Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,160 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge (857 Views)

Lesgupnigeria: Notice To All Nairalanders On Agric Section / Any Graphic Designer In Agric Section? / How To Identify Nairaland Scammers /Fraudster Most In Agric Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by benzion72(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2018
The other day i was interested in Mushroom cultivation and quickly I rush to nairaland Agric section, the only help I could get is from one self acclaimed expert with knowledge from FIRO and University of Benin and a learner at the feet of reknown Prof. of Mushroom production from the University of Benin but is help will come with N50,000. I considered that too much a price. Thank God for google, youtube and ebooks, I was able to demystified mushroom production and i left the step by step procedure on Nairaland Agricultural section for free and up till tomorrow people still consult me for free on phone for further information. If you have intrest in that you can visit

https://www.nairaland.com/3859776/mushroom-cultivation-simplified

Another time, I saw several advert on Plantain, how you plant and after one year you will start laughing to the bank. Who will not want to laugh to the bank, there are so many of them shouting it in the section. Buy disease free, high yielding, improved variety, disease resistance. So i made effort to gather some money and delve into the business. The first person i called is in Ibadan, give me 100 sucker of plantain and the man said minimum order is 500 sucker what, how do you expect me to start with that? case come close. I called another one that one said I will have to go to a village in Ilesha and take bike to another village and trek to another village and people will joined me to dig it out. But I thought they are ported sucker as been advertised. Case closed. So i took the challenge to look for ways to multiply Plantain by myself and so I discovered it is through macro propagation and with the help of google youtube and ebook that same challengies have been conquered I can now produce 180 plantlets of banana sucker from only one sucker. So if you are interested too here is a link for the ebbok

https://publications.cta.int/media/publications/downloads/1655_PDF_1.pdf

"Ogedede lo wo koko dagba ko to di igi Buruku" meaning it is the Plantain and Banana that nurse Cocoa tree unto adulthood before it become a bad tree, so, I contacted a supposed internet cocoa merchant on nairaland agricultural section again, sell me hybrid, early yielding 18 to 24 month fruiting to intercrop with my Plantain. And like if it is a rehearse answer, minimum order 200 pod at 500 per pod, is the minimum order, why logistic. Why how many hacters of land will i plant 200 pod if there are minimum 20 seed inside a pod. That one too case closed in fact the thread I opened for that purpose does not have reasonable response

https://www.nairaland.com/4482023/buying-cocoa-pod-crin

So I went to CRIN go meet them and I get a contact that facilitated my 20 pod cocoa purchase.

I think i have learned some lesson, do not take any advert so serious, even if they post it with all manners of picture with them showing all manner of product. in fact in my research on plantain shows that most picture posted by many are copyright on google. I have had my challenges that suppose to discourage me. But it has only turned me to expert in each respect. And i believe knowledge should be shared free and not hoard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2018
We need more of you in this country and on nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Cassie74: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2018
This is how a guy here in nairaland asked me to pay 3k for him to talk to me about rearing chicken... he told me he can't give it for free. I wanted to buy it then paste it all over here... Let's c how he will sell it to peeps again. It's really sad. I Googled it and I was taken back to nairaland again. U can't imagine the kind of information u can rake up from here... all one needs to do is read read and read some more. God bless your hustle!
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by zeestone99(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
God bless you, keep up the good work... By the way wch farming business can one workin in lagos delve into. Tx
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
zeestone99:
God bless you, keep up the good work... By the way wch farming business can one workin in lagos delve into. Tx
Poultry if you learn the skills and have the capital.
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by zeestone99(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Poultry if you learn the skills and have the capital.

Egg or meat, secondly are there buyers in d market to buy ur meat or egg
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
zeestone99:

Egg or meat, secondly are there buyers in d market to buy ur meat or egg
Meat is better since it has faster turnover. The market is everywhere and you should target eateries around. They will normally buy in bulk from you.
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by zeestone99(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Meat is better since it has faster turnover. The market is everywhere and you should target eateries around. They will normally buy in bulk from you.

Thanks, any link for more info
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by zeestone99(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by benzion72(m): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
Cassie74:
This is how a guy here in nairaland asked me to pay 3k for him to talk to me about rearing chicken... he told me he can't give it for free. I wanted to buy it then paste it all over here... Let's c how he will sell it to peeps again. It's really sad. I Googled it and I was taken back to nairaland again. U can't imagine the kind of information u can rake up from here... all one needs to do is read read and read some more. God bless your hustle!

So people are charging consultation fee. Hope Seun too, is ready to start collecting witholding tax, VAT, PAYE on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by Cassie74: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
benzion72:

So people are charging consultation fee. Hope Seun too, is ready to start collecting witholding tax, VAT, PAYE on nairaland

Isn't he?.... he withholds you when you chop ban naw grin
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by nikaShow(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
Awesome bro ! I like your spirit.

Note though, that some people don't have the do-it-yourself ability. That's why I always encourage practical on the farm training.

Kudos to you though !
Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by agricexport(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2018
Funny guy,I can't imaging why you have such an attitude? May God help you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Agric Section Always A Call To Challenge by kulex124(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
Abeg who get link to agro export in small quantity abeg helpa brother and share knowledge!!!
thats my whats up number for easy reach

(1) (Reply)

Is 500k Enough To Start A Fish Farm? Please Help! / Starting A Poultry Farm / 50hectares Of Land For Outright Buy In Ekiti Or Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.