Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Life Taught Me By Ivie Osadolor [ep.1] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Taught Me By Ivie Osadolor [ep.1] (339 Views)

S*x As She Taught Me…..(18+)…..part 1 Completed Story. / Life Of A Ghetto Boy (a Short Story By Osakpamwan Osadolor) / INTIMIDATION (a Short Story) By Osakpamwan Osadolor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Taught Me By Ivie Osadolor [ep.1] by mantosa(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Life taught me.

My alarm goes off every morning at 5:25am…
At the grilling sound of my dainty clock, I roll over in my bed to the ardent voice of Toke Makinwa on the radio.

Jesus.

I will never get used to this. I almost want to laugh out loud.

Then life kicks in.

I am a 24-year-old young lady. Single. Living In Victoria Island, Lagos with bills longer than Nicki Minaj’s inches.

But I am still living because… what is life?
I pick up my phone and I look at the home screen…
WhatsApp messages
Instagram notifications
Text messages from GLO asking me to renew my monthly data or it will expire (this one annoys me)
Daily bible verse. I click on this one…

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart… lean not on your own understanding… in all your ways acknowledge God and his word and he will make your path straight’

Okurrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!

I immediately jump out of my bed with a new zeal, I have been unemployed for 2months now after quitting my last slave trade job, I was working with a well-known multinational, I had a good salary, it was steady, I attended the best cocktails, took part in top notch training programmes, I had HMO that was good, and I paid my taxes (no Foxy brown here) life was ok.

Then my MD wanted to get some of my juice, constantly badgering me for sexual favours… long story short it ended in me reporting him to immigration and me losing my job in the process with a ‘good settlement’

Hello Sex and the city.

Well sex in this case is relative because I haven’t been drilled in 6months and counting.

Sigh.

Anyway, it’s a new day and I have a job interview… the final stage if I might add with the HR and its to discuss salary and the whole package.

I head to my bathroom to wash up as I quickly turn on my JBL speakers to the soothing voice of Taya Smith, (Hillsongs United) she is everything and she just got married to the Love of her life and the ceremony was Arghhhhh!

Beautiful!

No, I did not attend. Who am I to know Taya Smith?!

I scoff at my reflection in the mirror. As I notice the persistent zit on the left side of my face has reduced and for some weird reason my skin is glowing, I take off my bonnet and my natural hair is puffier and shinier than usual.

What is going on here?

CATEGORIES
ARTICLES
Life Taught Me by Ivie Osadolor [Ep.1]
Featured Writer
FEATURED WRITER
JUNE 13, 2018 | 8 | 0 | IVIE OSADOLOR, LIFE TAUGHT ME
Life taught me.

My alarm goes off every morning at 5:25am…
At the grilling sound of my dainty clock, I roll over in my bed to the ardent voice of Toke Makinwa on the radio.

Jesus.

I will never get used to this. I almost want to laugh out loud.

Then life kicks in.

I am a 24-year-old young lady. Single. Living In Victoria Island, Lagos with bills longer than Nicki Minaj’s inches.

But I am still living because… what is life?
I pick up my phone and I look at the home screen…
WhatsApp messages
Instagram notifications
Text messages from GLO asking me to renew my monthly data or it will expire (this one annoys me)
Daily bible verse. I click on this one…

Proverbs 3:5-6
‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart… lean not on your own understanding… in all your ways acknowledge God and his word and he will make your path straight’

Okurrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!

I immediately jump out of my bed with a new zeal, I have been unemployed for 2months now after quitting my last slave trade job, I was working with a well-known multinational, I had a good salary, it was steady, I attended the best cocktails, took part in top notch training programmes, I had HMO that was good, and I paid my taxes (no Foxy brown here) life was ok.

Then my MD wanted to get some of my juice, constantly badgering me for sexual favours… long story short it ended in me reporting him to immigration and me losing my job in the process with a ‘good settlement’

Hello Sex and the city.

Well sex in this case is relative because I haven’t been drilled in 6months and counting.

Sigh.

Anyway, it’s a new day and I have a job interview… the final stage if I might add with the HR and its to discuss salary and the whole package.

I head to my bathroom to wash up as I quickly turn on my JBL speakers to the soothing voice of Taya Smith, (Hillsongs United) she is everything and she just got married to the Love of her life and the ceremony was Arghhhhh!

Beautiful!

No, I did not attend. Who am I to know Taya Smith?!

I scoff at my reflection in the mirror. As I notice the persistent zit on the left side of my face has reduced and for some weird reason my skin is glowing, I take off my bonnet and my natural hair is puffier and shinier than usual.

What is going on here?

I immediately stick my ten fingers into my mass of hair and it feels so soft and nice.

Yikes!

Today is about to mark the beginning of great things, I walk into the room and pick up my phone, I open my WhatsApp interface, I quickly scroll to his name and I type a quick ‘Good morning’

I deliberate should I post a heart beside it or not?

I scroll up to read the tone of our last conversation last night, it was steamy, and he made me feel good, we didn’t argue.

So, I send ‘Good Morning’ with a purple heart because red hearts are regular af and we don’t do regular here.

I’m sure you’re wondering who HE is… lol. Well me too…

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/life-taught-ivie-osadolor-ep-1/

(1) (Reply)

A Poem - LIFE / Painful-pleasures-3.html / Welcome To A New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.