Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist (465 Views)

Drunk Police Officer Allegedly Kills Two At Birthday Party In Lagos (graphic) / SARS Threatens To Assassinate Human Rights Activist For Exposing Extortion Onlin / 2 Men With 2 Human Wrists Arrested By Ogun State Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist by Takeit2017(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Facebook user Israel Joe accused police officers in Ekpan division, Effurun, Delta state, of fatally shooting one Christian, a member of the committee for the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR) Delta state branch.

The incident reportedly took place on June 18 at about 9pm. After the shooting, Israel claims that the police, in a bid to cover the extrajudicial killing, alleged that the victim was an armed robber who opened fire at them. They then deposited his corpse in the morgue and ordered the attendants not to disclose his identity.

Isreal wrote:

POLICE AGAIN HAS SHOT AND KILLED AN INNOCENT CITIZEN.

The police in Ekpan division, Effurun has yesterday shot and killed an innocent Nigerian. The victim "Christian" by name before his unfortunate death was a member of committee for the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR) Delta state branch.

This incident occurred at about 9pm yesterday 18th June at front of Praise Centre Church, Jakpa Road Effurun. In a bid to cover up their actions, they quickly deposited the decease at Warri central morgue with an instruction to the mortuary attendants never to disclose their identity.

The Squad led by one sergeant Wilson at Ekpan went ahead to allege the decease as an armed robber who opened fire at them. The victims car a black Toyota Solara is presently parked at the Ekpan Police station. I have never seen an armed robber robbing with his car and after he was killed the other escaped from a one-door vehicle.

Many questions will arise from this heinous incident and we believe if the Delta Police command refuse us justice, we shall seek redress upward. With the last drop of my blood I will defend this good friend of mine, the risk notwithstanding.

Rest in Peace brother.

I love you.
Delta state police officer allegedly kills human rights activist

More @ https://trendinghelm..com/2018/06/delta-state-police-officer-allegedly.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist by iamgeneral(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Am interested in this kind of war since Nigerian police no get sense sad
Re: Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist by CodeTemplar: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nigerian police knows dead men don't speak. How come most lone robbers who open fire at police first always end up not hitting the police?
The police needs reform ASAP.
Re: Delta State Police Officer Allegedly Kills Human Rights Activist by GOFRONT(m): 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
#ENDSARS
#ENDNIGERIAPOLICEFORCE

(1) (Reply)

Video: Xxxtentacion's Murder Suspect's First Hearing / 20 Feared Dead As Cross River, Ebonyi Communities Clash / NNPC Fuel Tanker Seen Leaking Seriously On The Road In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.