Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,245 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? (11598 Views)

6 Ways To Prevent Hypertension / Advanced Woman Calendar Helps You Achieve Or Prevent Pregnancy / Advanced Woman Calendar Helps You Achieve Or Prevent Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by bobomanija(m): 1:29am On Jun 05, 2010
Is There Any Means Of Controlling Or Preventing Hypertension?

Fellow Nairalanders,

How is it possible to manage or control high blood pressure?

Or, is there any information towards the control or prevention of this deadly disease by using any natural means, without using seeing a medical doctor or using herbal mixture?

Please, let me hear from you.

Yours for and from Nairaland,

[b]Bobomanija
cool
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by naijacutee(f): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2010
I think it would be helpful for you to have a blood pressure monitoring kit, so that you're not relying on guesswork, but you can actually measure how your blood pressure changes according to your lifestyle. With time, you will be to identify circumstances in which your blood pressure is raised (e.g after exercise, shouting, eating etc), and avoid these circumstances as much as possible. You can get these kits for as low as N7,500. (See http://www.superdrug.com/First-Aid/Omron-Digital-Automatic-Blood-Pressure-Monitor-MX2-Basic/invt/375568 and you don't have to draw blood or prick your finger or anything like that. All you do is just strap it around your arm, and it gives you your current blood pressure digitally.

Also, there are many foods are recommended for high bp patients to cut down on such as salt, saturated fats (e.g palm oil -- yeah, I know bad news) and foods which you should increase your intake of  e.g fruits and vegetables.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by webiz: 4:26am On Jun 06, 2010
Sure, there are measures to curb this. I recommend you have Tiens Blood Pressure monitor and depressor. This devise does not only monitor your blood pressure, it will further correct the blood pressure to normal by the setting. There are also other equipments and herbal mixtures for this purpose like the Hypothension Apparatus.
If you need these equipments and mixtures, please contact me on 07066050532 or email weboraclebiz@yahoo.com.

Your health is your wealth.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
Eating more fruits and vegetables. Eating alot of whole grain foods like brown rice/pasta/bread, oat meal. Exercise also is good as well. Eliminate alcohol and any caffeine containing drugs, reduce salt in your diet.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Romeo4real(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
This devise does not only monitor your blood pressure, it will further correct the blood pressure to normal by the setting.
What nonsense is this?
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by webiz: 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2010
Romeo4real, this is not nonsense. I know and I am sure of my claims. If you have not seen or used this device, please contact me for more clarification.

Regards.

Your health is your wealth.

Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by fayodeji: 12:13am On Jun 07, 2010
Get one of the Tiens Blood Ciculatory Massager (BCM) Machine. BCM is the most effective exercise device for restoring circulation of lymph and blood. There is an old Chinese saying 'Good circulation and breathing keeps a body healthy.' Exercising is one way to maintain sound health.
In order to promote the proper way to a healthy body, I proudly introduce the health equipment Blood Circulatory Massager Machine (BCM). I've three in stock each for NGN60,000. If you interested, contact me on 07031515174

See attachments for more info or google it.

Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by stteddy(m): 12:17am On Jun 07, 2010
i agree wit you webiz use it will help. the use of TRE-EN-EN a GNLD Product will also help,
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by stteddy(m): 12:23am On Jun 07, 2010
i agree wit you webiz use it will help. the use of TRE-EN-EN a GNLD Product will also help,
intrested persons could contact me +23436468512 or www.grandsuccessbooks.com
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by jjjkkkooo: 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
Romeo4real:

What nonsense is this?

Why would u say sb suggestion is nonsense? i will advise bobomanija to see a doctor and follow his advice. If its drugs that will work use it. Treatment of hypersion depends on individuals. For some, drugs work, for some other means. But please stick to what works
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by symbianDON(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
you can definately regulate your bp without having to rely on drugs forever. Though if your bp is already high, it will do you a lot of good to be on drugs for a short while ; say 2-3 months. I am writing from experience. I was diagnosed with mild hypertension late last year but i have been ok now for the past 4 months. Of utmost importance, however, is fact that you need to identify the root cause of the rise in bp because it is not always the same for every patient. To correct your bp, here are a few tips (as used by me):
Avoid a sedentry life style. Take a walk for not less than 30mins each day.
Reduce your intake of sodium drastically. Also avoid foods like margarine/butter, animal milk, egg yolk, palm oil and cut down on carbohydrates and meat.
Eat plenty of vegetables, moderate amounts of fruits and lean meat or fish is also good.
Funny as it may sound, drinking large quantities of unsweetened hot green tea without cream or milk is also though to help in regulating bp.
Finally, ensure your body mass index (bmi) is normal.
All the best.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Oba234: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2010
well, keep taking drugs that your doctor prescribed to you, but start exercising and eating healthy and I am telling you, it will go down
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
I believe you should start looking for the control from inside.
What are your thought patterns like, -ve or +ve? Are u stressed in ur job? Do u relax enough? Is your spirit connected to its source?, etc. I believe man is more than the body we see so take the state of ur spirit and mind into consideration first. Then the exercise, diet, pills and health tools can come later. To ur health!
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by felifeli: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2010
Mind you hypertension is often a function of age though and most people over 45 can't really avoid having some form of "essential hypertension". Check your blood pressure regularly and if you are given medicine use them. Faith healers could actually kill you on this very matter, and I advise that you listen to your doctor first before a pastor who is probably secretly nursing his own diseases in secret. If your hypertension persists for long without treatment it could destroy your kidney, liver, brain and eventually your heart. The only known sure cure to completely prevent hypertension is to get admitted into a mental hospital where they feed you sedatives everyday. grin
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by muggle(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2010
Simple,

JUST DON'T WATCH SUPER EAGLES MATCH ON SATURDAY! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Romeo4real(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
Romeo4real,  this is not nonsense.  I know and I am sure of my claims.  If you have not seen or used this device, please contact me for more clarification.
A Blood Pressure monitor simply monitors your blood pressure. It does not cure or solve Hypertension. There is nothing in the medical treatment of High Blood Pressure called a "depressor" or even "Hypotension Apparatus".

Please back up your claims with verifiable information and clinical data. I'm not accusing of anything, but i am simply saying that these alternative therapy treatments do NOT work in the treatment of Hypertension, and you may have been misled.

@fayodeji -

Get one of the Tiens Blood Ciculatory Massager (BCM) Machine. BCM is the most effective exercise device for restoring circulation of lymph and blood
Again, this is misinformation. There is no proof that the device "restores circulation of lymph and blood" nor of it helping in cases of high blood pressure. Please supply clinical data to support your claims.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Linguist(f): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
causes of hypertension is ideopatic but we have predisposing factors such as
-obesity
-lifestyle
-smokers
=drinkers
-excessive salt intake
-genetics
-hereditary
from all this aforementioned, u try to see that dont default in any of these. and i hope u not short tempered, cos u are more at risk too. if u keep all these at heart, u sure will c dat ur bp drops naturally.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Tessy2009(m): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
IF UR BODY MASS INDEX IS ABOVE 28, STRIVE TO REDUCE UR WEIGHT.

REDUCE SODIUM INTAKE.( TABLE SALT IS A MAJOR SOURCE OF SODIUM)

QUIT DRINKING ALCOHOL AND SMOKING.

EXERCISE REGULARLY

SLEEP WELL
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by webiz: 1:31am On Jun 08, 2010
Romeo4real, you are still a doubting Thomas - looking for the mark of nails on the palm of Jesus. I perceive you must be a Medical Doctor.

Anyway, my claim does not have any medical report backup. As a matter of fact, we are not Medical Doctors; we do not diagnose neither do we cure. We are Distributors of these equipments and we just simply explain their efficacy with regards to detection and correction.

Regards.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by comechop(m): 2:37am On Jun 08, 2010
lol soo much misinformation on here. I'd advice everyone to listen to romeo4real (even tho ur name wowo small sha grin).

webiz:

Sure, there are measures to curb this. I recommend you have Tiens Blood Pressure monitor and depressor. This devise does not only monitor your blood pressure, it will further correct the blood pressure to normal by the setting. There are also other equipments and herbal mixtures for this purpose like the Hypothension Apparatus.
WONDERMENT!
hahahahahahaha a salesman will try to sell his product by all means hahaha naija I dey hail oo
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by rockny(m): 4:19am On Jun 08, 2010
my dear Hypertension can be prevented and it can also be controlled but there are steps one needs to take, check this
www.rockchimex..com
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Acidosis(m): 4:50am On Jun 08, 2010
Hypertension is a sustained elevation of blood pressure. So I think the best remedy for the control of hypertension is EXERCISE.
Eating a lot of fruits especially carrots is also a means to prevent hypertension. And most importantly, reduce the amount of salt you use in cooking.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by sandee575(f): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2010
Doctors (plenty) in the House
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2010
is vegetable oil better than palm oil for hypertensive patient?
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by member479760: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2010
The 2 no good.
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by exago(m): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2010
Your mind says "you are not in control of the situation", you flip. Signals are sent to your body. . You are overwhelmed, The heart freezes
Only Having the ONE who can keep all of Life under-control is capable of giving you Hypertensive-free Peace. . .

People with their minds set on you,
You keep completely whole,
Steady on their feet,
Because they keep at it and don't quit.

Isaiah 26:3 (The Message)

To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace
Luke 1:79

[b]I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid.[/b]
John 14:27 (Contemporary English Version)

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified Bible)
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by comechop(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2010
exago:

Your mind says "you are not in control of the situation", you flip. Signals are sent to your body. . You are overwhelmed, The heart freezes
Only Having the ONE who can keep all of Life under-control is capable of giving you Hypertensive-free Peace. . .

People with their minds set on you,
You keep completely whole,
Steady on their feet,
Because they keep at it and don't quit.

Isaiah 26:3 (The Message)

To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace
Luke 1:79

[b]I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid.[/b]
John 14:27 (Contemporary English Version)

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified Bible)

I completely agree with you my brother - but at the same time - do not discount the value/importance of exercise/healthy eating etc etc
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by binigurl07: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
try to not think to much abt problems etc
above all ,avoid salt as much as possibe ,this causes and increases high blood pressure ,

stay blessed
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by samsunglo: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2010
thank for detail  smiley .
Re: How To Control Or Prevent Hypertension? by omnislife(m): 1:03am On Jul 24, 2010
-ELIMINATE SALT FROM MEALS(salt contains sodium which causes retention of liquids by the body)
-It is convenient to increase your intake of POTASSIUM,CALCIUM and VITAMIN D since this causes the body to dissolve its sodium content.
-You should also try to increase your intake of VITAMINS C,A and E as well as EXERCISING daily
-GARLIC is very beneficial,either naturally or taken in odorless capsules
-Take LECITHIN(found in egg yolk,soy beans or sold as herbal supplements)-It helps dissolve blood clots in veins,emulsifies fats and cholesterol and then takes them to your liver for transformation.
-AVOID STRESS AT ALL COSTS-stress WILL cause your veins to contract provoking an increase in blood pressure.

The Greatest wealth is Health

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cure All These Naturally With Jigsimur / Nigeria & Health Information Management / Help! I'm Going Bald

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.