Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

World Cup 2010 - Reports: Drogba 'out Of World Cup' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010 - Reports: Drogba 'out Of World Cup' (599 Views)

Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2010 - Reports: Drogba 'out Of World Cup' by bizzy234: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2010
The Chelsea striker was forced off the pitch with an injury to his elbow during the first half of a warm-up game against Japan in Sion, Switzerland.

L'Equipe reported on its website that he was immediately taken to hospital for scans, after which he confirmed he would play no part in the upcoming tournament in South Africa.

"It's an elbow injury but we don't know how bad it is, we (are going) straight to the hospital," said Ivory Coast coach Sven-Goran Eriksson. "I think we should get an answer before we leave."

"If it's serious, it's very worrying, he is our captain, one of the best strikers in the world."

Asked if he was concerned the injury could rule Drogba out of the World Cup which begins next Friday, he added: "Yes, I'm worried, of course I am."

The Elephants' star player went down under a heavy challenge from Japan defender Tulio after 15 minutes which left him spread-eagled on the pitch.

After rising groggily to his feet, the Chelsea forward hobbled off and was replaced by Seydou Doumbia.

His absence disorientated Ivory Coast but Japan were unable to take advantage and they slumped to a fourth successive defeat, 2-0, after losses to Serbia, South Korea and England.

Playing only their second game under Eriksson, the African side added the second with nine minutes to play through defender Kolo Toure.

The Africans face Brazil, Portugal and North Korea in their World Cup group, while Japan will take on Cameroon, Denmark and the Netherlands.

Eurosport / Reuters

Re: World Cup 2010 - Reports: Drogba 'out Of World Cup' by bizzy234: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2010
undecided   i'm sorry for ivory coast cos their superman is injured . Ivory coast will be weakened by drogba's loss .
Re: World Cup 2010 - Reports: Drogba 'out Of World Cup' by candylips(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
is this confimed ??

(1) (Reply)

Mandela Relative Killed After World Cup Concert / World Cup Rules For The Women / World Cup 2010: Gabriel Heinze's Argentina Strike Should Have Been Disallowed -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.