Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country (1113 Views)

Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / "Why I Beat Up Another Monarch At Peace Meeting" - Oluwo Of Iwo / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country by Ebirra: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
To those AFRICANS mourning the Morocco loss on grounds "African Country"..Morocco isn't an African nation, you are the ones forcing yourself onto them.

1. In 1987 they applied for European Union membership but were turned down.

2. When South Africa was contesting to host the 2010 World Cup, Morocco voted against.

3. In 2014 November, Morocco withdrew from hosting the January 2015 edition of The Africa Cup of nations. Just 2 months to the tournament throwing it into jeopardy. They claimed that they didn't want the spread of Ebola into their nation. This is despite the fact that cases of Ebola were localized in Liberia and Sierra Leone ONLY. Few months later they hosted Club World Cup.

4. In 1963 Morocco �� refused sign a pledge to support the decolonization of South Africa��, Angola �� and Mozambique ��.

Just because we're in the same land mass doesn't mean they are part of us. In light of all that, I am so glad that they lost the bid to host the 2026 World Cup and that they have lost today's match.

6 Likes

Re: Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country by meobizy(f): 2:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Now you know you're just trolling with this drivel, right? If you create multiple threads for the same piece of information it will lose its meaning along the line.

Morroco is African in location. It might not have African culture which I'm not fully sure on -- its location is in Africa so negroid influence must exist to a degree. I better pass my neighbour is a normal human train of thought: you can't blame them, we do the same when regarding Ghana.

The bottom line is celebrate them if you want to, mourn with them if you want to and do the opposite of both if you feel. Don't go around imposing your opinion on others.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
They might not be pro Africa but they are still an an African country. But I don’t support them in football or anything. Let’s hope Senegal to make us proud.

2 Likes

Re: Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country by SlayerForever: 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
African : Politically
Arabs : Racially

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Why I Feel Morocco Is Not An African Country by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
Very interesting about Morocco. I always wondered why the Northern African countries (Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya etc) seemed to resemble Middle Eastern looking people?
It's like some of the Middle East broke off and connected to Africa.
Do they associate with Black Africans?
Interesting indeed....

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's Discuss : "Dont Compare The Struggle Of Biafra To Brexit." / Ancient Egyptian Kings That Resemble Yoruba Men And Igbo Men / Nchaka Festival In Ogba Land Held In 3rd December, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.