Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,423 members, 7,846,768 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? (4333 Views)

Poll: How Far?

Round Of 16: 29% (32 votes)
Quater-Finals: 19% (21 votes)
Semi- Finals: 12% (13 votes)
Third-Place: 7% (8 votes)
Final: 17% (19 votes)
Group stage only: 13% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match / Nigeria’s Super Eagles Ready For Congo,says Keshi / How Far Will You Go, For A Flight & Stadium Tickets In Sa World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by uyakachi(m): 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2010
football is a game of luck and with goodluck on our side, we will play cheap teams until we get to the finals.

I PRAY SO!
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by CarlosVent(m): 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
dey wil reach semifinals and wil be removed by ojoro from d refree
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by ajalio(f): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2010
Well, when I think of what my husband prays for, then I wish that Nigeria can make it up to the final.
As for us as a Nigerian/German couple he wants Nigeria playing against Germany, just to have little
wahala,   grin
But this is only possible in quater final or final. And playing in quater final against each other is too early,
for both teams.

But serious now, I strongly believe, if Lagerbäck could inject the spirit, which the Nigerian players have shown in 1994, in the today's national team, they can get the trophy.
Don't underestimate Lagerbäck. He is like a poker player who allows nobody to have a look on his cards on hand.
I am very sure, he has a plan which will surprise you all.
Remember my words.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Builder: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
I'm very confident nigeria will go far, thats if the NFF dont sack Lagerback during the tournament and replace him with a biology teacher
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by chelseabmw(m): 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
God is the key to nigeria success
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by TmeD0(m): 12:07am On Jun 08, 2010
Builder:

I'm very confident nigeria will go far, thats if the NFF dont sack Lagerback during the tournament and replace him with a biology teacher

Lwkmd! my broda with all those jaga jaga officials for NFF, impossible is nothing for 9ija o!
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Ibomade1: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2010
All the way. I have £10 wager on them. Common super chickens  !!!!!!
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by bisiaet: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
Cant really say precisely how far they will go but lets wait and see and hope they will do better than ever.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by bisiaet: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
Cant really say precisely how far they will go but lets wait and see and hope they will do better than ever.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by AndreUweh(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2010
Nigeria for semis. But the manager has to come and see me first.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by mikeoscar: 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2010
We will go all the way to the finals and Win the cup of poor preparations and planninglipsrsealed
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by johndavid1(m): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Nigeria for semis. But the manager has to come and see me first.
tell me plz i no go tell NFA, grin grin grin
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by deb(m): 3:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
If you look at it critically, we had a fantastic preparation. We beat all our opponents in the qualifying rounds, got our hotel accomodation on time,
flew to south africa without a problem and our FA is the best anyone can wish for in the world. Brazil, Argetina, Italy, Holland and the rest are no match for us.
WE WILL SURELY LIFT THE CUP. Its a no contest. Our strikers are the best in the world scroing 1,001 goals each all season
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
deb:

If you look at it critically, we had a fantastic preparation. We beat all our opponents in the qualifying rounds, got our hotel accommodation on time,
flew to south Africa without a problem and our FA is the best anyone can wish for in the world. Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Holland and the rest are no match for us.
WE WILL SURELY LIFT THE CUP. Its a no contest. Our strikers are the best in the world scoring 1,001 goals each all season

shocked shocked shocked That's ironical and unpatriotic of u , lets be optimistic i believe naija will go far this time may be ,a place in the q/final
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by deb(m): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
beebee2000:

shocked shocked shocked That's ironical and unpatriotic of u , lets be optimistic i believe naija will go far this time may be ,a place in the q/final

My brother, in as much as that was supposed to be a joke, some of the facts I stated there are actually things to consider in order not to get
your hope too high. I surely support the SE and I wish us the best really at the world cup. Just trying to caution you Nigerians because you will
be the first to curse them when they fail. Ironically, I never rant abuses on eagles when they fail like most Nigerians do so join my philosophy
of lowering your expectation of the Eagles and if they beat it cool we will celebrate wink
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Afam4eva(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2010
Beating Argentina will be a morale booster which can lead all the way to the final.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by eddiebomba(m): 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
Honestly, Nigerians, all i have is one question: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Majority of us keep on being soooo negative about our boys at the world cup; so lightning-quick to point out the weak points of the team, praising and demonising players in the blindness of our own sentiments, and even exalting Messi, Tevez &co to high heavens - as if they're the gods of Olympus and Atlantis combined, and not mere humans! True, the SE's preparations for the mundial haven't been ideal, but this is no time to mentally and emotionally abandon the team when they need us the most.

And as for we as nigerians, 'tis not that we lose and get disappointed - it's that most of are not emotionally prepared to bounce back from disappointment when it comes (and it does come - it's part of life), and so we turn temporary disappointments into permanent liability - hence the easy bent towards pessimism!! angry angry sad sad

In short, the way we watch football shows me that [b]Nigerians are major cowards[/b]; the Eagles haven't gone into battle yet and already hardline pessimists are siding argentina - cowardice portrayed as "reality" . Honestly, with this fear-fear attitude, i say, if all of us were alive in Moses' day, the story would've been the same as with the Israelites: majority of us would not enter the promised land - we'd be scared stiff! undecided undecided undecided

Well, the odds may be against us, but the courageous are those who stand nonetheless. I choose courage, and i say - BRING ON THE ARGIES!! If we win, GREEEEAAAAT; & if we lose - no shame undecided undecided undecided! UP EAGLES!!!!!!
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by abadaba(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
d
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
Every major Soccer campaign has the chronic optimists coming out of the woodwork with every reason why Nigeria can win the world-cup in-spite of glaring gaps between our preparations up to the campaign and the teams in the group we will be playing with.

You guys have a whole lot of optimism it is almost religious
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
Nigeria will lose to Argentina,
have a draw with South Korea,
and have a win against Greece

we will advance past the 2nd round, to the quarter-finals.,.

That's how far its been revealed to me.,.
And in about a months , looking back at this post, you would be totally amazed at how absolutely precise it is
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by honeric01(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
We can only get as far as where our mind/ work-rate and determination take us to.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by JIY: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
Nigeria participated in her first World cup at the USA '94' finals. They qualified as runners up to Argentina,

Nigeria won the group, actually.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by JIY: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
Sincerely, I believe that only teams with good preparations and the desire to win coupled with discipline and prayers would go very far. Nevertheless, this is what I would be talking about and maybe at the end of this post, you may either agree or disagree on how far the team can go.

Let's go back in time and see how far the team has come.

I have done an in depth analysis of the decline of Nigerian Football elsewhere. I shall be posting bits of it on this forum, in hope of generating meaningful discourse. See my take on this present team under the topic: Nigeria vs North Korea: Thoughts.

I agree with your thoughts here, by the way.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Chongaiman: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ Poster, I am sure you could get an accurate answer from Pastor T.B,
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by otokx(m): 2:21am On Jun 09, 2010
Round of 16 at best, group stage at worse so let me go vote for the group stage.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by ayo84(m): 9:19am On Jun 09, 2010
men, the first match will determine if they can make it,i really need to see that haruna lukman guy play,and see wheither he can control the miedfield
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by Jencejyde(m): 11:32am On Jun 09, 2010
mykali:

@Jencejyde

I love your patriotism bro . . .i just hope you don't get too disappointed on D'day
Hopefully we all won't.

honeric01:

We can only get as far as where our mind/ work-rate and determination take us to.
On Point!

JIY:

Nigeria participated in her first World cup at the USA '94' finals. They qualified as runners up to Argentina,

Nigeria won the group, actually.
Thanks for the correction. I humbly apologize for the error.

JIY:

Sincerely, I believe that only teams with good preparations and the desire to win coupled with discipline and prayers would go very far. Nevertheless, this is what I would be talking about and maybe at the end of this post, you may either agree or disagree on how far the team can go.

Let's go back in time and see how far the team has come.

I have done an in depth analysis of the decline of Nigerian Football elsewhere. I shall be posting bits of it on this forum, in hope of generating meaningful discourse. See my take on this present team under the topic: Nigeria vs North Korea: Thoughts.

I agree with your thoughts here, by the way.
Thank you and i will let you know my thought after reading your article.

Chongaiman:

@ Poster, I am sure you could get an accurate answer from Pastor T.B,
LOL!!!
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by kingsleyd(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
one tin i know is dat we'll never get out of dat group
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by moonraker(m): 5:16am On Jun 10, 2010
If niigeria gets to the quarter Finals, i willbe more than satisfied,
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by oweniwe(m): 1:24am On Jun 11, 2010
I can't say how far nigeria will go in the tourment but i believe we'll reach q-final. Super eagles when playin qualifiers and friendlies against unpopular teams like in d friendlies we played don't usually give their best coz they are not motivated. But when it comes 2 playing in major tourments, or playing against highly rated teams, super eagles de play o. And wit a good coach in lagerback in charge, super eagles will be tough. All we have 2 do is to have champion's mentality and polish our style of play, meehhnn, Even angels go come from heaven watch us play. kiss
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by snakova(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
Quarter finals should be the least. If we win our group, then maybe the semis.
Re: How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? by jalether(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
"2nd round is a realistic target. anything better than that is icing on the cake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bibiana Steinhaus Becomes First Female To Officiate In A Major European League / Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows / Download Video: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 2-3 Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.