Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time (49599 Views)

Ghana Vs Uruguay: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (0 - 2) On 2nd December 2022 / Portugal Vs Uruguay: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (2 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by kenrisma535(m): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
This pig sha.The prediction dey work o. Abeg make naija no spoil am o.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
wayodude:

hahaha Nigeria did a lot of which playing? Bros abeg watch the match again or if no time just the highlights or if still no time check the stats or if still no time just trust what i say, on the balance of play France richly deserved to win and of course they did.

Nigeria outplayed France for the better part of the game. Even some the French players attested to it.

Stats is a different ball game. You can beat up possession by kicking the ball aimlessly around. The stats showed that France was more serious at getting the goals. I remember the match very vividly. Our players were so relaxed that there was even a time when Osaze kept on turning a player for almost a minute instead of putting Nigeria on the counter.

France came into the game in the later part of the second half.

This is not a matter of watching highlights on YouTube.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by BlackManta(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
The only way Egypt could have beaten Uruguay.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Edoblakky(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ajoboss:
2014 in brazil
The year is important. Thanks
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by wayodude(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

Nigeria outplayed France for the better part of the game. Even some the French players attested to it.

Stats is a different ball game. You can beat up possession by kicking the ball aimlessly around. The stats showed that France was more serious at getting the goals. I remember the match very vividly. Our players were so relaxed that there was even a time when Osaze kept on turning a player for almost a minute instead of putting Nigeria on the counter.

France came into the game in the later part of the second half.

This is not a matter of watching highlights on YouTube.

I totally disagree.
Apart from Emenike putting the ball in the net early doors from an offside position , how many dangerous attacks and chances did we create in the entire 90 mins?

At what point did France appear to be troubled at all in the game, remind me so i can fast forward to that part of the game.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by clems88(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ordinary 2 goals was a problem. For the two teams to score. angry just cut my 2 tickets for nothing . angry sad

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by okolet(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ramos will run mad las las after world cup cry
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by oloriLFC(f): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
kenrisma535:
Mehn that pig has awesome powers. . shocked Abeg let it work for our dear Naija against all our opponents as it predicted we will win the world cup grin
Awesome powers abi? Issokay! Una go still use dat pig do barbecue last last
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Checked86: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
pedrilo:
Egypt didn't deserve to lose this
African teams must learn the technicalities involved in football. It's not just abt phisicality
did Egypt play physical football? They played ball beyond eexpectation. just in football, goals count...nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by mvem(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
wayodude:

My guy na you type rubbish here o. Germany beat Algeria 2-1 AET in Brazil 2014.

In fact it was WEST GERMANY that lost to Algeria in 1982, not Germany wink
...Germany where divided b4 1989 as east and west Germany... But they are same thing because the WC west Germany won is still regarded as being won by Germany...they are same country....
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
Edoblakky:
Did you watch Spain '82? Or you can't read what I typed? The guy typed without stating the year and you rushed to quote me without stating the year and you think you made sense? Read again please

Oh, please.

When I mentioned the game, anyone would have known I was referring to 2014. You just didn't know and shouldn't have written that I was writing rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by isalegan2: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
spongeisback:
I just heard my heart break. cry

shocked shocked shocked sad sad undecided

I dey fear for Naija people tomorrow o!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by wayodude(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
mvem:
...Germany where divided b4 1989 as east and west Germany... But they are same thing because the WC west Germany won is still regarded as being won by Germany...they are same country....

True today the trophies won by West Germany are now added to the tally for Germany. This does not change the fact that West Germany competed in its own right in 1982 and it is they who lost to Algeria. THIS IS THE FACT AND THE ONLY FACT OF THE MATTER.

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Edoblakky(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
All the world cup outings of Egypt never go beyond group stage. This year that Sallah was very prepared, Ramos had his shoulder broken. What an irony.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
wayodude:

I totally disagree.
Apart from Emenike putting the ball in the net early doors from an offside position , how many dangerous attacks and chances did we create in the entire 90 mins?

At what point did France appear to be troubled at all in the game, remind me so i can fast forward to that part of the game.

That is my point. Against Czech, even when we went forward, we never seemed to trouble the Czech team.

It is the same thing Messi said. African teams do a lot of running around. This ought to be utilized as one of our strengths but it just never influences results especially against more experienced teams who prefer to wait wisely and take their chances.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Maket: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
BluntBoy:
I said this yesterday or so.

I said African teams have to take their chances.

Germany vs Algeria (Algeria did a lot of the playing, German won 2-1)

France vs Nigeria (Nigeria did a lot of the playing, France won 2-0).

We need to convert our chances.
God of football was on Uruguay side.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by spartan117(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
Edoblakky:
Did you watch Spain '82? Or you can't read what I typed? The guy typed without stating the year and you rushed to quote me without stating the year and you think you made sense? Read again please
Dude accept your error!
Go and sin no more grin

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by wayodude(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

That is my point. Against Czech, even when we went forward, we never seemed to trouble the French teams.

It is the same thing Messi said. African teams do a lot of running around. This ought to be utilized as one of our strengths but it just never influences results especially against more experienced team who prefer to wait wisely and take their chances.

Okay so how does that running around aimlessly translate to 'having the game under control'?
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Luis SUAREZ is confused.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by isalegan2: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Maket:

God of football was on Uruguay side.

Pele was rooting for Suarez? shocked
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Aystarz: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Asowari:
grin Egypt and Saudi Arabia will not make it out of their group stage grin

Egypt will, at the expense of Russia. It's not over for the Pharaohs.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2018
okolet:
Ramos will run mad las las after world cup cry
Ramos again.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2018
spartan117:

The Egyptians were more deceitful. Did you see all the tricks they tried to play, particularly in the first half. It was good that the referee did not buy it. The Uruguayans only paid them in kind when they got the lead.
But that doesn't change anything that South American players are full of deceits.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by wayodude(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
Edoblakky:

Give it up playa....deep down you know
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Walelavender(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
Egypt might be bidding the mundial a farewell soon. They had problem defending set pieces. Beating Russia in the next game would be an uphill task. The final third didn't do enough to convert their chances.

1st Golden rule of the world cup.

Ensure you do not lose your first match

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by spartan117(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

But that doesn't change anything that South American players are full of deceits.
True. I'll never forget Suarez vs Ghana, world cup quarter final 2010, I felt so angry.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by enemyofprogress: 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Since yesterday that they started the word cup, I have bean washing all the marches with my generator becurse NEPA always tooked light any time they want to start march, I want to count how many march I am going to use my generator to wash during this word cup
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by EweduAfonja(f): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
TamunoRichard:
I know what is wrong with him... him slip don enter

which slip..

guess he is a Carvani fan like he said...

he wants them to win
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by valnosky(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Talknochip:
Jeez!... Wat a Match!!! My Man of d Match is definitely the Egytian Keeper!... If egypt can beat russia or draw dem den beat saudi,den they will still make d second round... They really miss Mo sallah...
they won't make it if they draw russia...they need to win the remaining two matches, don't forget Russia already has a higher goal difference(+5 )and only two teams will progress to next round

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Emasel(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
Painful defeat for Egypt cry. They obviously missed Salah.
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by Emasel(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Since yesterday that they started the word cup, I have bean washing all the marches with my generator becurse NEPA always tooked light any time they want to start march, I want to count how many march I am going to use my generator to wash during this word cup

Obviously NEPA na enemy of progress, your moniker too funny cheesy
Re: Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
BlackManta:
The only way Egypt could have beaten Uruguay.

They would have lost with Salah in goal though and even in central defence... Lol

The Egyptian goalie had a good game and Salah in goal would not match that. Not even close....

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Congo (7 - 0): U-17 AFCON On Saturday 20 April 2013 / EPL: Arsenal Put Six Players Up For Sale [full List] / Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.