Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

How To Connect To God, Your Creator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Connect To God, Your Creator (658 Views)

Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / Remembering Your Creator While You Are Young / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
One of the benefits of being connected to God is you enjoy a personal relationship with your Creator through daily communion with the Holyspirit.
Unfortunately some of us are still unable to access this connection because we've not been able to activate our true self- the spirit being in us and this limits us. Please read my thread titled The Holyspirit, Our Helper to catch a glimpse of what we miss when we stay in our soul and body-being neglecting our spirit-being. If this doesn't make sense to you now, I suggest you catch up with that first.

The factors that limit our capacity to activate the Holyspirit include-

-Unbelief: We're still in doubt of the efficacy of the Salvation of Christ, testimonies of miracles, etc. Jesus God the son could not perform great miraces in His hometown because of their unbelief.

-Pride: We believe we already know all we need to know. Or we feel we've been Christians for years. I was mindblown when it was revealed to me that most of us are not even Christians. Please don't find that offensive or insulting. Even I won't call myself a Christian. That's up to the people who see me to decide. The journey of Christendom follows a sequence- Born-again >> Disciple >> Christian. But most of us started to call ourselves Christians from the day we became born again and wonder why things are not working as the bible promised. Please follow and trust the process.

Some of us have to re-dedicate our lives to Christ. Confess this now. Jesus Christ, I believe and accept You as my God, my Lord and my Saviour. I believe that You were crucified and you died for my sins. I believe that you ressurrected on the third day glorified and victorious over Sin, Death and Hell. Thank you Jesus, I Love You. Teach me how to seek you and know you personally in Jesus name I pray. Amen

-Cares of the world: The receptiveness of our heart for the seed of God's Word is directly proportional to the nature and fertility of the soil of our heart. Please read the Parable and Christ's explanation of the Seed Sower. Cares include Mammon, Fear, etc and how the manifest as depression or loving money or your job more than God. Matthew 13

-Sin (Disobedience to God): Obviously we tend to reject the Light of God when we love darkness. Trust me if you're still living in sin, yes you might be saved but it limits your access to deeper things of God. Just pray about it and choose to stop living in sin. There has to be the Grace of Holyghost conviction making you to start hating sin and giving you strength to overcome it. You will be amazed how you will overcome it. But you have to be intentional about it.

Please pray against all these factors and be intentional about it because they will never let you repent. Focus on seeking the kingdom of God more than anything else. You will start to experience the activation of the Holyspirit in your daily living, counselling you, empowering you and comforting you in all you do.

Peace and Grace be unto us all in the Mighty name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
Seun, bloodofthelamb, LePrezident, ScienceWatch, hopefullandlord, GodSon34

1 Like

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by hopefulLandlord: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
What are the empirical benefits you enjoy from your "personal relationship with your Creator through daily communion with the Holy spirit" which anyone who doesn't can't have?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by ScienceWatch: 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
pressplay411:

Some of us have to re-dedicate our lives to Christ. Confess this now. Jesus Christ, I believe and accept You as my God, my Lord and my Saviour. I believe that You were crucified and you died for my sins. I believe that you ressurrected on the third day glorified and victorious over Sin, Death and Hell. Thank you Jesus, I Love You. Teach me how to seek you and know you personally in Jesus name I pray. Amen

Peace and Grace be unto us all in the Mighty name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Thanks sir, the Op is well written.
Unfortunately the satanic vultures are already circling because you use the trigger words, "JESUS", "GOD" and "HOLY SPIRIT."

If you answer hopefuls question above, you will be insulted and mocked. Check one tiny example at this link;
https://www.nairaland.com/post/68562028 where he was trolling and said, "There were times in the past I shout Jesus when cumming, I must believe in Jesus too."

This dude is a mocker. Do remember the wise biblical instruction: "DO NOT THROW YOUR PEARLS TO THE SWINE."

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by RussianKGB: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Religion is really frustrating africans. The time you used in typing this epistle is the same time an asian kid used to invent something useful that an intellectually lazy and overly religious african like you would spend money to purchase and use. Whereas if you spent precious time in effectual reasoning, you would be utterly useful to yourself and your society.
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
RussianKGB:
Religion is really frustrating africans. The time you used in typing this epistle is the same time an asian kid used to invent something useful that an intellectually lazy and overly religious african like you would spend money to purchase and use. Whereas if you spent precious time in effectual reasoning, you would be utterly useful to yourself and your society.

Please don't resist your salvation. Be honest and humble to admit you need to be saved from sin. Please, this is and pportunity I lost 7 years ago and I am just lucky I got a second chance.
There are forces you cannot see just like EM waves that are operating all around us and in everything we ear. Dangerous codes permeating the air and if you are not properly guided, they get programmed and wired into your soul.

I wouldn't have imagined or believe I could types these words of spiritual entities or witnessing the efficacy of Jesus Christ but I was humbled by Grace.

May Peace and Grace abide with you sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
What are the empirical benefits you enjoy from your "personal relationship with your Creator through daily communion with the Holy spirit" which anyone who doesn't can't have?

One of the most difficult parts of my spiritual growth was Speaking in Tongues. Why?
Because I was too sensual. I supposed I was too intelligent to believe this kind of stuff that I had made fun of.
God had to go to a great length to help me break that my overt-sensuality. Because spiritual things operate by the opposite of sense. They operate by Faith.
And Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is like a bank alert you receive on your phone. You have not touched it but because you trust the bank system, you believe you have it.
That's just the same way Faith operates. It comes by hearing.

Please believe I'm not making this up, and please belive there are forces fighting so hard to keep you in unbelief. Receive Grace to overcome them in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by RussianKGB: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
pressplay411:

Please don't resist your salvation. Be honest and humble to admit you need to be saved from sin. Please, this is and pportunity I lost 7 years ago and I am just lucky I got a second chance.
There are forces you cannot see just like EM waves that are operating all around us and in everything we ear. Dangerous codes permeating the air and if you are not properly guided, they get programmed and wired into your soul.

I wouldn't have imagined or believe I could types these words of spiritual entities or witnessing the efficacy of Jesus Christ but I was humbled by Grace.

May Peace and Grace abide with you sir.

Thank you. But I'll pass on your offer. I see religion is really addictive like an opium. It clouds the senses and it's delusion leaves no room for cognitive, intuitive reasoning. While you're there wasting your time getting worried about what hovers around you or the forces floating like EM waves or whatever around your life, just remember someone is making good use of his time and brain to invent or solve problems that will benefit his society or the world at large. So stop hallucinating and start being useful to yourself and your society.
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
RussianKGB:

Thank you. But I'll pass on your offer. I see religion is really addictive like an opium. It clouds the senses and it's delusion leaves no room for cognitive, intuitive reasoning. While you're there wasting your time getting worried about what hovers around you or the forces floating like EM waves or whatever around your life, just remember someone is making good use of his time and brain to invent or solve problems that will benefit his society or the world at large. So stop hallucinating and start being useful to yourself and your society.

With all the iintelligence, nventions and technological advancement and wealth, have your problems been solved? Trust me, you can't afford to stay carnal.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor. 10:3-5).
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by RussianKGB: 12:16am On Jun 18, 2018
pressplay411:

With all the iintelligence, nventions and technological advancement and wealth, have your problems been solved? Trust me, you can't afford to stay carnal.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor. 10:3-5).

And what "problems" would that be?
You christians are really hilarious. Well it's part of the brainwashing strains. Many never get out of it till the grave.
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by hopefulLandlord: 1:01am On Jun 18, 2018
pressplay411:

One of the most difficult parts of my spiritual growth was Speaking in Tongues. Why?
Because I was too sensual. I supposed I was too intelligent to believe this kind of stuff that I had made fun of.
God had to go to a great length to help me break that my overt-sensuality. Because spiritual things operate by the opposite of sense. They operate by Faith.
And Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is like a bank alert you receive on your phone. You have not touched it but because you trust the bank system, you believe you have it.
That's just the same way Faith operates. It comes by hearing.

Please believe I'm not making this up, and please belive there are forces fighting so hard to keep you in unbelief. Receive Grace to overcome them in Jesus name. Amen.

You said a lot of things without even attempting to answer the question I asked
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 4:15am On Jun 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You said a lot of things without even attempting to answer the question I asked

I've already answerwd that on a previous thread and im sure I mentioned you in it. About Miracles? How God destroyed amd exposed the fetish stuff buried deep in the foundations of my dad's house. And even revealed who planted it there to me.

But the central idea of my response to you is that looking for evidence before you believe is not the way to go. Spiritual things are the opposite, believe first then it becomes a reality, you get your evidence.

I wish I could tell you more, but more importantly I wish you would experience it for yoirself.
I'm particularly curious about you because I think just like me, you just might have a very crucial purpose to fulfill for God.

Only God can reveal our true purpose, only the Creator knows why he created the creation.
Please if you want to keep doubting you will keep having excuses, just attempt give it a shot, I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Peace and Grace be to you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 4:24am On Jun 18, 2018
RussianKGB:

And what "problems" would that be?
You christians are really hilarious. Well it's part of the brainwashing strains. Many never get out of it till the grave.

I wasn't individualising the problems, I mean has scientific amd techmological advancement solve the problems of humanity?
Terrorism, Poverty, Diseases, High rate of Depression amd suicide, Homosexuality, Transexuality, High Divorce rate, etc.

I know it's hard changing one's belieg system especially when the present is pretty ok. But trust me if it's not the true belief system, it's not good enough. You have the opportunity to operate in the realm of the Godlike nature and power you were created to be.
The devil hates this realitu so he reduced us to our body and soul consciousness to keep us at his manipulative level.

I wish you would just choose to believe I'm telling you the truth. Why else will I wake up in the middle of the night responding to a stranger?
I have lost so much for years, I don't know your age but you have the privilege and advantage of not doing the same.

Peace and Grace be with you in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by hopefulLandlord: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2018
pressplay411:

I've already answerwd that on a previous thread and im sure I mentioned you in it. About Miracles? How God destroyed amd exposed the fetish stuff buried deep in the foundations of my dad's house. And even revealed who planted it there to me.
I don't think I saw the thread

But the central idea of my response to you is that looking for evidence before you believe is not the way to go. Spiritual things are the opposite, believe first then it becomes a reality, you get your evidence.
don't you think reverse should be the case? don't you think believing something to be true can make you interpret non evidence as evidence due to confirmation bias? did you believe in islam first and got no evidence then tried Christianity? if Christianity was what you first tried, did you then try to give islam/Hinduism the same trial?
Re: How To Connect To God, Your Creator by pressplay411(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I don't think I saw the thread

don't you think reverse should be the case? don't you think believing something to be true can make you interpret non evidence as evidence due to confirmation bias? did you believe in islam first and got no evidence then tried Christianity? if Christianity was what you first tried, did you then try to give islam/Hinduism the same trial?

I learnt of other religions through the vast library available online and also ex-members who converted to Christianity.
Please read my post on The Truth Vs Religious Deception, and also Religion Is The Enemy.

Peace and Grace be untp you sir.

(1) (Reply)

27 Powerful Bible Verses Against Depression / What You Need To Know About The Gideons / Trending Video Of Members Spraying Pastor With Money During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.