Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

“Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. (1801 Views)

Man United To Pay Maguire £10 If He Leaves / Exclusive: 2022 WCQ: Don’t Depend On Ighalo For Goals -akpoborie Warns Rohr / Aiyegbeni: Oliseh Greater Than Mikel As Defensive Midfielder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Topabiol: 5:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sent a word of advice to the super eagles manager ahead of tomorrow’s must win game against Iceland. The Portuguese born current Manchester United Manager has advised Rohr not to use Super Eagles skipper John Obi Mikel in the same attacking midfield role he played in their 2:0 loss to Croatia last week Saturday.
The Two times champions league winner who was Mikel’s manager on two different spells at Chelsea explained on a Russian Tv station that the skipper will be more resourceful to the team playing in a defensive role especially Number 6 than being a Nimber 10
Mourinho who was Mikel’s first manager at Chelsea when he signed for the London side in 2005, was responsible for converting Mikel who played an attacking Midfield role earlier in the same year during the World youth Championship in Holland to a defensive midfielder, a role he played all through his career at Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Super Eagles handler has said in a press conference ahead of tomorrow’s game that Mikel playing as a Number 10 wasn’t the reason for losing the first game against the Croatians. The German born coach maintained that was the same role Mikel had played during the qualifiers that saw the Super Eagles defeat the defending Champions of the African Nations Cup 4:0.
He stressed further to say if he had played Mikel in a defensive role in the first match and the team lost, a lot of people will question him on why he decided to use Mikel in a defensive position as against the attacking role he has been playing for the national team so, he sees no reason why he can’t use him as a Number 10 in the next game.

Ahead of the clash on Friday, Mikel has agreed to play in a defensive role as long as it is going to give the team a victory over the Iceland national team
​“I am the captain of this team. If I have to sacrifice for this team to progress, I will. If I have to sacrifice a position, go play wherever, I will do that for this team to win games”, he said.

The Super Eagles face the impressive Iceland who secured a draw against one of the World Cup Favourites Argentina in both Nations’ second game of the group on Friday.

https://www.ataaoja.com/blog/dont-use-mikel-as-an-attacking-mid-fielder-if-you-want-to-make-it-out-of-the-group-stage-mourinho-warns-super-eagles-coach-i-will-use-him-as-number-10-again-rohr-fires-back

Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Brown14: 5:49am On Jun 21, 2018
gbam!!

1 Like

Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Akwasi(m): 6:13am On Jun 21, 2018
Against Morocco it was a conner...... angry

against Nigeria it was a corner.......... sad

against Tunisia it was still a corner... . embarassed

do you now see the effect of the stupid one corner dance brought to Africa ?

Patapaa has finished Africa grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by cheddahboy(m): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2018
No 10 no fit Mikel at all
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by PureMe01: 6:27am On Jun 21, 2018
master don talk,make we see if apprentice go implement
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Exwizard: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2018
That's just it I swear
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by footballflaver: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2018
bro mou teach am wella grin
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Akwasi(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Not sure why these coaches don't learn
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by hisgrace090: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2018
Let them put head together against tomorrow.

Another defeat will be a big blow that will disorganize so many things.
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by lordnammy(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Good advice from experience
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Rickjordan(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2018
just go to that field n do whatever it takes to qualify

n my wicked prayer is for those Croatians to Ramos messi tonight...if u know u know...

up Eagles
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by DrKlever(m): 8:26am On Jun 21, 2018
This mumu Gernot Rohr won't learn. still play him as a 10 and loose your next match. you think say na AFCON be this
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by jbtobsyn(m): 8:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Positive responses so far on the thread. O ye people of negativity don't come here. Coach do the best thing and let us play and win. We will conquer Iceland.
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by jumper524(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2018
the coach midfield setting is poor.. he should adopt mourinho 4-2-3-1.. all should be our best players.. here's mine.. Defence: shehu, ekong, balogun and idowu. midfield: mikel and ndidi double 4 while iwobi attacking.. musa, moses and ihenacho.. that igalo no get idea like ihenacho.
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2018
JM doesn't play with defence grin
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by kmaster007: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2018
I pray d coach listen
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Click like for Ronaldo the best player on the planet and share for Messi ,his younger brother and learner to settle this dispute once and for all.
Re: “Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. by Auladimeji(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2018
To those AFRICANS mourning the Morocco loss on grounds "African Country"..Morocco isn't an African nation, you are the ones forcing yourself onto them.
1. In 1987 they applied for European Union membership but were turned down.
2. When South Africa was contesting to host the 2010 World Cup, Morocco voted against.
3. In 2014 November, Morocco withdrew from hosting the January 2015 edition of The Africa Cup of nations. Just 2 months to the tournament throwing it into jeopardy. They claimed that they didn't want the spread of Ebola into their nation. This is despite the fact that cases of Ebola were localized in Liberia and Sierra Leone ONLY. Few months later they hosted Club World Cup.
4. In 1963 Morocco refused sign a pledge to support the decolonization of South Africa
, Angola and Mozambique .
Just because we're in the same land mass doesn't mean they are part of us. In light of all that, I am so glad that they lost the bid to host the 2026 World Cup and that they have lost today's match. We can't weep for them in the same manner we wept for Ghana in 2010. Their problems are not our problems.
Copied

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Star Samuel Chukwueze Spotted With His Sister / Ngerian Under-17 Team, Are They Really 17 Yrs Old? / 100%Sure Betting Tips 9/10/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.