Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets (13708 Views)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by alphonsojaybaz: 4:36am On Jun 16, 2018
SCARCITY OF TOMATOES , OTHER COMMODITIES HIT LAGOS MARKETS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/06/scarcity-of-tomatoes-other-commodities.html

As Muslims faithful ended their 30 days fasting, consumers in Lagos have lamented scarcity of tomatoes and other Commodities in the markets. Eyes Of Lagos checks show that there were scarcity of tomatoes, pepper and other spices normally sourced from Northern part of the country, even as price of foodstuff went through the roof . One of the consumers who simply have her name as Mrs. Adeniyi that spoke with our correspondent in Lagos Mile 12 market said, ‘ we normally experience such scarcity of products during Ramadan period. Business is generally dull because of fasting. The traders too are not motivated bring in the products.” Meantime, Muslims faithful trooped out yesterday to give thanks to Almighty Allah for the successful completion of Ramadan fasting. Though markets were not filled with traders People were seen in some locations enjoying the long break in eateries and shopping malls. The Vice Chancellor of Lagos State University, Prof. Lanre Fagbohun in his special Sallah message called for continuous prayer for peace and sustainable development in LASU, Lagos State and Nigeria at large. ” On behalf of the Governing Council and the University Management, I wish you and your loved ones a fruitful celebration. May Almighty Allah accept our supplications, forgive our shortcomings and fill our respective homes with happiness”, he said.

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Wantedmiller: 4:47am On Jun 16, 2018
small time now..... it will circulating like Ebola. To cook my delicious jollof Rice now will be difficult.

Tin tomatoes no dey make jollof Rice sweet....

fresh one na..... Ute

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Realist5: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2018
It is a temporary scarcity. Very soon it will be available in abundant.
But Sometimes, it happens during raining season.

Thank God there's always a close substitute even though it will not be as delicious as the fresh one. I will go for sachet or Tin tomatoes pending the availability again.
More so, it is because we lack vision in this country. No plans to preserve this product when it is in abundant/boom. The only thing our so called leaders plan for is how to steal and milk our resources dry.

Good Luck to our Super Eagles.

Like for Super Eagles.....Share for Croatia

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by IMASTEX: 5:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Not again
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by cold(m): 5:54am On Jun 16, 2018
After years of frequent tomato scarcity in a particular season. Nigerians still haven't learnt how to preserve the product for times like this..sigh

4 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by greatiyk4u(m): 5:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Lol................

Wetin concern LASU VC speech with this heading?

Bloggers una doooooooooh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by boolet: 6:00am On Jun 16, 2018
There is nothing that doesn't get hoarded in our country; fuel, tomatoes, even air. cheesy
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Ugoeze2016: 6:01am On Jun 16, 2018
Not again, may God deliver us
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by TDonald: 6:01am On Jun 16, 2018
greatiyk4u:
Lol................

Wetin concern LASU VC speech with this heading?

Bloggers una doooooooooh

My Brother i tìrẹ for bloggers matter

6 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by israelmao(m): 6:05am On Jun 16, 2018
Can see that,we need one another in this nation the forces that are dividing us shall be consumed.
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:05am On Jun 16, 2018
Preservation of Perishable Agricultural Produce
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Quality20(m): 6:10am On Jun 16, 2018
Wantedmiller:
small time now..... it will circulating like Ebola. To cook my delicious jollof Rice now will be difficult.

Tin tomatoes no dey make jollof Rice sweet....

fresh one na..... Ute
e be like say u no sabi cook jolof with sachet tomotoes? Go d nearby cookery school go learn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Alkanoicacid(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2018
G
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Quality20(m): 6:13am On Jun 16, 2018
boolet:
There is nothing that doesn't get hoarded in our country; fuel, tomatoes, even air. cheesy
. Hoard tomatoes? Who does that? If its available u gonna c it
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by abumeinben(m): 6:17am On Jun 16, 2018
Another experiment?

Ramadan fasting....lots of blames.

Saudi Arabia lost due to it. I don't know how Iran won Morocco, I guess the later didn't fast enough, or because the former wore suits, instead of "jalamia" during fasting to their photo shoot before world cup.

Tomatoes now are scarce, NBS said inflation dropped about 3% yet prices of commodities still at the roof. Fasting!

I'm sure the foolanis aren't fasting and one or two haramites too.

6 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by ckmayoca: 6:19am On Jun 16, 2018
oh
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by hisgrace090: 6:22am On Jun 16, 2018
We're in season of tomatoe scarcity

This is rainy season is not good for tomatoe at all.

To everything there is a time for it.

3 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by castrokins(m): 6:22am On Jun 16, 2018
One Day, One Trouble, Naija!
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by begwong: 6:22am On Jun 16, 2018
No preservation method for this country. We need factories to use the excess cultivated but none. Dangote opened tomato paste factory in gombe or so but it folded up.
The biggest tomatoes basket was sold at a mere 1200 in Jos. It is that same size that now goes for over 30k just a few months ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by boolet: 6:23am On Jun 16, 2018
Quality20:
. Hoard tomatoes? Who does that? If its available u gonna c it
I can't explain it either, maybe price control. Lol.
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by begwong: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2018
Alkanoicacid:
G
GINO CURRY
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2018
How are we going to learn to preserve tomatoes when those who've been lucky to steal the nation's wealth think tomato planting is for the poor?

More so, why should we have tomatoes in Lagos when idiots with paper degrees from universities think tomato planting is for the unsophisticated market woman or for village people in the hinterlands, all because of some useless theory-only education they received from bribe-taking professors?

Worst, why should we have enough tomatoes to eat in this country when the southern part of the country thinks farming is for "those northern abo.kis. Has it become the duty of the northern part of the country only to farm and feed the entire nation?

For there to be enough tomatoes, all parts of the country must plant tomatoes. For there to be tomatoes in Lagos, most of the unemployed graduates roaming the cities looking for office jobs that don't exist must use their degrees/education to plant tomatoes. Period!

cold:
After years of frequent tomato scarcity in a particular season. Nigerians still haven't learnt how to preserve the product for times like this..sigh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by desmond2pk: 6:30am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=israelmao post=68525127]Can see that,we need one another in this nation the forces that are dividing us shall be consumed.[/quote

You need one another to eat tomatoes? It has not occured to you that the world is bigger than tomatoes?
You don't know that the north is dragging the south backward to Somalia?
You don't know that the northern elites don't want their citizens to go to school, so that's why the education system is as poor as it is today? The south alone would have set a higher standard in education if not the north that has been dragging the standard down?

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by elopee3000(m): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria only 've two types of tomatos the long one and round one sad I never knew there is more than 30 differents type of tomatos until I went to Italy Spain Austria I see tomatos I shout there is one that you don't need to cook is sweeter than Apple, this Nigerian tomatos am seeing inside inside basket they use this type to feed pigs in italy

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by DAntivirus: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2018
gshah
elopee3000:
Nigeria only 've two types of tomatos the long one and round one sad I never knew there is more than 30 differents type of tomatos until I want to Italy Spain Austria I see tomatos I shout there is one that you don't need to cook is sweeter than Apple, this Nigerian tomatos am seeing inside inside basket they use this type to feed pigs in italy

so you're indirectly calling us pigs abi
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Pavore9: 6:48am On Jun 16, 2018
cold:

A sad reality.
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by kittykollinxx(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2018
our problems in Nigeria are cyclical
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by ikorodureporta: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Sallah go finish this weekend. My only pain is d hike in tfare around here
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Iscoalarcon: 7:01am On Jun 16, 2018
The problem is not only peculiar to Lagos even Gombe as a major supplier has been affected
The scarcity will soon we wipe when the rainy season variety comes out
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by americanson: 7:03am On Jun 16, 2018
namet:
How are we going to learn to preserve tomatoes when those who've been lucky to steal the nation's wealth think tomato planting is for the poor?

More so, why should we have tomatoes in Lagos when idiots with paper degrees from universities think tomato planting is for the unsophisticated market woman or for village people in the hinterlands, all because of some useless theory-only education they received from bribe-taking professors?

Worst, why should we have enough tomatoes to eat in this country when the southern part of the country thinks farming is for "those northern abo.kis. Has it become the duty of the northern part of the country only to farm and feed the entire nation?

For there to be enough tomatoes, all parts of the country must plant tomatoes. For there to be tomatoes in Lagos, most of the unemployed graduates roaming the cities looking for work that doesn't exist must use their degrees/education to plant tomatoes. Period!

I support you 100% .Nigerian grads don't understand the importance of their education.
Re: Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets by Roger3D(m): 7:04am On Jun 16, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Preservation of Perishable Agricultural Produce
What is the situation like in maiduguri? Man I miss my days on Bama road

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Creative Food Pictures / Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? / Christmas Cow Attacks Man In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.