Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

World Cup Brouhaha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Brouhaha (252 Views)

TSTV Illegal Viewing Brouhaha By May Ubeku / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Brouhaha by Simplybami(f): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
At the viewing centre yesterday,there was tension in air. Everyone was urging the players to do better,different comments were flying all around. But one particular comment caught my attention. The dude seated behind me uttered the one that made everyone laughed.

'Super Eagles abeg make una no spoil my life tonight ooooo' he said gesticulating with both hands. 'Chai God help us,I wan sleep well tonight' he continued. I was curious to know why he was hell bent on the Eagles winning,because I knew he wasn't that patriotic. So I turned back and questioned him.

'Guy no lie oooo,you don bet say Super Eagles go win tonight abi?' I asked him smiling mischievously.

'Yes na,na the 5k wey dem send me from house to buy foodstuff na hin I take go bet,if dem no win tonight,I don enter gbege be that' he said to me with apprehension written all over him. Just at that moment,Moses was given a free pass but he fell after one of the Croatian players collided with him.

The guy behind me lost his cool.
'Why this idiot no cover the ball and hin legs with the blood of Jesus?this guy wan make me lose 5k tonight' he said,standing up on his feet. We all laughed and then I replied him.

'Guy na your village people dey follow you,why you go go place 5k untop Super Eagles you well so?abeg make we hear word oooo no dey disturb God with your prayers.' I retorted. Everyone roared with laughter,the cute guy beside gave me an high five.

'Why you sef go bet naa?you con use your feeding money bet. Your village people don finally get you ooo' I yabbed the guy with my sharp mouth smiling.

'Babe,forget that thing betting na normal thing,make we just dey pray say Super Eagles go equalise abeg' He retorted.

'No be me and you go pray that kind prayer' I replied him and focused my attention on the screen.

Twenty minutes to end the match,the cute guy sitting beside me lost his cool and started blowing big big words.

Few minutes to end the match,people started leaving,complaining bitterly about the formation. One said 'Na that stupid coach cause this rubbish ooo,my 2k don go be that oooo'

Different comments were flying all around. I waited till the very end before leaving the viewing center. The cute guy left without saying goodbye,the match must have upset him,cause he acted really pissed. Lol.

My questions are: Why do guys bet?(not all though)Why was Moses behaving like he was under the influence of Rohypnol last night? What happened to those babalawos who always tie people's destiny? Why didn't they tie the legs of the Croatian players? So Eagles actually went there to slay or what?

#Bami
Re: World Cup Brouhaha by gowaga68: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hello all, I've got a Japan vs Poland ticket which I will like to sale. If Anyone in need kindly pm me.

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles ]playlist For The World Cup #russia2018 / Buhari Should Send EFCC/ICPC To Russia To Arrest That Referee For Corruption / OFFICIAL: Everton Confirm Wayne Rooney Will Join MLS Club De United (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.