Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened (7298 Views)

I Now See More People Ricing Up Cars In Nigeria / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Ford And Toyota Hiace Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

the eagle has landed..
I repeat, the eagle has landed!

what are we saying sef? Ford fix costing how much again? hmmmmm, if I ask of vin for that Ford now, people will say I'm wicked

you want to take loan and re-register it abi? angry bloody mexican

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Kashif(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Absolutely.

You have to experience it to know.

If the metal tank begins to corrode...fuel pump trouble...fuel filter trouble... run tank low trouble

Good call!

Correct! Metal tank forcing me to reload tank at half empty now,
after having to clean filter twice. I don't like it. Akin to always carrying an extra passenger.
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

the original Gas tank has been discontinued by manufacturer.

They now sell plastic gas tanks.

Seems like a better deal long term

I found stainless steel in 5 stores last night, very pricy.

The old gas tank is still good and can be restored. You can weld up a new one in Nigeria.

I’ll like to see you guys be more resourceful. Said with utmost respect Sir.

https://garage.eastwood.com/eastwood-chatter/the-cure-for-rusty-tank-syndrome/

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The old gas tank is still good and can be restored. You can weld up a new one in Nigeria.

Great work there. Thanks for the link.
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Charlssey(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Charlssey(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
diportivo:

if u see the tank live u will think it's fishpond angry

Lol
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Not the same tank BUT if yah all can convert a RHD to LHD, a Volvo sedan to a pickup truck, then you can convert this to fit grin

N36,000

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
Somebory please make space small make I faint.. shocked

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

will research and find a way to locally build the fuel tank. But sincerely ild prefer the easy way.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Somebory please make space small make I faint.. shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the easy way

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the easy way

Update

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
thebigkendo:

Update

The calculation of life grin

U people wee not keel me cheesy

On a serious note, guys please don't believe that anyone here is paying $2K for a gas tank for a Ford truck. And those shops don't even have it in stock. If you call then they'll have you place a sizable non-refundable deposit for them to order it. After that they the manufacturer will make it in 15 minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The calculation of life grin

U people wee not keel me cheesy

On a serious note, guys please don't believe that anyone here is paying $2K for a gas tank for a Ford truck. And those shops don't even have it in stock. If you call then they'll have you place a sizable non-refundable deposit for them to order it. After that they the manufacturer will make it in 15 minutes.

Wicked.....

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
thebigkendo:

Update

Ah! Ogaju o! How much come be the Ford bus that someone will be spending the money for tokunbo 2.2 Camry on it. Na wa o!!

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
thebigkendo:

Update

When Gazzuzz finally give you the total bill.

Your next reaction grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
TheCar:

When Gazzuzz finally give you the total bill.

Your next reaction grin grin grin

Customer: As in M in million?? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by LeJeun3: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

M in Monkey....

grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Customer: Abeg Gazzuzz, I dash you the car. Get a buyer for the car.

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2018
Or this for only $600 asking (he'll take $250 and a handshake) grin

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1988979497843635

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:11am On Jun 18, 2018
background of vehicle.

Vehicle Bought @ 17,000 miles (true mileage)

Current mileage 22,000miles.

In nurey words, it was driven in the parlour.

6 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Piyke: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2018
TheCar:

I am yet to see any accredited dealer of Cars or Mobile Phone recall anything in Nigeria.

Even Samsung during the messy Galaxy Note recall, the thing no reach Nigeria.

We kinda have a weak CPC (Consumer Protection) in Nigeria.

Toyota Nigeria (Elizade, Briscoe, Globe Motor etc) and Coscharis (Jaguar, Ford, Range Rover etc) do donate free cars to agency that are supposed to fight in justice done to consumers in Nigeria.

So once a dealer pocket agencies responsible for protecting consumer right, who go fight the battle.

A well-known accredited car dealer was said to be using a wrong engine oil grade to service new cars that are still under warranty and free service year, so if a car dealer can use a 20W-50 to do free engine oil change service for car made between 2010 - 2018 and such dealership is still in business till this moment, why do you expect such dealer to do vehicle recall.

Just passing jejely

You haven't seen anything. A friend of mine has a 2015 corolla bought brand new. After some years of servicing at a top 3 Toyota dealer in Naija was complaining bitterly to me that the car was being a bit sluggish despite the thousands he coughs out per service at the dealer. He decided to change to a Kazeem for servicing and went to ask one of his buddies at the top 3 dealership what oil to use. The guy told him to use Visco 2000 that the oil is even better than what they use at the dealership! Maybe they use amasco oil angry (no offence to amasco). I advised him to get 0W-20
Finally when he got Kazeem for servicing the Kazeem had serious doubts whether the oil filter had ever been changed shocked

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Piyke:

You haven't seen anything. A friend of mine has a 2015 corolla bought brand new. After some years of servicing at a top 3 Toyota dealer in Naija was complaining bitterly to me that the car was being a bit sluggish despite the thousands he coughs out per device at the dealer. He decided to change to a Kazeem for servicing and went to ask one of his buddies at the top 3 dealership what oil to use. The guy told him to use Visco 2000 that the oil is even better than what they use at the dealership! Maybe they use amasco oil angry (no offence to amasco). I advised him to get 0W-20
Finally when he got Kazeem for servicing the Kazeem had serious doubts whether the oil filter had ever been changed shocked

That's why every car owner need to take personal responsibility for their car.

Don't trust any dealership whether accredited or not, all they are interested in is the profit. They are more interested in you buying a new car every year than maintain the old one.

I buy my car engine oil myself and the least I use is 5w-30 which is stated in the car manual.

When a car dealer cannot even use a 5W-30 to service your car which is still under warranty, do you now expect such dealership to do vehicle recall.

In Falz voice, This is Nigeria where Police Station close by 6pm due to Security reason. grin cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by sooperrescue(m): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You are very correct, we are not resourceful. No time to figure out what could be done. Op, bring the tank to my place, we have a good welder that uses electric welding machine. He can do all kind of weldings. For those that says there is no recall for cars already in Nigeria, that is not true. There is a recall for any car that issued it except Toyota. A range Rover 2013 that was imported from the US in 2014 had bushing and balloon issue that same year. It was later taken to Coscharis to fix under warranty even though it was not bought from Coscharis. What models of Toyota does Elizade sells? Without venza, avalon, highlander, 4runner, v6 camry, are the other models toyota?

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by chukel(m): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2018
TheCar:

That's why every car owner need to take personal responsibility for their car.

Don't trust any dealership whether accredited or not, all they are interested in is the profit. They are more interested in you buying a new car every year than maintain the old one.

I buy my car engine oil myself and the least I use is 5w-30 which is stated in the car manual.

When a car dealer cannot even use a 5W-30 to service your car which is still under warranty, do you now expect such dealership to do vehicle recall.

In Falz voice, This is Nigeria where Police Station close by 6pm due to Security reason. grin cheesy grin
what brand of 5W30 do you use. What's your source.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 19, 2018
chukel:
what brand of 5W30 do you use. What's your source.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2018
So the parts finally arrived.

And work will continue...

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
So the parts finally arrived.

And work will continue...

Gas Tank nko? grin
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Gas Tank nko? grin

you want to run faster than the movie? Uncle say we should not buy tank, we are improvising. Sit back and allow me drive.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you want to run faster than the movie? Uncle say we should not buy tank, we are improvising. Sit back and allow me drive.

thebigkendo right now...

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Uncle i don't like suspense, hence most times i watch my movies at 1.2x speed sad

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
diportivo:

the.bigkendo right now...

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by BlackJo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2018
I'm trying to go through this thread with a straight face

But these clowns won't let me!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About Jaguar Car / 12 Of The Best Safety Features Introduced In Cars Throughout The Years / Signs Your Hybrid Battery Is Failing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.