Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened (7299 Views)

I Now See More People Ricing Up Cars In Nigeria / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Ford And Toyota Hiace Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
dumo1:

Welcome sah! Dusts chair....

if u see the tank live u will think it's fishpond angry

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
diportivo:

if u see the tank live u will think it's fishpond angry
Like for real?
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Ford E450 7.3liter diesel powered 2003 model.

Problems : loss of power.

Initial scan threw

P1280 Injector control pressure out of range low
P0113 IAT intake air Temp sensor circuit High input
P1670 Electronic Feedback signal not detected
P1211 Injector control Pressure above/below
desired

All codes point to a faulty fuel pump/a dirty pickup screen/filter.

Bringing down the fuel tank required using a transmission jack to gently drop tank, and a a drain of over 100liters of diesel.

Will continue..

2003? Signature says 2009? Confused
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by limsycutey(f): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
A family friend uses a very recent ford suv model, a few months ago, she had to pay 750k for a new part (don't know which one exactly) and i want to believe it included labour. cry

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
AutoElectNG:

2003? Signature says 2009? Confused

Family members get exceptions
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

Let me just drop this here

Diportivo Abeg epp me with fainting meme

Calculator

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
at this point, I assuming this will be a quick, in my mind, wash tank, go to ojuelegba, buy parts install and vehicle should be out same day, But alas my village people had other plans.

To avoid traffic/where to park took an uber straight to ojuelgba.

Shop 1 I showed them pics is they had the sender and fuel pump........ Unavailable

Shop 2..... Unavailable

Shop 3, 4,5,6......unavailable.

Ok I resorted to baranda moves, called one of them, he quoted 45k for sender and 50k for pump (new parts I said no problem, go bring am, I de here grin

30mins later baranda called and said, Oga, I get the one wey go work am grin I said no worry just come back sad

So I concluded new and used fuel pump and sender were unavailable in ojuelegba.

Day 1 gone.

next day went shopping online, found all the parts, placed an order, all parts plus shipping were over 700dollars.

Called owner for approval, he gave consent in his words, "let's go for it"

in the mean time, vehicle is required for some small trips and parts will not arrive till end of the month, so I had to improvise on the existing structure on the fuel lines.

So I in-cooperated an internal screen filter from an old but clean pump assy, and replaced the fuel pump (toks)

Dusted off my old fuel pressure Gauge and connected it to the pipe work when the engine was running.

Readings looked good, 55-60psi engine was running fine. Took it for a test drive.

Cleared all codes, and only P0113 left (I'll find you later)

Hit the road and 10km later, vehicle started loosing power, re-scanned and p1280 was back. shocked sad

Drove back slowly.

spent the night reading and watching YouTube videos, and then I saw a guy complain about the walls of the tank waring out and clogging the screen filter shocked shocked

Placed order for fuel tank, over 1000dolars without shipping. Work stopped first grin

Tank is available locally.....! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
surrogatesng:
Ford! hmmmm.With what i have just read on this thread.I will never go near that Brand.

Not so, it's an old model. It's understandable, newer trucks are more understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
limsycutey:
A family friend uses a very recent ford suv model, a few months ago, she had to pay 750k for a new part (don't know which one exactly) and i want to believe it included labour. cry

This is the price quoted for the electric power steering by workshops the likes of Cosharis.

The electric power steering had a factory fault, there was a recall but recall doesn't concern Nigeria. 2010-2014 if I remember correctly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by captainking(m): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Na lie! Stop making excuses. You're cheating on me cry
una Don come. Heheh
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Spreading Mat.

Pop Corn - Checked

Iced Maltina - Checked

Notepad - Checked

Biro/Pencil and Eraser - Checked

Calculator - Checked.

I don arrive to learn.

.....wait you're talking about Ford and repair cost is already over half a million minus workmanship and other administrative expenses.

What am doing here sef, Na the Croatian cause am.

Running out of thread immediately. Na rich people dey use Ford.

grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Una no fit make gas tank for Nigeria? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 3:29am On Jun 17, 2018
thebigkendo:

Family members get exceptions

There is an exception to every rule...exception understood...Thank you
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 6:38am On Jun 17, 2018
LeJeun3:

This is the price quoted for the electric power steering by workshops the likes of Cosharis.

The electric power steering had a factory fault, there was a recall but recall doesn't concern Nigeria. 2010-2014 if I remember correctly

e get anything wey concern naija before?

EgunMogaji:
Una no fit make gas tank for Nigeria? shocked

we no fit....thank u

remember,u ain't backing out on ur naija mecho sojourn...it's too late grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 17, 2018
But Coscharis is the official accredited dealer for Ford motors in Nigeria, so the vehicle recall naturally is supposed to extend to all the affected Ford vehicles in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2018
dumo1:
But Coscharis is the official accredited dealer for Ford motors in Nigeria, so the vehicle recall naturally is supposed to extend to all the affected Ford vehicles in Nigeria.

This is Nigeria ��

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 17, 2018
dumo1:

I am yet to see any accredited dealer of Cars or Mobile Phone recall anything in Nigeria.

Even Samsung during the messy Galaxy Note recall, the thing no reach Nigeria.

We kinda have a weak CPC (Consumer Protection) in Nigeria.

Toyota Nigeria (Elizade, Briscoe, Globe Motor etc) and Coscharis (Jaguar, Ford, Range Rover etc) do donate free cars to agency that are supposed to fight in justice done to consumers in Nigeria.

So once a dealer pocket agencies responsible for protecting consumer right, who go fight the battle.

A well-known accredited car dealer was said to be using a wrong engine oil grade to service new cars that are still under warranty and free service year, so if a car dealer can use a 20W-50 to do free engine oil change service for car made between 2010 - 2018 and such dealership is still in business till this moment, why do you expect such dealer to do vehicle recall.

Just passing jejely

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2018
dumo1:

Will you kip quite.... (pun intended)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2018
TheCar:

I am yet to see any accredited dealer of Cars or Mobile Phone recall anything in Nigeria.

Toyota Nigeria (Elizade, Briscoe, Globe Motor etc) and Coscharis (Jaguar, Ford, Range Rover etc) do donate free cars to agency that are supposed to fight in justice done to consumers in Nigeria.

So once a dealer pocket agencies responsible for protecting consumer right, who go fight the battle.

A well-known accredited car dealer was said to be using a wrong engine oil grade to service new cars that are still under warranty and free service year, so if a car dealer can use a 20W-50 to do free engine oil change service for car made between 2010 - 2018 and such dealership is still in business till this moment, why do you expect such dealer to do vehicle recall.

Just passing jejely
I give up..... undecided undecided
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2018
TheCar:

Just passing jejely

AIK or Iadnuyh? grin
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2018
diportivo:

e get anything wey concern naija before?

we no fit....thank u

remember,u ain't backing out on ur naija mecho sojourn...it's too late grin

I don’t believe that and I think you guys sell Naija short.

Out there somewhere is someone that can weld up a gas tank. I’ve seen fuel tankers that’s used to carry petrol being built in ordinary Ibadan.

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

AIK or Iadnuyh? grin
elbuort tnaw t'nod I

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Out there somewhere is someone that can weld up a gas tank. I’ve seen fuel tanks to carry petrol being built in ordinary Ibadan.

I believe so...they don't post online.

Easier to find things overseas from here because of that

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by dru23(m): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

AIK or Iadnuyh? grin

Oga Mr. Man how are doing with this taxify lite of a thing. How are requests for the drivers. I was told that drivers with taxify are getting more requests due to the fact that riders have not yet updated their new taxify app..
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Out there somewhere is someone that can weld up a gas tank. I’ve seen fuel tanks to carry petrol being built in ordinary Ibadan.

the original Gas tank has been discontinued by manufacturer.

They now sell plastic gas tanks.

Seems like a better deal long term

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2018
dru23:

Oga Mr. Man how are doing with this taxify lite of a thing. How are requests for the drivers. I was told that drivers with taxify are getting more requests due to the fact that riders have not yet updated their new taxify app..

wrong place bro.

Email, phone call, whatsapp. You have all my details.

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by dru23(m): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2018
TheCar:

Just passing jejely
This is Nigeria ,look at what we go through.. This is Nigeria, wear the police accuse of been yahoo boy, this is Nigeria see what we go through

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by dru23(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

wrong place bro.

Email, phone call, whatsapp. You have all my details.
wink
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

the original Gas tank has been discontinued by manufacturer.

They now sell plastic gas tanks.

Seems like a better deal long term
Absolutely.

You have to experience it to know.

If the metal tank begins to corrode...fuel pump trouble...fuel filter trouble... run tank low trouble

Good call!

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
dru23:

Una taxify and Uber thread no do Una to dey talk this kabukabu talk?
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by dru23(m): 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
diportivo:

[b]
Una taxify and Uber thread no do Una to dey talk this kabukabu [/b]talk?

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
the eagle has landed..
I repeat, the eagle has landed!

what are we saying sef? Ford fix costing how much again? hmmmmm, if I ask of vin for that Ford now, people will say I'm wicked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Of The Best Safety Features Introduced In Cars Throughout The Years / Signs Your Hybrid Battery Is Failing / My Trip to 'Mgbuka Obosi' the Largest Used Parts Market in the SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.