That familiar scent. 'Well, what do we have here? Seems to me you're making a habit of falling whenever im around' That familiar voice. The voices in her head screamed in joy, each one echoing the last. Tunde! They all cried. She looked up at him, opening her mouth to thank him, then froze when she saw the way he was looking at her. His face was close to hers and she could feel his breath on her face. It smelled sticky and sweet. Like chocolate. He brought his face closer. He's gonna kiss me, she thought to herself. She closed her eyes, expecting to feel his lips on hers. Instead, she heard someone calling her name. At first she ignored it, thinking it was her subconscious. But the voice grew louder, until she finally opened her eyes. It was Jennifer. Oh, just Jennifer, she thought then closed her eyes. Jennifer! She thought again. At this second thought her eyes flew open. Jennifer! Beautiful, lovely Jennifer. She wad now standing before Sarah, looking beautiful as always, beautiful Jennifer who would never trip on heels. Beautiful Jennifer who was now giving Tunde the once over, obviously liking what she saw. Sarah looked at Tunde and saw that he wasn't exactly disapproving of the way Jennifer was eyeing him, as he was eyeing her right back. And there goes my almost romance, she thought sadly. Trust Jennifer to ruin everything
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by KingTom(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
TOmmyJidex:
Sombody dey call una for this place o.

Cc: obinnau
KingTom
INTROVERT
LadyF
tosynetoomuch
jenimna
divepen1
Following. cool
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Twaci(f): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2015
This is a nice piece!
why did you stop na? cry cry Pls continue, abeg!
Hope Jenny no steal Tunde oh angry
Please continue.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nice story.

Jenny the baddy
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
You are good, ma'am. A tad more furbishing and whoosh, you are ascending heaven's stairs.
You could help read mine too.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mzespoir, will you, benign, come continue? Please!
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
Twaci, KingTom, and other weyreys. They know themselves.
************************************* Sarah vaguely heard the pastor ask the congregation to rise and say the grace. She was deep in thought. She wondered why she even bothered to attend church. She didn't gain anything. Her heart hurt too much for her to focus on anything. She kept seeing the way Jennifer looking at tunde in her head. She sighed as the pastor ended the service. She picked her bag and left the church. She tried hard to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. She was almost at her hostel when someone blocked her way. She looked up, half hoping to see Tunde, but it wasn't him. The guy was cute. He smiled at her and she noticed his dimple in his left cheek. 'Hi. I'm Chris.' He was cuter than Tunde. But she was in no mood to make acquaintance. Out of politeness, she said 'Sarah. How may I help you?' He replied, 'Ive been seeing you around and I'd like to get to know you better. If you don't mind that is.' she said, 'Ok.'
. 'so may I have your pin?'
. 'most guys ask for numbers. Why are you different?'
. 'Your number is private. You can give it to me when we know each other better.'
she smiled and said, 'Have my number.'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sorry for the short update. More to come soon. Thanks. Y'all are appreciated

1 Like

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Twaci(f): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
sad But e short na. Tis alright....nice update. Keep going dear.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Can i follow?
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2015
debdave:
Can i follow?
sure you can
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2015
MzEspoir:
sure you can
Aiit....#following#
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Twaci(f): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mzespoirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Give us UPDATE!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

1 Like

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2015
Nice story, will surely keep reading.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by m003: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
i don port oooo grin
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by DandyPearl(f): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
shocked I'm awed by this.....

Iyaff land gbem inside this tory parlor. Abeg. Do we ave anybody wey reserve seat for here? Cos I come inside the tory parlor with popcorn and my ijoko.

This food(update) wey you cook no reach me but half a loaf is better than none.

More grease to your elbow#WaitingImpatientlyThough#
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by DandyPearl(f): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
cry still waiting for more updates please?.....

Still Following also
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Twaci(f): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
Mzespoir sad sad
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by ayorinbolableszy(f): 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
pls update nd more strenght 2 ur elbow
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Missmossy(f): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nice one cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by D9ty7(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
Good story save for some errors here and there as a result of not proof reading after typing. Even though by the time I got to the subsequent posts, it has reduced and I know by the time you draw the curtain on this piece, it will be error free.
Keep the good work going, #following.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by blackmarya(f): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2015
happy independence oh more update to celebrate pls
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by sylvar02(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
I don land here too grin wey d remaining na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Book Impacted You The Most? / The Other Side Of Love / Funny Street Life Quotes! (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.