Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,560 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Blame My Tactics For Lionel Messi's Poor Form - Jorge Sampaoli - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blame My Tactics For Lionel Messi's Poor Form - Jorge Sampaoli (491 Views)

Argentina coach, Sampaoli Reveals What Messi Will Do Against Super Eagles / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blame My Tactics For Lionel Messi's Poor Form - Jorge Sampaoli by olamariamjonez(m): 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli said his tactics are to blame for Lionel Messi's poor form at the 2018 World Cup.

The Barcelona star has had more shots than any other player so far at this World Cup (12), but has failed to score with any of them and his team are on the brink of elimination following Thursday's 3-0 defeat to Croatia in Group D.

Messi's struggles are in stark contrast to his long-time rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who has scored four goals in his first two matches for Portugal - but Sampaoli feels Argentina's struggles have limited the impact of his star player.

He said: "I think Cristiano is a great player - you can look at all he has achieved as a player with his club and his country.

"Right now we shouldn't compare these two players. I think because of the reality of the Argentinian squad, it clouds Leo's brilliance.

"Leo is limited because the team doesn't gel ideally with him as it should.

"As coaches, we need to realise these things and try to deal with them and I'm the one that needs to accept it."

Argentina have picked up just one point from their opening two matches against Iceland and Croatia and must now beat Nigeria in their final match and hope other results go their way if they are to progress.

More: https://hi247.com.ng/2018/06/21/blame-my-tactics-for-lionel-messis-poor-form-jorge-sampaoli/

Re: Blame My Tactics For Lionel Messi's Poor Form - Jorge Sampaoli by Tonnexy: 12:32am On Jun 22, 2018
Mumu coach, is not by tattoo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Serbia / Super Eagles : We Die Here / Ahmed Musa Threat To Us — Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.