Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome (5297 Views)

Biggest Regret With Soso Games Of Lagos / Get Your PS4 Digital Games And PS Plus At A Very Cheap Price / PS4 Owners Dilemma With Data Sucking Updates Of Games And Patches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Kaycee7(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lordlestat:

Stop using insultive words
If you can't type like a normal sane individual don't quote me again ..
If gaming has twisted your senses get them right

Calm the hell down gaming Isnt a career, I own every single game you could. Dream to have console and disc but yet I haven't had time to finish up to 10 games but that doesn't mean I should talk like my brains are all.mush

Don't quote me.again if you can't conduct yourself accordingly
Actually, gaming IS a career. Just not in this country
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Kaycee7:
Actually, gaming IS a career. Just not in this country

Obviously, just don't quote me again

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lordlestat:

Shut the fvck up, grandma.

Don't you have a sweater to knit.

You are to old to be acting all gangsta and playing videogames. Go and play sudoku with your neighbours.
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

You are to old to be acting all gangsta and playing videogames. Go and play sudoku with your neighbours.

You are the one hyperventilating over videogames here , whose username is Thegamingorca and whose number is saved as Lorenzo Auditore?

You are tossing words around anyhow it's easy being tough over the internet right?

This isn't gtav or teken be very very careful , don't confuse reality with virtual reality

Abuja is a.small town

This is not a threat just a word of advise I know who you are kiddo

Be warned

No one is anonymous especially when you decide to be rude and abusive

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

This is not a video game I do not take kindly to snort nosed cretins insulting me , but if you actually think I don't know who you are or where you are going ahead

grin

Like I said this isn't a threat this is a Stern earning ..your insults are uncalled for , I don't relate to you or even try to relate to your type who have fried their brain cells with games.

keep off and never quote me again but if you are feeling invincible go ahead

Ask those here who know me, I don't indulge nonsesme

You deleted your account Silkmoth and came.back with this gamingorca nonsense ? I know you from your Bitcoin days you just don't remember.

Candie or should I say UjSizzle warn your boy to behave or I will spank the black out of him bum
But like I said grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Kaycee7(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lordlestat:

There's a perfect solution. Don't post on Nairaland again
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lordlestat:

This is not a video game I do not take kindly to snort nosed cretins insulting me , but if you actually think I don't know who you are or where you are going ahead

grin

Like I said this isn't a threat this is a Stern earning ..your insults are uncalled for , I don't relate to you or even try to relate to your type who have fried their brain cells with games.

keep off and never quote me again but if you are feeling invincible go ahead

Ask those here who know me, I don't indulge nonsesme

You deleted your account Silkmoth and came.back with this gamingorca nonsense ? I know you from your Bitcoin days you just don't remember.

Candie or should I say UjSizzle warn your boy to behave or I will spank the black out of him bum
But like I said grin

This grandma be blowing up smoke trying to scare me. grin

What does it matter if you know that I deleted my former account? Bitch! You ain't thorough.

Knowing me from which Bitcoin days? Bitch, I've been here for much longer.

It's only gamers that will understand fully what lorenzo auditore refers to. But of course you ain't one. grin

Talking about candie like you know where I picked the name from. You as dumb as fvck.

Funny I can play the same game.

Your past nicks and current are

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

And you registered your nick on tc as mind blogger.

This fool also just called asking for games for swap. grin

Come and have this for sale

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

What does it matter if you know that I deleted my former account? Bitch! You ain't thorough.

It's only gamers that will understand fully what lorenzo auditore refers to. But of course you ain't one. grin

Talking about candie like you know where I picked the name from. You as dumb as fvck.

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

I warned your arse didn't I grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

Hahahahahahaa

Let's see how this plays out

Have been.nice enough
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

Sickel cell Yahoo bitch don't take out your health issues on people here but I gonna make you understand a thing or two

I don't judge how people make their funds it's your business why you chose Yahoo but now you are gonna understand a thing or two

I got.your pacifier angry
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

This sickle cell patient said I called him ? Nigga is int efcc

Don't.be running scared yet

You still got that internship to worry about grin

Relax breath easy and wait for it grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

Nigga be waiting iDs that I don't even.understand

Hahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahaha

Wait for it

grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

How.mucj did you scam off your last victim ?

Opps grin

Thief worry not I got you pacifier
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Lestat
Lordlestat
Uchihaitachi

We know how.ypu got those funds 40 20 40 grin

Thief , coitimg cyber fraud and coming here to ask about cars with funds you stole grin

Playing video games won't wash your guilt thief

Efcc gunning for your arse bet on that grin

You know fbi now in Nigeria ??
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin grin

Talking bout efcc like they at your beck and call.

Bitch you don't know me.

Ive got your voice on record grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by crafteck(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
I see kids forming nerds and gamers all on this topic.. To what end... Gaming is nothing but a pass time thing, not something you worship. Get over yourselves, you guys are acting like characters in games and movies and una go still go queue for fuel, hustle day in day out when ur back to reality

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by steevy(m): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lmao, welcome to thegamingorca

Lordlestat:

Stop using insultive words
If you can't type like a normal sane individual don't quote me again ..
If gaming has twisted your senses get them right

Calm the hell down gaming Isnt a career, I own every single game you could. Dream to have console and disc but yet I haven't had time to finish up to 10 games but that doesn't mean I should talk like my brains are all.mush

Don't quote me.again if you can't conduct yourself accordingly
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Rahoof2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:
In Nigeria, very few businesses understand customer care. It is very unfortunate to see many good businesses ruined by poor customer care. And yes, this story I am about to tell is a tale of poor customer care.

Soso Games is a physical and online retail store for videogames and accessories. They usually have okay prices and their delivery is fast if you live in an area close to their physical store in Ikeja. I helped a friend who live around Ikeja to order a game and it came the very next day.

My own problems with this Videogame store started 2 months ago when I ordered a game from this videogame store. I ordered Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 from their online store on Konga. However, it was a different game I received from them the next day- FIFA 2018. To those that know their football games, this is quite an insult- it is like asking for Messi and receiving Ronaldo. Or worse, it is like asking for Chelsea Jersey and receiving Manchester United jersey.

The issue now was to call for them to make a correction with the delivery. I made the call to the store and the staff that answered sounded apologetic but never said the word "sorry". Worse off, I had to keep calling to know when the replacement delivery will arrive as I had work and needed to plan ahead to be available to receive the replacement. Every time I called, the same staff acted as if I was an annoyance. The staff never called me. I had to be the one calling and spending my own credit until they confirmed that the replacement delivery would arrive within the following 2 days (from when I made the call).

The replacement delivery arrived two days later and I was able to exchange the FIFA game for the PES game I originally ordered. But my troubles didnt end there........

Two months later, I wanted to buy a particular videogame called Killzone Shadowfall (aka called Killzone 4). This game came out in 2014. I checked Soso games' website and they had it in stock. I was around Ikeja at the time and so, I felt it would be quicker to buy the game physically from their store in Ogba. There would be no need to wait a day or two for the delivery.

So, I drove down to their store in Ogba. There were two young men as staff in the store but they said that they couldn't sell anything to me as they had a boss that is in charge of the sales. The boss was in the mosque (it was a friday) and so, I had to wait for him. I agreed to wait on the condition that they let me play FIFA on their PS4 in store to kill time. I waited and played FIFA for almost 30 minutes before the boss arrived.

When the boss arrived, he offered no apology for the time i had to wait (I did not take it to heart because I felt that he was worshipping his God). When I then asked for the videogame (Killzone 4), the boss quickly said that the videogame had not been released! I calmly told him that the game was out- which he still disagreed with. I then had to laugh and tell him that the game came out in 2014. He then checked his computer and then saw that it was out. He then tried to claim that i did not pronounce the name of the game right. I told him that I pronounced it right.

It gets worse. He then says that the game is not in stock. I then asked why would they then claim that it is in stock on their website. He didnt answer me. I then told him that this is how his store also delivered the wrong game to me two months ago. His reply was "I can't remember, we have many customers". Note that he didn't say "sorry" after hearing that my order was mixed up.

Not wanting my fuel that I had wasted driving to the store to be in vain, I decided to at least buy a shooter or shooting game (referred to as FPS or First Person Shooter). I asked the guy which first person shooters they have because I was willing to buy any good one. He tells me to check the site (remember that we just established that the site lies about which games they have in stock). I then told him that I would like to see his physical inventory to make up my mind. I wanted to see the games that they held in stock physically. He said that he cannot show me the stock that I have to tell the name of the game that I want to buy. It was at this point that I could take no more and told him that I would buy a game from Jumia or Konga from another retailer. He then quickly ran to his back room to bring some games they had in stock for me to select from.

I bought Call Of Duty WW2 for 17 thousand Naira (the game was actually 16.5k but he told me 17k). I did not have cash and they did not have a POS machine. I asked if they did transfer and yes, they did. I got their account and transferred. I asked the guy to be checking for alert so that I could go once the transfer has been confirmed from my end. The guy was not even checking. I had to constantly remind him until it was confirmed.

It is safe to say that I will not buy anything from SOSO Games again. They have a good business model but an awful customer care. Very unprofessional staff. How can a company that sells videogames have sales staff that know nothing about videogames? The also have no respect for customers. I don't know why Nigerian businesses never train their employees on how to treat customers. This is how Nigerian businesses lose money because I will go back to my old ways of buying games from abroad. I hope other people do not buy stuff from Soso Games so that they will learn.

cc Cao, Lalasticlala

Hope it’s not too late to say SORRY bro. We are very sorry for everything and we take all blame.

Thanks for returning fifa18 for pes18 cos fifa18 is costlier than pes18.

Our price are sometimes better than amazon or anywhere abroad cos by the time u get ur package from abroad, our price here would have been cheaper.( prices of games on release date is diff from 1 week after release)

It’s note easy to maintain online store in Nigeria with all these erratic internet wahala but we are trying our best to keep up the pace.

Good to know that u are running ur own biz locally too, we are in it together to redeem the image of Naija.

We so much appreciate ur concern/complaint. It’s good for business to know the loops to work on.

Thanks,
SosoGameS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by steevy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
It's good knowing you guys apologized. I have seen comments like the one this guy made on various games groups and forums. Gamers appreciate your prices but feel you guys can do a lot more with customer service. Just a positive feedback from the gaming community.

Rahoof2:

Hope it’s not too late to say SORRY bro. We are very sorry for everything and we take all blame.

Thanks for returning fifa18 for pes18 cos fifa18 is costlier than pes18.

Our price are sometimes better than amazon or anywhere abroad cos by the time u get ur package from abroad, our price here would have been cheaper.( prices of games on release date is diff from 1 week after release)

It’s note easy to maintain online store in Nigeria with all these erratic internet wahala but we are trying our best to keep up the pace.

Good to know that u are running ur own biz locally too, we are in it together to redeem the image of Naija.

We so much appreciate ur concern/complaint. It’s good for business to know the loops to work on.

Thanks,
SosoGameS.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
steevy:
It's good knowing you guys apologized. I have seen comments like the one this guy made on various games groups and forums. Gamers appreciate your prices but feel you guys can do a lot more with customer service. Just a positive feedback from the gaming community.

Which one be your own inside? angry

He don talk sorry! angry you want make rahoof enter ground join am?
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2018
for my own case the only mistake i made was to tell them at soso games that the ps3 i was buying from them was the first console i was going to buy with my money and what followed after that was one of the worst experience i had with the same soso games that many people are praising here and i think it boils down to the same issue that the OP is raising here. i ordered for ps3 from thier website and it was delivered to me in kaduna the following day, i was happy because atleast they are living up to the standards many people told me they had. i paid 45k and 3k for transport and also i dint have any chance to test it because when it was delivered to me we dint have light. a few days afterwards i tried playing a cd from the ps3 and then i discovered that the ps3 cd room is broken and when i contacted them thier response wasnt satisfactory. they were telling me that since it is hacked what do i need the cd room for and told them how unhappy i was. the problem dint end there because in less than six month of using the ps3 even with my air conditioner on it overheats and turn itself off and when i took to the engineers in kaduna they confirmed to me that the ps3 has red light issues, it was previously fixed and sold to me because they knew because of the distance involved i cant return to them. i cut my looses and moved on but i will never patronize them or encourage anybody too because of how bad they treaded me. they sold me a dead console at the price of a good one.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
for my own case the only mistake i made was to tell them at soso games that the ps3 i was buying from them was the first console i was going to buy with my money and what followed after that was one of the worst experience i had with the same soso games that many people are praising here and i think it boils down to the same issue that the OP is raising here. i ordered for ps3 from thier website and it was delivered to me in kaduna the following day, i was happy because atleast they are living up to the standards many people told me they had. i paid 45k and 3k for transport and also i dint have any chance to test it because when it was delivered to me we dint have light. a few days afterwards i tried playing a cd from the ps3 and then i discovered that the ps3 cd room is broken and when i contacted them thier response wasnt satisfactory. they were telling me that since it is hacked what do i need the cd room for and told them how unhappy i was. the problem dint end there because in less than six month of using the ps3 even with my air conditioner on it overheats and turn itself off and when i took to the engineers in kaduna they confirmed to me that the ps3 has red light issues, it was previously fixed and sold to me because they knew because of the distance involved i cant return to them. i cut my looses and moved on but i will never patronize them or encourage anybody too because of how bad they treaded me. they sold me a dead console at the price of a good one.

Wow that's sad

Moral of the story never engage in piracy bro , ps3 discs are cheap just get a brand-new console and buy used discs

This is sad indeed

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lordlestat:

Wow that's sad

Moral of the story never engage in piracy bro , ps3 discs are cheap just get a brand-new console and buy used discs

This is sad indeed
maybe you are right but na conditions make crayfish bend. lesson learnt.
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
You ordered for a hacked console. You see why it's not good to go cheapskate.

I won't blame sosogames. I'll blame you for thinking you could cheat nature by getting a console with free perks at a subsidised cost that can still play new games.

Nah only you get sense pass abi. Now look where senseman got you. grin Nah your type dey yab ppl wey buy ps4 and spent tonnes on blueray cd plates. While you hack your ps4 grin

You are wicked. grin
Cuteamigo1:
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thegamingorca:

I won't blame sosogames. I'll blame you for thinking you could cheat nature by getting a console with free perks at a subsidised cost that can still play new games.

Nah only you get sense pass abi. Now look where senseman got you. grin Nah your type dey yab ppl wey buy ps4 and spent tonnes on blueray cd plates. While you hack your ps4 grin

You are wicked. grin
pass along mate, i dont have your time really. i dont reply mention from idiots so be sure this is the last time i will glorify you with a response. you have been noticed now go and take your drugs.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by jeff1607(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
pass along mate, i dont have your time really. i dont reply mention from idiots so be sure this is the last time i will glorify you with a response. you have been noticed now go and take your drugs.

You can still get a console for far more less without issues.

people give consoles out freely while some just just wanna get rid of it.

I personally 've done that not because of money but because of the joy it gives the receiver.

No biggie
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
jeff1607:

You can still get a console for far more less without issues.

people give consoles out freely while some just just wanna get rid of it.

I personally 've done that not because of money but because of the joy it gives the receiver.

No biggie
you are right sir. this happened august 2016 so am just surprised how they haven't changed. thanks
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by steevy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
Come, i don soak ya cane for kerosene. Come back house come collect strokes.

Thegamingorca:

You are wicked. grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Thegamingorca(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
steevy:
Come, i don soak ya cane for kerosene. Come back house come collect strokes.

grin
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by spoilerx: 5:12am On Jul 08, 2018
as per gaming stores. i used iexgames recently https://www.iexgames.com/ .

very polite , free delivery in lagos. u can try dem out

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by 3KINGZ18: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2018
What a thread
Re: My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome by Rahoof2(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
Cuteamigo1:

We have dealt with issues of FAULTY consoles before and in most cases we try as much as possible to solve it properly. Please bear in mind that there is no how we won’t have such issue as far as electronic is concern but there are steps in fixing issue concerning that.

***Please note that we give 3 month warranty on all used consoles. But, no warranty on electrical fault like “generator caused issues” etc.

***If u have any issues concerning used console under warranty, shipping cost to/fro for resolving issues is mainly on Sosogames no matter where u live within the country.

Sometimes we install NOBD (disable CD Rom) custom firmware on hacked used PS3 consoles.

I don’t really know maybe u communicated back to the office when u have that issue (or probably acted on assumption) but in anyway we are very sorry that it turn out like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISSUES And SOLUTIONS To PES 2017 / Best Place To Download Psp Games? / Injustice Gods Among Us Apk Mod + OBB V3.3.1 Highly Compressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.