Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Do I Deal With These Aunties? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Deal With These Aunties? (699 Views)

How To Deal With Negative People In Your Life / How Do You Manage Difficult Aunties? / How I Deal With People Who Want Information On My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by findingmyself18: 6:03am On Jun 19, 2018
aunties who are family friends and church members

they ask me everything about my life
they want to know when im getting married, when i will graduate, where i work, every detail about my life (to gossip and compare my own progress to theirs or their childrens progress)

how do i deal with them? without being rude?

thanks
im 25
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by Iruobean(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2018
Are u a boy or a girl? Let's start from there.
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by findingmyself18: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2018
a woman thank you sir

Iruobean:
Are u a boy or a girl? Let's start from there.
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by dingbang(m): 6:08am On Jun 19, 2018
findingmyself18:
a woman thank you sir

where do you stay
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by youngest85(m): 6:11am On Jun 19, 2018
You are jobless that is why you have time to answer them

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by findingmyself18: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2018
the uk

answer my q

dingbang:
where do you stay
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by findingmyself18: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2018
im enjoying uk life whilst u r suffering under buhari, you obwanjay

youngest85:
You are jobless that is why you have time to answer them
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by Abbeysunday(m): 6:32am On Jun 19, 2018
This kind of people the best thing to do is give them a one word answer and avoid smiling with dem

Since u don't wanna be rude,the only reason they kip asking u those questions is bcuz they know u are friendly and wud answer....start giving dem attitude and see how dey will develop brain
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by findingmyself18: 6:40am On Jun 19, 2018
thanks!! good advice eheennn keep it comin

what if i tell them dont worry about it?

Abbeysunday:
This kind of people the best thing to do is give them a one word answer and avoid smiling with dem

Since u don't wanna be rude,the only reason they kip asking u those questions is bcuz they know u are friendly and wud answer....start giving dem attitude and see how dey will develop brain
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by youngest85(m): 6:54am On Jun 19, 2018
findingmyself18:
im enjoying uk life whilst u r suffering under buhari, you obwanjay

But you are still jobless.... grin
Re: How Do I Deal With These Aunties? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
findingmyself18:
aunties who are family friends and church members

they ask me everything about my life
they want to know when im getting married, when i will graduate, where i work, every detail about my life (to gossip and compare my own progress to theirs or their childrens progress)

how do i deal with them? without being rude?

thanks
im 25

Just if I could add my 2 cents...
Over the years of my existence, I tend to think that people just don't really know how to converse with each other.
Perhaps all the "aunties" know what to say is to ask those questions.
Maybe they really don't mean any harm and don't know what else to say to you.
I totally get where you're coming from cause I've experienced and still experience it to this day.
I used to get bothered by those questions..but there is a way to politely steer the conversation in another direction if you feel uncomfortable answering. Or you could answer maybe (1-2) of the questions and then reverse the conversation over to them.
Hug them, tell them "I'm blessed," and keep it moving
don't think saying, "Don't worry about it," is the best approach...lol.

(1) (Reply)

Human Genetics_africa_southern Africa_khoisan / Yoruba Oba Ilorin Descendants / Strictly For Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.