Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation (1520 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / Start A Rice Farm Today: The A-Z Of Rice Cultivation In Nigeria (DIY). / My New Cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello Nairaladers,
I reside in warri Delta state, and I have this passion for Agriculture.

My area of interest is cucumber, but I dont have the idea, I had to contact two different nairaladers on these forum, surprisingly, I was ask to pay twenty thousand naira for three days training by one Mr Israel while another guy (Jay Jay) said I should pay in eight thousand naira into his account before he can send me his eBook.

I know that knowledge is not acquired on a free mode, but I also believe that there are people that are ready to impact others with knowledge they've acquired, and as a result become a mentor to those that are ready to learn, that's the main reason for this write up.

Please I need somebody with vast knowledge of cucumber farming to help me or guild me on how to go about it.

I want to start it on a small scale size of 100X50 plot of land, also I will like to know if forty thousand naira capital can be enough to invest on it.

Thank you and God bless
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
NewDawnEra:
Hello Nairaladers,

My area of interest is cucumber, but I dont have the idea, I had to contact two different nairaladers on these forum, surprisingly, I was ask to pay twenty thousand naira for three days training by one Mr Israel while another guy (Jay Jay) said I should pay in eight thousand naira into his account before he can send me his eBook.

I know that knowledge is not acquired on a free mode, but I also believe that there are people that are ready to impact others with knowledge they've acquired, and as a result become a mentor to those that are ready to learn, that's the main reason for this write up.

Please I need somebody with vast knowledge of cucumber farming to help me or guild me on how to go about it.

I want to start it on a small scale size of 100X50 plot of land, also I will like to know if forty thousand naira capital can be enough to invest on it.

Thank you and God bless

11 views, no responds.

Still waiting
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by farmerwealth(m): 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Check my signature, i have a write up on it
NewDawnEra:

11 views, no responds.

Still waiting
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by FarmManager: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
whatsapp me on 07031114889 and let me help you FOC
NewDawnEra:
Hello Nairaladers,

Thank you and God bless
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2018
NewDawnEra:
Hello Nairaladers,

Thank you and God bless
there are so many thread on this forum that u can easily follow ND achieve a good result...search for jephito, jasper, so many people. however it will be good to go for training tor but if u r someone that can easily read to understand and ready to put in the effort in trying it out those thread will be good. then fluentifor, ishaqteejay

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Olaleyeabdullah:
there are so many thread on this forum that u can easily follow ND achieve a good result...search for jephito, jasper, so many people. however it will be good to go for training tor but if u r someone that can easily read to understand and ready to put in the effort in trying it out those thread will be good. then fluentifor, ishaqteejay

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
FarmManager:
whatsapp me on 07031114889 and let me help you FOC
Thank you boss
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
farmerwealth:
Check my signature, i have a write up on it

Thank you boss
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by bakinnola79(m): 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
I would advise you go for training cos as cucumber as a lot of technicalities that need to be follow. Try and contact taiagro.com for proper advice on cucumber!
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
NewDawnEra:
Hello Nairaladers,

My area of interest is cucumber, but I dont have the idea, [s]I had to contact two different nairaladers on these forum, surprisingly, I was ask to pay twenty thousand naira for three days training by one Mr Israel while another guy (Jay Jay) said I should pay in eight thousand naira into his account before he can send me his eBook.[/s]

Thank you and God bless

Very wrong approach to start mentioning names of people you talk to privately on a public forum.

Anyway, you need a good water source and irrigation kit for cucumber farming. If you are 100% sure of getting rain every 2 days for 2.5 months to 3 months, skip this. Lol. I bet you can't get it even during rainy season. So, make sure you install irrigation because you need to irrigate daily. Cucumber needs water. Else, you are on your way to loss.

You should have around 1,600 to 2,500 plant population on your plot of land. You need around 80 grams of seed if seeds germination rate is 90% and you aim at 2,500 plant population for most hybrid seeds. Some new varieties will be around 50 grams or less. Im sure you will spend minimum of N15k.

Better to buy bags of fertilizers...a bag of npk and a bag of urea. Then, you need to get calcium and magnesium based fertilizers with micro nutrients foliar fertilizer.

If you want good harvest, you should get your spraying program intact. Get quality fungicides and pesticides of different brands. Fungicides are expensive.

Honestly, you cannot use N40,000k. I suggest you make research based on what I have written above. Reach out to sellers. Get the costs of all you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/4422247/using-micro-scale-agricultural-systems#66218273
Check this thread, and learn how to become an entrepreneur before you become a farmer.

Make thorough research. Go through my posts and you might learn some lessons which will help you. Approach a winner and not just take advice from every Jack and Jerry.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by NewDawnEra: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2018
fluentinfor:

Very wrong approach to start mentioning names of people you talk to privately on a public forum.

Anyway, you need a good water source and irrigation kit for cucumber farming. If you are 100% sure of getting rain every 2 days for 2.5 months to 3 months, skip this. Lol. I bet you can't get it even during rainy season. So, make sure you install irrigation because you need to irrigate daily. Cucumber needs water. Else, you are on your way to loss.

You should have around 1,600 to 2,500 plant population on your plot of land. You need around 80 grams of seed if seeds germination rate is 90% and you aim at 2,500 plant population for most hybrid seeds. Some new varieties will be around 50 grams or less. Im sure you will spend minimum of N15k.

Better to buy bags of fertilizers...a bag of npk and a bag of urea. Then, you need to get calcium and magnesium based fertilizers with micro nutrients foliar fertilizer.

If you want good harvest, you should get your spraying program intact. Get quality fungicides and pesticides of different brands. Fungicides are expensive.

Honestly, you cannot use N40,000k. I suggest you make research based on what I have written above. Reach out to sellers. Get the costs of all you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/4422247/using-micro-scale-agricultural-systems#66218273
Check this thread, and learn how to become an entrepreneur before you become a farmer.

Make thorough research. Go through my posts and you might learn some lessons which will help you. Approach a winner and not just take advice from every Jack and Jerry.

Best of luck.

Thanks bro.
I appreciate your effort.
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by kripen(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2018
Other people are learning. can i plant cucumber during this raining season
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2018
kripen:
Other people are learning. can i plant cucumber during this raining season

You cannot learn by just reading cucumber threads on nairaland. But if you are smart, you can get it right without visiting any farm.

It is the worst and the best time to do it.

Why the worst? Rain spoils it. It causes fungi infection, and 90% farmers don't do it during rainy season. Northen farmers dorminate market all through dry season. Therefore, you must use the best seeds, quality agro chemical (forget organic farming during rainy season if you do not want to cry, except under greenhouse), avoid weeding, etc..

Why the best? Selling price is like four to five times higher during rainy season.

Cucumber and Tomato. Both can make you extremely rich. And can frustrate you to a point you hate the word "farming".
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by kripen(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks fluentinfor for the response. Please what is the best variety to use during this raining season.
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2018
kripen:
Thanks fluentinfor for the response. Please what is the best variety to use during this raining season.

Any variety which can fight mildews excellently.
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by aquila3: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
fluentinfor:

Any variety which can fight mildews excellently.
pls i need ur answer on this quetion.what could cause the stalk holding tomato flower to break, i noticed it during dry season likewise this raining period.thanks
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
aquila3:
pls i need ur answer on this quetion.what could cause the stalk holding tomato flower to break, i noticed it during dry season likewise this raining period.thanks
Blossom drop. Main cause: Stress.
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by aquila3: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
fluentinfor:
Blossom drop. Main cause: Stress.
Thanks God bless u sir
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by jethro2: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
NewDawnEra:
Hello Nairaladers,

Thank you and God bless

Will you be giving out the cucumber out for free when you produce it?

Sure the answer is no

But you expect someone to put you through the process of planting for free??

To be frank with you, there is no amount of internet reading or suggestions that will give you a break through in cucumber.

You will just be wasting your fund and your time

Not just cucumber, but in every farming business

I will suggest you go learn from a practising practical farmer.

Pay your dues and get the work done

Quote me anywhere

And my word will keep ringing in your head after you must have gamble with the little fund you have if you don't go an acquire practical knowledge

Why did you think people run into farm and rushed back?

Because they fail to plan

You can't avoid practical paying experience for you to be successful in farming business.

He who has ears let him hear
Re: Please, I Need Help On Cucumber Cultivation by olaitandavid(m): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
This is a field technician from EAST WEST SEED.. We sell hybrid seed of different varieties of vegetables and we also do follow up.our seed because your yield is our joy... You can contact me on 08166602206

(1) (Reply)

Help! Young Turkey With Fractured Fermor / How To Generate Cooking Gas Using A Blender, Container And House Wastes. / Owning An Egg Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.