Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,857 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

My Horrible Experience With An Uber Driver In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Horrible Experience With An Uber Driver In Lagos (382 Views)

19-Year-Old Female Student Killed By Hit And Run Driver In Bayelsa. Graphic Pics / Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / 'I Have Been Assaulted By Ladies Mostly' - Former Lagos Uber Driver Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience With An Uber Driver In Lagos by askifa1: 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
This is not a witch hunt, but it is the exact experience I had with the car-hailing service today. I did a quick run in my mind what if I had a health issue? What if it was a business emergency? Uber had no explanations to me or my colleagues on that messed-up ride today, because they were going to totally ruin every possible medium to escape or meet our deadlines.

Now, what mediums has the brand put in place to check the cars on the service line? What are the basic elements that should be put in place when cars are accepted on the platform to drive people around Lagos?

READ MORE >>> https://www.askifa.ng/uber-will-offer-cheaper-rides-to-riders-who-can-wait/

Today I had one of the most horrifying experiences with the car-hailing service. My driver arrives Work Station, with the final destination being Ikoyi, we have just arrived Falomo Bridge and his engine begins to cough like it had asthma and all I heard with my Colleagues on the ride was that the car had run out of fuel and the fuel gauge had been bad. It was not that you might think, but the driver says he had always complained to the owner of the car and nothing had been done about it.

So is Uber saying they do not carry-out routine checks on their cars to be sure that they are properly safe? Private cars can go on with this and even more, but a public brand like Uber or any car-hailing service cannot take this route in terms of public safety because it comes back to haunt the brand and like a parasitic mushroom it could be gotten rid off by public users in the blink of an eye.

Yes, I ended the trip, but what if it was in the night, what if the rain that kept us all waiting in that car had been heavier than it was and a car runs into us from behind would Uber come out to explain to the general public that the faulty was totally from their end? However, we don’t have to wait till such casualties are recorded before the brand put a strident measure on the ground to prevent unsafe cars from getting into the system.

READ MORE >>> https://www.askifa.ng/beware-ubers-bad-service-could-kill-you/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Now The Home Of Largest Number Of Poor People In The World / Lunar Eclipse - Sightings / My Great Concern ( A View Of Nairaland And A Message To Seun Osewa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.