Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,004 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa (4796 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Super Eagles Miss Flight To South-Africa / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by cold(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2010
South Africa Embassy queries NFF’s bogus list
…Denies FA chairmen visa

South Africa Embassy officials in Nigeria are amazed by the number of passports sent to them by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for visas. The Embassy authorities have queried what over 200 people would be doing in South Africa as delegates from Nigeria’s FA, and have subsequently denied most of them entry visas to watch the World Cup.

Daily Sunsports check revealed that officials of the embassy were shocked that in addition to executive members of the NFF, Football Association bosses in the 36 states of the federation and Abuja were included in the list of delegates, and wondered if they were going for a jamboree or for a World Cup.

They wondered why different committees were set up by several people listed as members for the World Cup when they are not the ones hosting the Mundial.

Stakeholders had queried the rational behind taking the 36 FA chairmen from all the states in the federation and Abuja to South Africa, but the football house never defended its action.

Aggrieved members of the public had reasoned that the forthcoming elections into the executive board of the NFF was behind the decision to take all the FA chairmen to the World Cup as a way of luring them to do their bidding when the election holds.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Supporters Club did not have it easy with the South Africa Embassy officials, as they drastically cut the number of the members wishing to be part of the club at the Mundial.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/june/04/sportsbreak-04-06-2010-001.htm
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2010
10k God!!

Its always been a jamboree for d NFF.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Olaolufred(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2010
God bless South Africa Embassy.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2010
And they should not forget to blacklist these passports too.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2010
honeric01:

And they should not forget to blacklist these passports too.

YES!!!

Imagine!! r we d onli country on d continent
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by honeric01(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
i wonder oo angry
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by 12large: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
why are you guys such a hater, are they not human beings like us what is wrong in them going to world cup. this is the first world cup in africa so it is not wrong for them to go, afterall if you were in their shoes you might do the same. south africa embasseys are stupid do they think that the nff champions don't have a job or they think they would run away. nigerians are such a hater if you ask most people on this forum thy would tell you that they also wanted to go to world cup but they don't have money
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2010
12large:

why are you guys such a hater, are they not human beings like us what is wrong in them going to world cup. this is the first world cup in africa so it is not wrong for them to go, afterall if you were in their shoes you might do the same. south africa embasseys are silly do they think that the nff champions don't have a job or they think they would run away. nigerians are such a hater if you ask most people on this forum thy would tell you that they also wanted to go to world cup but they don't have money

hehehehe. . . i laff in ijebu lang
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by kobikwelu(m): 12:33am On Jun 05, 2010

why are you guys such a hater, are they not human beings like us what is wrong in them going to world cup. this is the first world cup in africa so it is not wrong for them to go, afterall if you were in their shoes you might do the same. south africa embasseys are silly do they think that the nff champions don't have a job or they think they would run away. nigerians are such a hater if you ask most people on this forum thy would tell you that they also wanted to go to world cup but they don't have money

12 large,
u just dont get it do u??

what are 200 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked delegates going to do there??

are we the only team in southafrica? angry angry angry angry angry angry

why must we always embarrass ourselves and show how primitive we are to the outside world

why cant these so called delegates apply for their 1 month visa like evEry other person,

even if it is the only world cup left on the planet, THEY SHOULD APPLY LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON!!!!!

AND LEAVE THE real DELEGATES to attend

can u imagine, 36 state FA chairmen angry angry angry angry angry
HOW EMBARRASSING
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by IbrahimB: 12:48am On Jun 05, 2010
Nigeria is just different
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by snowdrops(m): 12:59am On Jun 05, 2010
we should create our own planet and live there. Nigeria is beyond imagination.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by CarlosVent(m): 1:03am On Jun 05, 2010
dats nice.
let dem watch it with nepa and see hw we feel
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by santony2k(m): 1:29am On Jun 05, 2010
But sorry oh fellow Nairalanders,
what is the difference between a delegates visa and a regular tourist visa? The rationale behind the denial is biased though because if they were denied a delegates visa are they also ineligible for a regular visa to visit South Africa? I don't think there is anything special in SA for these guys because Nigeria is where the money's at.
This is just pure f*ckery on the part of SA embassy wanting to show levels. All the FA Chairmen will be in SA come worldcup one way or the other.

P.S. Does delegate visa come with free ticket or do we still have to pay for them, thats what we should be worried about? Box seat at the world cup for >36 ppl unnecessarily.

My 2 cents
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by ladej(m): 1:50am On Jun 05, 2010
santony2k:

But sorry oh fellow Nairalanders,
what is the difference between a delegates visa and a regular tourist visa? The rationale behind the denial is biased though because if they were denied a delegates visa are they also ineligible for a regular visa to visit South Africa? I don't think there is anything special in SA for these guys because Nigeria is where the money's at.
This is just pure f*ckery on the part of SA embassy wanting to show levels. All the FA Chairmen will be in SA come worldcup one way or the other.

P.S. Does delegate visa come with free ticket or do we still have to pay for them, thats what we should be worried about? Box seat at the world cup for >36 ppl unnecessarily.

My 2 cents
its not fuckery. i actually applaud the decision. we all know that its a ploy for them to go on holiday and use estacode indiscriminately, without adding value to the tournament in any shape, manner, form or way. once again good decision
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 2:07am On Jun 05, 2010
snowdrops:

we should create our own planet and live there. Nigeria is beyond imagination.

hehehehe. . .guy lemme sleep now.
Ur comment got me roflmfao. . .hahahahaha
bwouhahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:12am On Jun 05, 2010
200 delegates haba! i bet out of the 200 delegates, i will be shocked if a hundred of them agrees to come back from south africa. grin
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by proudly9ja(m): 2:38am On Jun 05, 2010
I can't even believe anyone will support this impudence from the NFF. Don't you guys realise that they are going with tax payers' money?

I am even angry we had to wait for the SA embassy to deny them visa. Nigerians should be on the streets in front of the glass house screaming blue murder!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by ADint(m): 4:03am On Jun 05, 2010
I don't think it is the South African Embassy's place to question why NFF is going to the world cup with a 200 man delegation, unless there is a cap on delegate numbers from Football Federations across the whole 32 teams participating. Any football federation should be able to go with any number of permitted delegates it likes. They wouldn't question the Brazilian or US Football Federation about that would they?

As indicated from the news item above this will mainly be, if not exclusively govt. officials from the 36 state federations and the NFF HQ, so unlikely they would abscond in SA.

We Nigerians are rightly appalled at the huge no. going because of the expense this will involve, but that should not be any of the SA embassy's business.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by cold(m): 4:14am On Jun 05, 2010
ADint:

I don't think it is the South African Embassy's place to question why NFF is going to the world cup with a 200 man delegation, unless there is a cap on delegate numbers from Football Federations across the whole 32 teams participating. Any football federation should be able to go with any number of permitted delegates it likes. They wouldn't question the Brazilian or US Football Federation about that would they?

As indicated from the news item above this will mainly be, if not exclusively govt. officials from the 36 state federations and the NFF HQ, so unlikely they would abscond in SA.

We Nigerians are rightly appalled at the huge no. going because of the expense this will involve, but that should not be any of the SA embassy's business.
These countries you mentioned will not subject themselves to such ridicule,they know better than that.Nigeria is just a joke.There is no basis for this,this is utter rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by davidif: 4:20am On Jun 05, 2010
This does not make sense, a lot of tickets have not even been sold yet, wouldn't it be rational to allow this people in?

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Supporters Club did not have it easy with the South Africa Embassy officials, as they drastically cut the number of the members wishing to be part of the club at the Mundial.

Why are they cutting the number of supporters? This is wrong! Absolutely wrong!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by negus: 6:41am On Jun 05, 2010
poverty of the mind. as respectable as they claim to be in the society, only a trip to SA will make them cast their vote for the wrong one. them go run down
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Ranoscky(m): 6:57am On Jun 05, 2010
@12Large, i want ask u on question. . .shey u dey naija, abi u dey yonder?

y u see such matter, u stil dey course S.A embessy for refusin to issue dem visa, abi u no know wetin dey?

shey na today u start to dey no naija logic of travelin? abi u think say na all doz pipu b Naija officials?

if all naija officials dey 200, den how many surporter's club fans go dey? . . . guy make u large ur eye well-well

dis is naija 4 u, NFF has colected some money from some naija guys dat want's to cut-out and dey'll add dem dia as

naija officials, wen dey get to S.A, after d tounament dey'll find dia way. daz d logic if u don't know. . . ROGER THAT!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by naijaking1: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2010
ADint:

Your perspective is one reason why Nigeria is backwards and would forever remain so, unless such stupidity is somehow removed. You mix your logic with some underserved sense of pride, self adulation, while ignoring basic rules of the game.

Nigeria and Nigeria alone arrived this game 202 officials, more than any other country in the World, and you tell me there's nothing wrong with the picture
Your next line of argument is that even if there's something wrong, it's not in SA's place to point it out and possibly enforce it? Nothing surprising coming from a typical Nigerian that has been rendered impotence by his own personal sense of helpless, and hopelesslness.

After all, we have come to stay 3 weeks without power, months and years without running water, don't even talk about about other amenities the goverment was supposed to be taking care of. We lack these things, miss them, then we assume a sense of peace and tranquility in their abscence---we forget what the default position ought to be. We forgot so much, that we even become ironically and delusionally happy, so happy that we rank among one of the "happiest" conuntries in the world. We're happy, because we have somehow managed to live in 2010 as if 1910.

Well my friend, the bad news for you is that other countries are really moving on, despite our own retrospective steps back into antiquity.

Nigerians who want to attend the game from the states, the private, and public organisations should pay full price for it. If we happhily allow them to r*ape us left and right and through corruption in this country, why are you angry that SA wouldn't turn around for the same corrupt Nigerian officials to do the same thing they do to us here at home?

We are not talking about players and real team support members who would actually make a difference in our tournament success or failure in SA. For every rogue Nigerian official snicking into SA, a genuine Nigerian player suffers directly or indirectly, just think about it.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 05, 2010
in other news our eagles are being shuttered around in dilapidated cargo planes , being paid $200 daily allowance and have no advance hotel bookings. . . .
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Ranoscky(m): 7:24am On Jun 05, 2010
Nna mehn, i read 12large post, i think say na only him no code y so called 200 officials r going to S.A, i no know say

some peeps sef no ja si. make una dey use una head abeg, naija officials dia no go pass 100 sef, and na if at-all

dem go reach 100, other's na ordinary naija guys wey settle NFF officials to cut-out from dia na, y r we so dull

brained to code wit dis simple wayo wey officials wan do? abi no b naija we dey again? . . .omo ehn, i weak o.

daz y we stil dey complain for d ojoro wey emptyN dey do us, and we know dia way, but stil we dey fall mugu!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by chidichris(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2010
the truth is that these so-called leadership class know too well that they have converted nigeria to a hell on earth and are always looking for the slightest reason to run out of the country to enjoy their loots.
south african embassy is aware of how uncomfortable nigeria is to live in so allowing those guys into the pleasures of south africa will be one big favour hence they did well in denying them that favour.

@12large,
u are very very uninformed.
u do not know what it means to be in south africa as a nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by ADint(m): 10:03am On Jun 05, 2010
naijaking1:

Quote from: ADint on Today at 04:03:41 AM

Your perspective is one reason why Nigeria is backwards and would forever remain so, unless such stupidity is somehow removed. You mix your logic with some underserved sense of pride, self adulation, while ignoring basic rules of the game.

Nigeria and Nigeria alone arrived this game 202 officials, more than any other country in the World, and you tell me there's nothing wrong with the picture
Your next line of argument is that even if there's something wrong, it's not in SA's place to point it out and possibly enforce it? Nothing surprising coming from a typical Nigerian that has been rendered impotence by his own personal sense of helpless, and hopelesslness.

After all, we have come to stay 3 weeks without power, months and years without running water, don't even talk about about other amenities the goverment was supposed to be taking care of. We lack these things, miss them, then we assume a sense of peace and tranquility in their abscence---we forget what the default position ought to be. We forgot so much, that we even become ironically and delusionally happy, so happy that we rank among one of the "happiest" conuntries in the world. We're happy, because we have somehow managed to live in 2010 as if 1910.

Well my friend, the bad news for you is that other countries are really moving on, despite our own retrospective steps back into antiquity.

Nigerians who want to attend the game from the states, the private, and public organisations should pay full price for it. If we happhily allow them to r*ape us left and right and through corruption in this country, why are you angry that SA wouldn't turn around for the same corrupt Nigerian officials to do the same thing they do to us here at home?

We are not talking about players and real team support members who would actually make a difference in our tournament success or failure in SA. For every rogue Nigerian official snicking into SA, a genuine Nigerian player suffers directly or indirectly, just think about it.

Naijaking1 it would have done you well if you read my post carefully and approached this logically.

The Issues here are:

Is there a cap on the number of delegates a Football Federation can bring? If the answer is NO then why is the SA Embassy putting a cap on the Nigerian delegation?

Most people here including myself agree that this is quite a large contingent because we realise that the cost would be enormous and be borne by the Govt., but what has that got to do with the SA Embassy?

If there is no cap or this figure (200) is within the maximum limit, what then is their reason for refusing the visas? (the cost of the trip to Nigeria NOT been a valid reason!). Like I stated earlier, if any other FF amongst the other 31 decide to take this same number of delegates, would the SA embassy refuse them simply because of the cost involved?

If those NFF officials that were refused amongst the 200, decide to sponsor themselves, would the SA embassy now turn around and issue them with visas? – Not likely as we have seen with the Supporters Club.

This is an internal issue for the Nigerian people, the Senate or Reps to take up. The SA Govt. and other Foreign Govts. for that matter don’t question why we are spending billions, for instance when we printed the 2007 election materials in South Africa or the Nigerian Govt. buys a fleet of the most expensive cars from Germany or Japan.

So has the SA Embassy/Govt. suddenly developed unending love for Nigerians and have become social crusaders on our behalf?

Naijaking1, you may disagree with what I have posted here and on other threads (that is your right), but don’t turn it personal and resort to being rude and disrespectful.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by naijaking1: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2010
ADint:

Naijaking1 it would have done you well if you read my post carefully and approached this logically.

The Issues here are:

Is there a cap on the number of delegates a Football Federation can bring? If the answer is NO then why is the SA Embassy putting a cap on the Nigerian delegation?

Most people here including myself agree that this is quite a large contingent because we realise that the cost would be enormous and be borne by the Govt., but what has that got to do with the SA Embassy?

If there is no cap or this figure (200) is within the maximum limit, what then is their reason for refusing the visas? (the cost of the trip to Nigeria NOT been a valid reason!). Like I stated earlier, if any other FF amongst the other 31 decide to take this same number of delegates, would the SA embassy refuse them simply because of the cost involved?

If those NFF officials that were refused amongst the 200, decide to sponsor themselves, would the SA embassy now turn around and issue them with visas? – Not likely as we have seen with the Supporters Club.

This is an internal issue for the Nigerian people, the Senate or Reps to take up. The SA Govt. and other Foreign Govts. for that matter don’t question why we are spending billions, for instance when we printed the 2007 election materials in South Africa or the Nigerian Govt. buys a fleet of the most expensive cars from Germany or Japan.

So has the SA Embassy/Govt. suddenly developed unending love for Nigerians and have become social crusaders on our behalf?

Naijaking1, you may disagree with what I have posted here and on other threads (that is your right), but don’t turn it personal and resort to being rude and disrespectful.

There is a cap. That cap is called common sense.
This is not like the Olympics where some countries participate in almost every event and subsequently arrive with large number of delegates/participants, this is simply soccer.
With 22-member team, a few officials, etc, why on this green planet would a country send 202 officials to "officiate" 22 players
Only if we're talking about Nigeria angry
Your point about what SA could or could not do with this overflowing bus-load of corrupt Nigerian officials missed the marked, because the issue is not about whether SA care about us or not. It should be about whether we care for ourselves, begininng right from home. Nothing personal.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 10:28am On Jun 05, 2010
^^they prolly put a cap on it 'cos of d absurdity of d situation at hand!!

Why would we take 200 officials to SA under d pretense that they're world cup contingents??

Its d right thing 2 do
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by mustafar1: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2010
we would be shocked when we actually find out that thats the review list of 200. if it was the original list, wives and girlfriends were on there. oh and a few pikins too.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by martinosi: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2010
The South African Embassy should behave themselves, thats bullshi***t, if 200 delegates
want to go they should stamp their visa's, lol!!!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2010
^^its not funny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favourite Football Commentator ? / Ahmed Musa And Ali Nuhu / Betdey(betdey.com) Is A Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.