Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Web Hosting In Nigeria: Whogohost Web Hosting Review On Overall Downside Updated - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Hosting In Nigeria: Whogohost Web Hosting Review On Overall Downside Updated (664 Views)

Whogohost:web Hosting Website / How Good Is Zillion King Hosting? Review Needed / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting In Nigeria: Whogohost Web Hosting Review On Overall Downside Updated by naijng: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
We here @ blogincomes.com.ng have decided to write a detailed review of the web hosting company and also to bring to the notice of our readers on the improvements they have made so far in their web hosting services.

The aim of this article is to tell you exactly the point that the web hosting company have made several breathtaking improvements in their services and to equally implore you to try their services this time for a better experience.

Exclusively written by the Blogincomes.com.ng Cheif Editor.
We have written a review on Whogohost Web Hosting and it was as a result of our own personal experience with the hosting company dated back in 2017.

Hence, something happened.

During the course of working with this wonderful Nigerian Web hosting company on the websites of my clients currently this year, I discovered several changes and modifications in their services and I decided to rewrite my review as it has affected several customers who dropped by this way while searching for whogohost reviews.

Without further ADO, I would like to present the latest improvements features in the whogohost hosting company as regards to my former review on the whogohost web hosting review.

Here are the latest improvements with whogohost web hosting company and I sincerely endorse this:

1. Blacklist of IPs and Emails

The security of our clients is paramount to us.

To better protect our clients, we have several layers of security systems in place. One of such protects users from brute-force attacks (which happens when someone keeps trying wrong passwords until he gets it right) by blocking IPs that attempt too many time to log into services such as cPanel, email, etc.

We realized, from client feedback, that some of our clients were getting blocked. We also discovered that some users who use Outlook configure wrong login details. Since Outlook keeps retrying whenever it cannot gain access, this in effect blocks such users from accessing their emails.

We have since made adjustments to the rules and we will keep monitoring.

I seriously accept this changes they said they made as it is that I started working with several of my clients on my website just not quite too long and they all reported the better user experience with their services currently.

2. Website redirection

In the past, a hosting account had to have a dedicated IP before SSL could be installed on it. Due to the scarcity of IPv4 addresses, cPanel started allowing the installation of SSL certificates on shared IPs.

This, however, came with a drawback. If a domain, xyz.com for instance, is the first domain to get an SSL certificate, then other domains without SSL will load xyz.com when they are accessed using https. This is because of how SSL is configured. The only option such users had was to purchase SSL.

This is no longer an issue. Since we offer free SSL with all our web hosting plans, every site loads its own content with https.

I have tried and confirmed this particular claim to be true owing to the fact that one of my websites www.kabsedo.com which was hosted on whogohost.com earlier this year have never experienced the auto-redirection issues as I could presume, this is an issue that has been dealt with by the web hosting company.

3. Server downtime

We currently have a 24/7 customer support team which include server administrators that monitor the health of all our servers. We have tools in place that monitor downtime and issues round the clock and we take action on the rare occasion that there are issues.

We also have a status page, status.whogohost.com, that details whenever there are issues and steps being taken to respond to these. We also recently got Spencer Candland, former VP Infrastructure at Bluehost, on board our team to help us optimize our infrastructure - https://blog.whogohost.com/whogohost-inc-adds-bluehost-vp-board/.

The details described above shows the attention we have placed in ensuring that our servers are optimized and always running. We had issues last year that affected two of our servers, which prompted us to take several steps to ensure stability across our infrastructure. I suspect that the downtime being reported here are account related and not server related, or IPs of clients getting blocked as described above.

Whichever the case, our team is always available to assist clients who may have issues with their sites.

This I accept a hundred times over.

Currently, to my affiliate, I do employ the services of the whogohost web hosting customers service and they reply almost immediately as I initiated my phone calls or emails.

So this is a huge addition to their improvements.

4 . Data loss and backup

We have invested heavily in keeping backups of all web hosting data to ensure that this data is available to clients when needed. I must state here that we don't keep backups indefinitely.

We only keep backups of active and suspended accounts. After an account is suspended due to overdue payment, we inform the client of the risk of losing the data if the account gets terminated. The suspended account gets terminated up to 30 days later. After that, the backup data is overwritten during the next backup cycle.

We offer other premium backup solutions to customers who want to have better control over their backups.

I have tried and confirmed this particular claim to be true owing to the fact that one of my websites www.kabsedo.com which was hosted on whogohost.com earlier this year have never experienced the data loss and backup issues as I could presume, this is an issue that has been dealt with by the web hosting company.

5. Lack of technical staffers

We have also invested heavily in training our team, especially in recent months, with the inclusion of Spencer on our team. We have standardized our processes and have an escalation process. We currently manage our entire operations internally, including infrastructure.

We also have internal processes to handle technical requests of clients. We also have Quality Assurance in place to review complaints and feedback from our clients.

I have tried and confirmed this particular claim to be true owing to the fact that one of my websites www.kabsedo.com which was hosted on whogohost.com earlier this year have never experienced the substandard staff's issues as I could presume, this is an issue that has been dealt with by the web hosting company.

I equally presume these improvements have extended to every service offered by whogohost web hosting company as their customer care services equally improved in interaction and good grammar structure while making conversation.

Final words From Whogohost web hosting company

We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best and we will keep working to do just that. We are also willing to respond to any questions or comments.

Thank you

Wrap up

I will still vouch for whogohost.com as the best hosting company in Nigeria as it is that they do address their downsides and equally work too hard to make sure that their customers experience the best.

If you wish to start a website or move to a better hosting, I highly recommend using whogohost for both Nigerian and non-Nigerian website owners as their services have tremendously increased and improved.

You can use our above affiliate banner and give us a headstart bonus.

Visit http://blogincomes.com.ng/15/06/2018/web-hosting-in-n…updated-for-2018/2717// ‎ for more updates
Re: Web Hosting In Nigeria: Whogohost Web Hosting Review On Overall Downside Updated by KoladeKoded(m): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
WhoGoHost is one of the leading web hosting providers in Nigeria. You’ll find out more in this WhoGoHost Review. They have a robust range of web services from website hosting to domain registration at affordable prices packaged with an efficient support team and a seamless payment process.

Their track record has been wonderful powering so many big Nigerian brands like GTBank, OAU. They offer even more variety of services like some global hosting companies like NameCheap, BlueHost, and GoDaddy.

Enough of the hype already, let’s get down to why I choose WhoGoHost as a leading and Best Nigerian Hosting Provider for your website.

Read More Here >>> https://www.theaffiliateplug.com/whogohost-review-best-nigerian-hosting-company-for-your--website-blog/

(1) (Reply)

I Have An Internet Idea But Don't Know Create A Website / Can I Operate On Admob And Adsense Seperately With Same Payee Name / Get Your Own Domain With A Free Trial And Other Special Offers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.