Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

"mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza (1643 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Why Are The Arab Countries Mute On Gaza-israel War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Ikomi(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2010
frosbel:

@Ikomi, Beaf, Afam ( copy cat ) - enough of your silly remarks which are based on ignorance of the facts and reality. ENOUGH.

The blockade is there to ensure no military equipment or which can be used for military purposes get into Gaza. If all of the Gaza population are Hamas terrorists than the blockade is a "massive collective punishment" as you put it. But as we all know, not all of people in Gaza are Hamas terrorists, the blockade is not affecting all of them. Yes, there are those who are affected due to dual-use materials that are not allowed in, but it is not a collective punishment. It is called collateral damage. All countries act like that. Gaza is not unique. What do you think happens when the West is not allowing dual-use materials to get into Iran due to their nuclear programme?

The population in Gaza have all the food and peaceful needs they require (apart from those dual - use as discussed earlier). There is no humanitarian crisis there and most of the "aid" transferred in this flotilla was not even required. Hamas is not even allowing it to enter.

I suggest you learn the facts and stop using slogans from the media. The blockade on Gaza is international! Egypt has a boarder with Gaza and is doing the same things. Everyone in the region are afraid of having an Iranian port in Gaza - this is exactly what will happen once the blockade is removed. The blockade was put with the backing of EU countries. The British Navy committed to help as well (though has done nothing yet to prevent arm smuggling into Gaza).

Stop the hypocrisy regarding Israel who only wants to protect its citizens. Take the threat away from Israel and you will get a cooperative friend. As long as everyone in the region is threatening Israel's existence, Israel has no choice but to defend itself. Blockade is just one tool.

Lastly, the economy in Gaza is shuttered mainly due to the people of Gaza themselves. Before 1996 when Hamas started with suicide bombings inside Israel, the boarder was 100% open and 40% of Gaza working population used to cross everyday to work in Israel. Gradually, since the number of workers from Gaza allowed to work has been reduced due to their own actions. Since 2005 when Israel left Gaza for good, the boarded is closed. Why the Europeans are not helping them to build businesses? Maybe Hamas is not interested? Think about it.

When Israel left Gaza, it left behind green houses and other equipment that the Israeli settlers used to create one of the finest produce (when later sold to Europe). What did Hamas made of it? Terror camps.

Facts do not hurt if you know them. They open up the mind. You should try it once in a while.

( customized comment from the Times )

I know this is what you have always wanted, for me and you to engage in endless rhetoric that will lead no where.

It has been tested, tried and proved that the only way a man can guarantee his own freedom is to ensure his neighbours financial, economic and political freedom, the same goes for nations.

This is what happened in South Africa, it happened in Ireland just to name a few.

The UN, EU who has been through that process has asked Israel to lift its blockade, but a nation that has hardliners as leaders would rather drive its own people to the extreme.

Don't wonder why I call you a lesser mind, but if it is those little quibbles of past events you want to drive me into to exhibit your understanding of what Glenn Beck has taught you on Fox News, Frosbel you would not find me.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Ikomi(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
frosbel:

I suggest you learn the facts and stop using slogans from the media. The blockade on Gaza is international! Egypt has a boarder with Gaza and is doing the same things. Everyone in the region are afraid of having an Iranian port in Gaza - this is exactly what will happen once the blockade is removed. The blockade was put with the backing of EU countries. The British Navy committed to help as well (though has done nothing yet to prevent arm smuggling into Gaza).

Frosbel you are mad. Simply

British Foreign secretary 'deplores Gaza aid ship deaths'

Mr Hague called for limits on aid for Gaza to be lifted.

Do you think we all live in your village where you can come up with all sort of lies and we will swallow it. I was right in the first place of calling you a lesser mind and ignoring your post.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Kgdavid(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2010
Afam:

I think his only brother was killed as a mercenary in Africa, remember 90 minutes at Entebbe?

just for correction Jonathan Netanyahu was not a mercenary. he was a commando sent to rescue hostages after their plane had been hijacked by pro palestinian activists. as for the rachel corrie, those who look for trouble will find it.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ikomi:

Frosbel you are mad. Simply

Do you think we all live in your village where you can come up with all sort of lies and we will swallow it. I was right in the first place of calling you a lesser mind and ignoring your post.

Now I know you have lost the plot, and I mean completely lost it.

By suggesting that a nation under threat should  lift a naval blocakde that could well imperil its total security is so crazy and stupid that I really cannot debate you any further.

Are you in all honesty suggesting that Israel has no justification for the blockade in the first place ? Or are you just ignoring all the evidence even though you know you are plain wrong.

Ikomi, on a more serious note you really do not have a clue when it comes to the politics and current affairs of the middle east !
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Ikomi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2010
frosbel:

Now I know you have lost the plot

lol Frosbel your mad, he said I lost the plot, okay you show me the graph. cheesy
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Afam(m): 1:39am On Jun 06, 2010
Kgdavid:

just for correction Jonathan Netanyahu was not a mercenary. he was a commando sent to rescue hostages after their plane had been hijacked by pro palestinian activists. as for the rachel corrie, those who look for trouble will find it.

Chei! See people using google to look for information some of us knew over 25 years ago. Please, focus on other issues and try to use your head, I don't have time to argue blindly with your type.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
WHO IS RACHEL CORRIE?
some of you will never know?
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
Here is something you might know. Do you know?

"Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

(Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parlament], quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982)

uhmmm, little wonder. Any Comment?
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

Here is something you might know. Do you know?

"Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

(Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parlament], quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982)

uhmmm, little wonder. Any Comment?

Total trash and Lies.

I cannot find evidence to back up this statement from ANY REPUTABLE MEDIA OUTLET.

Typical Islamic LIES and DECEPTION. LOL Grin

I gave your request to our director of information and content and after some thorough research, I have the following for you:

First of all, Mr. Begin never said those words and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset, and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

However, the misrepresented quote is not the one cited ("Our race is the Master Race", etc.), but another one entirely (see below). Clearly, someone invented the "Master Race" quote and then tacked on Amnon Kapeliouk as the source, to give it credibility. However, even the REAL (and far less offensive) quote has now been proven to have been misrepresented by Kapeliouk.

The REAL story involving Kapeliouk's article is provided by a media-watch group called CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), which regularly debunks bogus news reports and misquotes.

Here:

, Internet hate sites, as well as Fisk, attribute the derogation of Palestinians as "two-legged beasts" to former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. The source generally given is:

Menachem Begin, as quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts, "New Statesman, June 25, 1982

Indeed, the radical French-Israeli journalist, Amnon Kapeliouk, did attribute such a quote to Begin in his New Statesman article criticizing Israel's invasion of Lebanon. The author posited:

For this reason the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to dehumanize the Palestinians. Begin described them in a speech in the Knesset as "beasts walking on two legs

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel, Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception,

I hope that helps.

Moreover, we will be conferring with others in Israel and abroad to attempt to verify that the no one has ever heard or seen this quote and whether it is authentic. At present, we understand that there is no reliable source and until proven otherwise, which we doubt can be done based on our archival mateiral and personal familiarity with Mr. Begin, we reject the veracity of the words supposedly either spoken or conveyed. The quotation is bogus.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
See the contradictions in your response (bolded in red below)
First you & your source quoted that it wasn't true, ----
then proceed to say his words were misrepresented----
then, make a 180 degree and then say the PM was quoted out of context and was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense.

Don't tie ropes around your neck.
In the end the tolerant will overcome the fanatics

frosbel:

Total trash and Lies.

I cannot find evidence to back up this statement from ANY REPUTABLE MEDIA OUTLET.

Typical Islamic LIES and DECEPTION. LOL grin

I gave your request to our director of information
and content and after some thorough research, I have the following for you:

First of all, Mr. Begin never said those words [/b]and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having [b]misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset,
and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

However, the misrepresented quote is not the one cited ("Our race is the Master Race", etc.), but another one entirely (see below). Clearly, someone invented the "Master Race" quote and then tacked on Amnon Kapeliouk as the source, to give it credibility. However, even the REAL (and far less offensive) quote has now been proven to have been misrepresented by Kapeliouk.

The REAL story involving Kapeliouk's article is provided by a media-watch group called CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), which regularly debunks bogus news reports and misquotes.

Here:

, Internet hate sites, as well as Fisk, attribute the derogation of Palestinians as "two-legged beasts" to former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. The source generally given is:

Menachem Begin, as quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts, "New Statesman, June 25, 1982

Indeed, the radical French-Israeli journalist, Amnon Kapeliouk, did attribute such a quote to Begin in his New Statesman article criticizing Israel's invasion of Lebanon. The author posited:

For this reason the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to dehumanize the Palestinians. Begin described them in a speech in the Knesset as "beasts walking on two legs

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel, Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception, -----
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

See the contradictions in your response (bolded in red below)
First you & your source quoted that it wasn't true, ----
then proceed to say his words were misrepresented----
then, make a 180 degree and then say the PM was quoted out of context and was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense.

Don't tie ropes around your neck.
In the end the tolerant will overcome the fanatics

This was in reference to 'Begin and the Beasts'.

Oh please read, Muslims read, lol. grin
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2010
Muslim?!   How about calling me Trado-Chrislamherb-Jew! Try that, maybe.

I guess Arch-Bishop Desmond Tutu & my beautiful Mandela are muslims too.
How about the Ireland & the south Africa that condemn the racist apartheid for what it is. Wait, let me guess "they are Muslim" your logic is suspect, even more deficient.

FYI, that is objectivity, justice and unbias.

When you are done calling me "Muslim" (because, I chose to condemn the atrocities of an aggressor in this instance, which I will equally do to the other side if the table were turned), I bet you will call me a "Christian" if & when I speak up in support of the right of the Coptic in Egypt.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Afam(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

How about the Ireland & the south Africa that condemn the racist apartheid for what it is. Wait, let me guess "they are Muslim" your logic is suspect, even more deficient.

When you are done calling me "Muslim" (because, I chose to condemn the atrocities of an aggressor in this instance, which I will equally do to the other side if the table were turned), I bet you will call me a "Christian" if & when I speak up in support of the right of the Coptic in Egypt.

To some of these criminals once you oppose murder and injustice you become a muslim or an arab. That is how warped their thinking is.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

How about the Ireland & the south Africa that condemn the racist apartheid for what it is.  Wait, let me guess "they are Muslim" your logic is suspect, even more deficient.

I used the word Muslim without attaching any insults to the name.

Is 'Muslims read' now an insult

Only that strange Afam specie of man will comment on such a hollow statement.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Kgdavid(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2010
Afam:

Chei! See people using google to look for information some of us knew over 25 years ago. Please, focus on other issues and try to use your head, I don't have time to argue blindly with your type.

pitiable case really. someone deliberately called netanyahu's brother a mercenary in order to avoid placing a spot light on the palestinian terrorist activity of that day. i simply made the correction to avoid misinformation. as for stating that i used google to find informaiton you are most idiotic for making such a comment. first and foremost i did not have to refer to google for information as this is a well known incident and secondly in this day and age where information is easily accessible on the internet is it a crime to use google to investigate? being the fool u r, u probably thought your silly comments there made you look wise huh? undecided idiot
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Afam(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kgdavid:

pitiable case really. someone deliberately called netanyahu's brother a mercenary in order to avoid placing a spot light on the palestinian terrorist activity of that day. i simply made the correction to avoid misinformation. as for stating that i used google to find informaiton you are most idiotic for making such a comment. first and foremost i did not have to refer to google for information as this is a well known incident and secondly in this day and age where information is easily accessible on the internet is it a crime to use google to investigate? being the fool u r, u probably thought your silly comments there made you look wise huh? undecided idiot

Without any doubt in my mind the comment I made about you rushing to google really pained you. Damn! This is what happens when people are correctly labeled or accused.
Re: "mv Rachel Corrie" Another Ship Heading For Gaza by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
^

Illiterate , lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Salary Scale Of An Embassy Employee? / Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington / 2 Photos Show Why Messing With NATO In The Baltics Would Be A Very Bad Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.