Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed (51653 Views)

See Pictures Of How And Where The Goden FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Manufactured / How FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Made In Italy (Photos) / The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Coming To Naija Tomorrow! Are You #readyfor It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by sincerlyyo(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Can it be sold ? No i guess, so it is priceless but worthy.

maol27:
In the 2018 FIFA World Cup taking place in Russia, 32 soccer teams with some of the world's highest paid athletes will be vying for an esteemed prize: the FIFA World Cup Trophy.

The World Cup trophy, specially created by Italian artist Silvio Gazzaniga, is worth an estimated $20 million, according to USA Today.

First designed and crafted by Gazzaniga in 1974, the same trophy is awarded to the FIFA World Cup winning team every four years.

The trophy, which stands about 14.5 inches tall, is made of 13.5 pounds of 18-carat gold and resembles two athletes raising their arms up in victory while holding up the world. At the end of the World Cup final match, the trophy is presented to the winning team, which then gets its country name engraved on the trophy's base.

FIFA actually first awarded winners the Jules Rimet Cup in 1946, named after the World Cup founder. But following a series of tumultuous events, in which the trophy was hidden during World War II, stolen in England, permanently given to Brazil and stolen again in 1983, FIFA commissioned a new World Cup Trophy — the one that exists today.

Here's how much the FIFA World Cup trophy is worth http://www.sanwomi.com/2018/06/here-how-much-fifa-world-cup-trophy-is.html

Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by bacilus(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
the winner of the world cup actually goes home with $38m
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by Samcoflex75(m): 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
Champions league trophy is evn more expensive
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by feyidamis: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
that is about 7.2 billion in naira
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by charlsecy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
@maol27,
The winner team goes home with at least $38 million. Every loser team, I mean those who lost out in the Group Stage, goes home with at least $8 million.

The trophy is worth about $20 million.

Samcoflex75:
Champions league trophy is evn more expensive
We are talking about the trophy, the materials of the cup itself, not the prizes.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
THE ONE THAT WAS MADE IN ABA WHERE IS IT? IT WAS HANDED OVER TO FIFA IN 1998 WHERE DO THEY PUT IT
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by victorazyvictor(m): 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2018
solochris:
wetin concern nigeria for this news, are we part of the world cup?

One pig says is Nigeria turn to carry World Cup.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by solochris(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
andyomar:
can't you try to cover ur stupidity

Product of a failed marriage, I sight u man
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by magzey: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
AroOkigbo:
Cup wey dem no fit use drink water, dat one na cup?
At last your village pipu have succeeded in panel beating your head. undecided undecided Ndo!
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by Nizox(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
talk2saintify:
shocked
How true?
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by meobizy(f): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
Why is there no picture? Nairalanders are not mentally stable. How can you people debate over something lacking photographic representation? I cut cap for una.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by alexmbachu2: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
want to use this medium to let y'all know.. I deal on cars.. be it any brand or year.. nation wide.. brand new cars and direct belguim cars too.. Nigerian used too. like 3,6 months cars.. so you can make your order.. for safety purposes you can trust us on that.. you might want to see for yourself before making payments... number to call 08037471837..can also whatsapp me and call also..
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by Natilolo(m): 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
chuks34:
If you believe that Nigeria will win the world cup raise your hands
now use that hand to knock yourself on the head for believing nonsense grin grin
Oh! I love this country so much, blessed with hilarious minds.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by Natilolo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
chuks34:
If you believe that Nigeria will win the world cup raise your hands
now use that hand to knock yourself on the head for believing nonsense grin grin
Oh! I love this country so much, blessed with hilarious minds. Chuks34 I hail.

1 Like

Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by tafat: 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
wow, thats a lot you know, no wonder every ones wants to win it. i have got to visit betway.ng and stake on which team i believe is gonna win this years world cup.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by salesforce: 1:54am On Jun 20, 2018
oh
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by iluvdonjazzy: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2018
thesicilian:
20million dollars is cool money, but not even enough to sign an average player nowadays.
that's almost the amount C. Ronaldo is going to dash Spain government in the name of tax.
Re: How Much The FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Worth Revealed by wicket16: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Attend Training To Learn WEBSITE DESIGN, VIDEO EDITING, GRAPHICS, MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT For FREE In Ikeja, Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager / Tottenham Star Son Heung-min In Tears After Man City Won Carabao Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.