Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time (96084 Views)

Musa! Man Of The Match - Nigerian Vs Iceland (World Cup 2018) / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by LeoFish92(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Negroe
Stop being a hypocrite

If Messi scored a hat trick and Ronaldo missed a penalty and ended up scoreless, irrespective of the opposition, I'm sure we won't see this useless epistle from you. It is your type who will tell us how Messi is the GOAT without an international title.

It must be pretty hard seeing Messi sleepwalk through another drab performance in the World Cup so you must become professorial to explain why Messi can't beat a part time film maker from 12yards; as if Messi hasn't had a history of blowing opportunities at international level.

You asked me to remind you how many goalsRonaldo scored against Iceland. At least he willed his team to win that Tournament and he didn't miss from 12yards.

Messi couldn't even hit target from three free kicks. Ronaldo scored to bring his team level against the best keeper in the world.

Stop being butt hurt and hopeMessi is inspired to play well against Croatia instead of this sad platter of excuses you are serving here.

Ronaldo showed you how it's done and Messi went on ghost mode. Simples.
If you can't accept it, tough luck.

It's a pity I don't argue football again (or any sort of argument whatsoever) , otherwise both of us would have locked horns with facts and figures....

Enjoy your day.....
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Timoleon(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
xtremeTall:
I don dieeee
Accept my condolences
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by sirchim(m): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
blackaxe78:

Argue with statistics and records
I wl believe it, only when it comes from the LEGEND'S I stated above, nt U. Am only telling U who LEGEND'S, that strtd the game n has broken different records, before the existence, of MESSI n CR7, were even born, chose to be the best, amng the two. So no need going to the net, because, LEGEND'S all knw, who the complete player is. U cn as well argue wt them, then I wl ask U, what r ur achievements, in the world of soccer. "If there is any current god of Soccer, his name is ME$$I." ETO'O
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by CriticMaestro: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
blaise26abj:

The truth is remove him from Barca and Messi becomes a bit ineffective. He is a great team player and if his team isn’t playing well he doesn’t too. Unlike Ronaldo who can be the tree in a forest irrespective of how his team plays
Short term memory
Let me refresh it for you
He scored three solid goals in their final game that brought them to the world cup

He carried them single handedly to the final in brazil

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by XingXhang(m): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
mikron:
icardi is not in the Argentine team. Be guided

That I know. It doesn't exclude him from the Argentine team.

The coach just didn't choose him.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Bianda24: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
My 100,000naira has entered voicemail. I staked 100k on Argentina to win with 1.37 odd on bet9ja, Messi and Aguero bleeped up. Na wa o
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by blaise26abj(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Short term memory
Let me refresh it for you
He scored three solid goals in their final game that brought them to the world cup

He carried them single handedly to the final in brazil

Mr long term memory. If he likes he should carry them to the competition final, if they don’t win he would have failed. Has he won any major competition with his country? Abeggy
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by blackaxe78: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
sirchim:
I wl believe it, only when it comes from the LEGEND'S I stated above, nt U. Am only telling U who LEGEND'S, that strtd the game n has broken different records, before the existence, of MESSI n CR7, were even born, chose to be the best, amng the two. So no need going to the net, because, LEGEND'S all knw, who the complete player is. U cn as well argue wt them, then I wl ask U, what r ur achievements, in the world of soccer. "If there is any current god of Soccer, his name is ME$$I." ETO'O

You believe old legends over statistics?

Sigh...
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by eluquenson(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
In 2016, Iceland tied Portugal, 1-1. Ronaldo took 10 shots, no goals.

In 2018, Iceland tied Argentina, 1-1. Messi took 11 shots, no goals.

Iceland vs. Ronaldo and Messi: 21 shots conceded, no goals.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by sirchim(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

dont mind them. They are acting as if penaldo doesnt miss penalties
Is good to analyse football wtout sentiments.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by israelboy1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Emisco1:
and you till tip Germany winning the world cup

Mrs friendly

Hope we watched same match
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by israelboy1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
safarigirl:
friendly matches have never meant a thing. Only a mumu uses friendly matches to judge tournament competitions

Morocco did not lose one friendly match coming to the WC, they were undefeated in two years, but what happened yesterday?

Dey there, you no know say assignment and exam no be same thing

He that does the assignment himself gat no worry for the exam

I sha hope we watched same match
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by DateMynd44(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
INFOBIZ3:

Why will you wish Nigeria bad luck. At least, Be hopeful
hopeful ke. How market?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
blaise26abj:

Mr long term memory. If he likes he should carry them to the competition final, if they don’t win he would have failed. Has he won any major competition with his country? Abeggy

Yes euros 2016

What has messi won?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by DateMynd44(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Horlaboy51:

We go hear am tonight. Croatia 5:0 Nigeria
lol Nigeria is at the receiving end
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Jeferious: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
I doubt if every one who comments here watched the Argentina-Iceland game. Messi's low point in that game was only that missed penalty, and one or two times when he was harried and dispossessed. Other than that, he absolutely dominated the game. Anytime he had the ball, there was always that sense of expectancy. Every other player kicked the ball for kicking sake(if you can look beyond the two goals scored).

Anyone who have ever played a competitive match/tournament before knows that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to see 1 player out of the normal 22 that can participate in a football game, dominate regularly and with ease. Iceland as a whole had to pack the bus in order for him not to cause damage, and while they succeeded at that, Messi still had a decent display(minus the missed pk). He was the one pulling the playmaking strings, as well as the one skipping challenges and firing at the Icelandic goal.

Goals are important, that is sure. But then that is not the only facet of football. It is this understanding that makes Messi the consummate attacker. Of course his stats in every attacking department in La Liga speaks for itself. It is also what makes Messi, in my opinion, better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo's goals are what makes him feared and relevant. On his off days when he doesn't score, check his contribution- he would be totally anonymous. The Champions League final is a good example of such days. Meanwhile, goals or no goal, Messi can never be anonymous. His impact must be felt.

In conclusion, that Messi missed a penalty still doesn't make Ronaldo better than him. You can't compare a goal-poacher with an all-round dictatorial attacker.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by wildkat: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Humchi:

you think iceland can be a walk over

It is the same iceland that c.ronaldo couldn't score against in 2016.. Iceland end up drawing portugal

The same iceland that defeat england..

Bro, think up....

Cr7 goals against spain was due to de gea bad performance...
Two avoided goals.. Passed him..

So even the thunderous free kick was a bad performance from De Gea. My guy hatred has washed off your brain matter.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol.
This dense thing filling up my mentions.

You no get sense walahi.

Go and check the meaning of the word "perspective" then apply it to why I brought in Müeller

You are beyond daft. Let me guess. A product of handout education.

WFT is handout education?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by wildkat: 12:04am On Jun 17, 2018
To all those saying Ronaldo likes penalty, what about the one Messi missed. That means taking a successful penalty is also a dire skill. Messi should just go and take lessons from CR7. That guy is just an enigma.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Diamondville(f): 12:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Vivipop:
Goal!!!!!
No team has come to this world cup to play ooo
Except Nigeria.. We went to Russia for fashion parade
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by blaise26abj(m): 12:18am On Jun 17, 2018
maynia:

Yes euros 2016

What has messi won?

Oga I was talking about Messi
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Truthsbitter: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2018
Daeylar:
Is messi the only striker?

Iceland is not ready to allow him do anything,
Is there no else that can try to score?
you dey get hope for person wey no fit score against only keeper?

aguero is a striker too and he showed it.

port...be on the better side....cr7 never disappoints .
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Truthsbitter: 12:27am On Jun 17, 2018
Humchi:

you think iceland can be a walk over

It is the same iceland that c.ronaldo couldn't score against in 2016.. Iceland end up drawing portugal

The same iceland that defeat england..

Bro, think up....

Cr7 goals against spain was due to de gea bad performance...
Two avoided goals.. Passed him..

How can somebody deceive himself/herself to this extent!!?
This world na wa o.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Diamondville(f): 12:32am On Jun 17, 2018
zeenaman:
We will surprise the world by thrashing Croatia massively. We will render them impotent.
I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Humchi(m): 12:34am On Jun 17, 2018
wildkat:

So even the thunderous free kick was a bad performance from De Gea. My guy hatred has washed off your brain matter.

no hatred here...

Go and watch that free kick again...

And watch how de gea was in the course when the ball was coming...

You called it thunderous because cr7 played it...

Bro likes of de gea are expected to catch that kind of shot...

That free kick is no near spectacular..
I must say..
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by wildkat: 12:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Humchi:

no hatred here...

Go and watch that free kick again...

And watch how de gea was in the course when the ball was coming...

You called it thunderous because cr7 played it...

Bro likes of de gea are expected to catch that kind of shot...

That free kick is no near spectacular..
I must say..

Imagine wetin you dey yarn. Why not put the goal under a microscope to know the course of the ball. Anyway what do you expect from a MESSIfied fan.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Humchi(m): 12:44am On Jun 17, 2018
wildkat:

Imagine wetin you dey yarn. Why not put the goal under a microscope to know the course of the ball. Anyway what do you expect from a MESSIfied fan.

messi- he lose - he win = still my man
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by wildkat: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Humchi:

messi- he lose - he win = still my man
Well, whatever tickles your fancy.... Kudos to you and him shaa
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Humchi(m): 12:52am On Jun 17, 2018
wildkat:

Well, whatever tickles your fancy.... Kudos to you and him shaa
are you jealous
Go and romance your G.O.A.T abeg :x
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by wildkat: 12:55am On Jun 17, 2018
Humchi:
are you jealous
Go and romance your G.O.A.T abeg :x
Jealous? For wetin naa?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Humchi(m): 12:58am On Jun 17, 2018
wildkat:

Jealous? For wetin naa?
i thought you were jealous.. You knowgrin
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Diamondville(f): 12:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Messi no dey Ronaldo level Messi can't score hat trick against Spain self

With almighty de gear in goal

Ordinary Iceland Messi no fit score for first half

meanwhile Chelsea fans after watching Costa yesterday
Exactly how I felt after watching Costa's performance yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sudan : AFCON 2021 : 3 - 1 On 15th January 2022 / Hiba Abouk: I Need Time To Digest The Shock – Hakimi’s Wife Breaks Silence / Sierra Leone Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 17th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.