Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain (1467 Views)

If U Were Giving Chance To Delete Some Tinz Frm Ur Brain, Wat Wil U Delete / If U Trust Ur Brain Den Open It! / If U No Understand Dis Yoke, Then Fufu Dey Ur Brain. >:( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by theORAKU(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2006
Think of words ending in -GRY.
Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language.
What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day.
If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

WHAT IS IT?
Re: A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by mizkay(f): 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2006
it is Hungry silly! I have heard this ridiculous riddle over and over again, I can't begin to fathom why people still try to trick others with it. Reading the second sentence you can see that the 'third' word is hungry. The confusion within the riddle is in the third word in the second sentence of the riddle, exactly as quoted, NOT some mythical third commonly used English word ending in "-gry". Hmph! Stupid riddle really but well, enough to silently drive one nuts! First word GRY (and it does have a meaning), second word ANGRY and third word HUNGRY. Get it? it's a good one but then again you might come up with another answer for the same riddle put in its original form. Here goes:

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

In its proper, original form, the first two sentences have absolutely nothing to do with the question: "Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them." Ignore those two sentences. They are there only to throw you off course. (And it worked, didn't it?) What's left is the actual riddle itself: "There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."
The key is the phrase "the English language." In this three-word phrase, the third word is simply the word "language." Get it? "Language" is definitely something that "everyone uses every day"! Et voila, and you thought you were stupid
Re: A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by theORAKU(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2006
ehe- ehe.
You got itt.
I nearly went nuts trying to crack it before a friend now solved it for me.
Re: A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by finemocha(f): 7:53pm On May 31, 2007
are u guys serious

hmmm i guess laundry wouldnt work, robby just pointed that out to me.,
Re: A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by robby1(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2007
@ finemoch grin grin grin

we are talking of -GRY and not -DRY lol
Re: A Riddle To Ridicule Ur Brain by finemocha(f): 11:33pm On May 31, 2007
grin grin grin yep just saw that, jokes on me

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Answer This? / Who Can Crack This Riddle? / A Sip,not A Gulp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.