Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives (30720 Views)

3 Months Pregnancy / Woman Celebrates Her Quadruplets At 6 Months (Photos) / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by damiloladuke: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2018
A Nigerian father in the UK has been left to bring up his daughter alone after his wife died while six months pregnant - but her baby was delivered alive.

Emmanuel Olubayo could only watch helplessly as Emma, a nursing team leader, collapsed from an undetected heart defect and died in the home they shared in Leicestershire.

Paramedics tried for an hour to resuscitate the 41-year-old before performing a rare posthumous delivery.

They carried out an emergency Caesarean section on the living room floor last November.

The couple's baby girl Aretha was delivered alive then taken to hospital.

Emmanuel said he was shocked to become a father and a widower on the same day.

The 35-year-old education consultant said:

“It is hard and I don’t really know how I am coping as single dad but I am.

“I have to be strong for Aretha. One day I will tell her all about her mother and how wonderful she was.”

He said he believed his wife of eight months, whose heart suddenly stopped, had battled on to give their daughter Aretha the chance to live.

Aretha was born 10 weeks prematurely and was taken to hospital where she was cared for by members of the team that Emma led – the critical care outreach team which covers Glenfield Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary and Leicester General Hospital.

Emmanuel, who was living in Birmingham, told how he and Emma fell in love after meeting in an internet dating chat room.

“I knew when I started chatting to Emma online that she was special," he said. "We had an immediate connection.

“We got on really well and arranged to meet after three weeks chatting.”

The pair had their first date at the Parcel Yard pub in Leicester in May 2016.

Emmanuel said:

“I caught a train after work and we met at about 7pm. We did not want the night to end and I caught the last train home to Birmingham. The evening had flown by and we talked about everything and nothing.

We could not wait to see each other and were in contact all the time from that night on. It was as if we were meant to be together.”

The romance blossomed as Emma travelled to Birmingham and Emmanuel came to Leicester to see each other.

In December 2016 – seven months after they first chatted online – Emmanuel popped the question.

“We were out for meal in Birmingham when I got down on one knee in the restaurant," he said.

“I gave Emma a sapphire ring and asked her to marry me. She said yes and was ecstatic. Everyone cheered. It was beautiful.”

The pair married in Birmingham in April 2017.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-in-the-uk-loses-wife-at-6-months-pregnancy-baby-survives/

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by izzou(m): 7:02am On Jun 19, 2018
angry

Emmanuel, who was living in Birmingham, told how he and Emma fell in love after meeting in an internet dating chat room

How do people actually fall in love with someone online?

11 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 19, 2018
God will see you thru man.

In my country a 10-month old pregnancy is not guaranteed talk of 6-months old. Thank God they live in a country with a working health care system.
Grow up baby. God is your strength.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by pocohantas(f): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2018
izzou:
angry

How do people actually fall in love with someone online?

Same way I am in love with you...
I can't even explain it.
But since you asked, I just have to tell.
And I need you to be rest assured I mean what I say,
'cos I only say the things I mean.

Alright...*testing 1,2...sound check, pickup line check.

RIP to the woman. It is a sad one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2018
So touching story cry
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Thegamingorca(m): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2018
pocohantas:

Same way I am in love with you...
I can't even explain it.
But since you asked, I just have to tell.
And I need you to be rest assured I mean what I say,
'cos I only say the things I mean.

Alright...*testing 1,2...sound check, pickup line check cheesy*

Send

N
U
D
E
S
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Jun 19, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Send

N
U
D
E
S

I just dey look you

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Thegamingorca(m): 7:42am On Jun 19, 2018
pocohantas:

I just dey look you

grin what's with the Nigerian flag.

The nigga sold his house to go to Russia world cup grin

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by pocohantas(f): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2018
Thegamingorca:

grin what's with the Nigerian flag.
The nigga sold his house to go to Russia world cup grin

LOL. E fit be o cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by izzou(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2018
pocohantas:

RIP to the woman. It is a sad one.

shocked
It's so so sad.....

Someone was asking for your nudes
Don't send it to him angry

Send it to me first cool
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by CertifiedA: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2018
cry
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2018
Z
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2018
WHO KILLED HER?
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Houseofglam7(f): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2018
cry
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by GrammarCheck: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2018
PurplePatch:
God will see you thru man.

In my country a 10-month old pregnancy is not guaranteed talk of 6-months old. Thank God they live in a country with a working health care system.
Grow up baby. God is your strength.

Even after the mother had died. They still delivered the child.

Posthumous CS.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Lexusgs430: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2018
41 and pregnant? A wrong combination.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by GrammarCheck: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:
41 and pregnant? A wrong combination.....

First pregnancy again for that matter..
But who you go blame na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by GrammarCheck: 11:26am On Jun 19, 2018
SheikhMuniru:
WHO KILLED HER?

Emmanuel's village people

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Lexusgs430: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2018
GrammarCheck:

But who you go blame na?

My Oga if you ask me, who I go ask? This matter you see so, e heavy 4 mouth.....
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Lexusgs430: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2018
GrammarCheck:

But who you go blame na?

Lesson to our ladies....... Make hay while the sun shines....

Stop spending your time slaying, oloshoing and friendzoning.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Dripy(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2018
I lost a 7 month old baby to the nonsense healthcare system of Nigeria. My heart still bleeds whenever I remember 25th of October 2017. When are we gonna get things right in Nigeria? imagine delivering a baby from a dead woman; doctors in Nigeria would have buried both of them without checking.

15 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by anny268(f): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2018
izzou:

shocked
It's so so sad.....

Someone was asking for your nudes
Don't send it to him angry

Send it to me first cool
Una no go kill person with laugh for this Nairaland... Lmaoo

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by izzou(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2018
anny268:
Una no go kill person with laugh for this Nairaland... Lmaoo

grin grin grin
Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by SURElee(f): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2018
Dripy:
I lost a 7 month old baby to the nonsense healthcare system of Nigeria. My heart still bleeds whenever I remember 25th of October 2017. When are we gonna get things right in Nigeria? imagine delivering a baby from a dead woman; doctors in Nigeria would have buried both of them without checking.

So sorry dear, thank God you are alive to have more babies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by izzou(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2018
Dripy:

So sorry bro sad

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Tonymario58: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2018
Dripy:

You lack wisdom,
Ask God for it

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Yinxies(f): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2018
I hear someone saying 41 and first pregnancy... How is that the cause of her death? Please enligthen me

9 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by dionysus7: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2018
some mor0ns will still come on here and say "its God's work blah blah," "don't tell me there's no god nonsense"

here is a thought ...the level of healthcare system in a country determines the number of people "god" saves from death.

great thing you were in the UK fellow countryman..if you were here, you'd have been hearing stories like "god probably did you a good thing by killing your wife and child". mor0ns still wont think why its better for a supposed omnipotent god to save your wife and child.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by Tonymario58: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2018
Yinxies:
I hear someone saying 41 and first pregnancy... How is that the cause of her death? Please enligthen me
Are you 41?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by itiswellandwell: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2018
Beautiful baby.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives by bewla(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2018
i

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / 62-Year-Old Man And 57-Year-Old Deaconess Owoade Welcome Their First Child / Husband Of Egopersonified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.