Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Kizz Daniel Ft. Wizkid – For You Was Just An Over Hyped Song – Lekzyloaded - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kizz Daniel Ft. Wizkid – For You Was Just An Over Hyped Song – Lekzyloaded (395 Views)

Davido Congratulates Wizkid For Selling Out 02arena!! / “I Love You Bro” — Davido To Wizkid For Bringing Him Out On Stage At His Concert / Wizkid: For Missing Banky W's Weddings, Angry Fans Blast Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel Ft. Wizkid – For You Was Just An Over Hyped Song – Lekzyloaded by sirlekzy: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
BY @ŁEKZYLOADED

If Wizkid is the king of Afro-pop music, then Kizz Daniel is the next in line, going by word on the street. Now that the two royalties have combined efforts on a song titled For You and below is Lekzyloaded’s opinion of the song.

A Wiz-Kiz collaboration has been a thing of imagination for many years. At some point, it started to feel like it would never happen, like those thoughts that we imagine but never get to experience. It was like a holy grail.

In my head, it sounded perfect – a Kizz Daniel composition and a Wizkid finishing touch. I imagined it to be more than just a hit song, more than just a chart-topper but a material to reference in the future – in the days when Wizkid and Kizz Daniel would be spoken of as legends; and their exploits spoken of in lore talks.

For You, however, wasn’t what I imagined. In fact, it’s a super pack of surprises, from the sound to the theme and the general concept. Any of the trendy commercial sounds could have been adopted but the duo went for a less energy-demanding and more groovy sound template that allows the song simple melodies and a good bounce pattern such that it creates an atmosphere for passion and pleasure.

It’s almost like Come Closer all over again but for the theme that’s more emotive and the verbal expressions from Kizz and Wiz that sound more like the truth. Love feels so painless and assuring when it is professed as Kizz did, especially when promises are made. “Baby please don’t make me choose between you and my goons/Omo I will go for you,” are words that can plant faith in the heart of even the most doubtful lover. If anyone would take your girl from you forever, it’s Kizz Daniel. He knows the right words to feed a hungry heart.

With all of the beautiful elements of For You, it isn’t what many would have imagined for a Wizkid-Kizz Daniel duet. It sounds like something Drake would put out. It is more western than Afro-pop tuned. It could have been a fast-tempo pop material like Yeba or a song full of vibes like Soco but no, it is basically groove and bouncing pop sounds which might be the reason some fans’d struggle to tune to it. But works of art stuffed with surprises and veiled beauty are known to grow in essence and it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if For You turns out to have such effect, even on people who had initial doubts about the song.

What’s your own opinion about the song?

Does it really meet the hype?

Drop your comments.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/entertainment/lkl-music-review-kizz-daniel-ft-wizkid-for-you-was-just-an-over-hyped-song-and-does-not-meet-up-our-expectations

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Re: Kizz Daniel Ft. Wizkid – For You Was Just An Over Hyped Song – Lekzyloaded by GloriaNinja(f): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
undecided WORDS COMING FROM A JEALOUS NIGGGA WITH NO CAREER...WIZKID IS THE BEST African Musician currently

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Artiste Kirk Franklin Reveals Why His Sister Got Sentenced 30years Impris / ''I Give Out Money To Help Others Not Show Off''- Actor, Woli Arole Angrily Says / I Learnt Of My Dad’s Abduction Few Hours Before Argentina Game - Mikel Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.