Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

$40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti (3669 Views)

Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World / African ‘desperate Housewives’ To Be Filmed In Nigeria, Due In 2014 / Disney’s Desperate Housewives Series To Be Filmed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by AloyEmeka5: 6:10am On Jun 05, 2010
[size=14pt]UK  to Shoot U.S.$40 Million Film in Ekiti[/size]
Ado-Ekiti — President General, Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies, Mr. Bede Opara ; with General Secretary, Mr. Abiodun Ogunsegha, at a press conference in Lagos, recently.

A film titled "Sole Redemption" is to be shot by United Kingdom-based movie producers in Ekiti State.

The proposed movie worth $40 million is expected to be ready before the end of this year.

According to the script writers, Alexander Preston and Christopher N. Anthony, who addressed journalists in Ado Ekiti, the film would be of international standard.

The producers, who will be making their second visit to the state, noted that the film ought to have been shot in May this year but had to be shifted due to heavy rainfall in different parts of the country.

They disclosed that the state government under Governor Segun Oni have been assisting them through provision of logistics, transport, security and communications supports.

The producers said they intend to use six locations in different parts of the state namely lkogosi Warm Spring, lpole lloro, lgbara Odo, Okemesi, Ikun and the printing press in Ado Ekiti, while lauding the uniqueness and the topography of the state as one of the main features that attracted them to the state.

Also, Mr. Muyiwa Babatope, a producer and a chief executive of Hekcentrik Productions, said the project would further open up tourism potentials of the state to the world.

The movie producers however dispelled the insinuation that Ekiti was not safe for foreign investors to come and invest, saying the state was safe for people from any part of the globe for investment.

They however urged other artists and film producers to come to Ekiti, as the state, according to them is rich in human and material resources.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=14733&print=1

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/19/national-19-02-2010-05.htm
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2010

The producers said they intend to use six locations in different parts of the state namely lkogosi Warm Spring, lpole lloro, lgbara Odo, Okemesi, Ikun and the printing press in Ado Ekiti, while lauding the uniqueness and the topography of the state as one of the main features that attracted them to the state.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG cool cool cool
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 05, 2010
o.m.g kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by diddysnow: 6:24am On Jun 05, 2010
Hmm Laugh
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by AngieFan(f): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2010
What's the movie about?

What is the name of the production company so I can look them up on google?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by sizzlers(m): 11:59am On Jun 07, 2010
I dont get this story well, is it that they will shoot part of the movie there or the whole of it
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by yemmight(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
So how much will Ekiti be getting from this?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by snowdrops(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
i guess it would be immensely beneficial to the local community eg shops, hotels, etc and can provide employment for some youths. In addition to projecting the state on the world map
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by deor03(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
yemmight:

So how much will Ekiti be getting from this?

This is a sensible question
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by ajadudu: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2010
In the end the Ekiti people will be portrayed as ritualistic, cannibals and everything in between thanks to the Oyinbo man's focus on the negativity of the African. I don't trust them and knowing our leaders, no one has actually read the script.

1 Like

Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by dipo2much(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
ajadudu:

In the end the Ekiti people will be portrayed as ritualistic, cannibals and everything in between thanks to the Oyinbo man's focus on the negativity of the African. I don't trust them and knowing our leaders, no one has actually read the script.

I hope they eventually prove u wrong. Can someone tell me whats special about the topography of ekiti?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by obinna5000(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
I don't think Nigerian actors are involved in the production.
And the production company's name was not stated in the article.
Lets see how the movie turns out.
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Ranoscky(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
make 'NEPA no go take light O. . .Na my opinion be that!
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by babaogun(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
This is not the first time.
Pierce Brosnan (Ex- James Bond) acted in Mister Johnson produced by Harry Rudbeck in Nigeria. Hubert Ogunde played a role int he movie.
Its a good thing for Nigeria. It should be encouraged.
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by cecegorz(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
ajadudu:

Good thinking bro.
Before you start stumping around, find out what the script reads first.
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Kellysmithdfm(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2010
untill then,
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
If they need any extras on the set, I`m willing to oblige.
$40m is sure a lot of cash. lol!
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by DisGuy: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2010
make dem dey deceive you, When was the last time a british film cost $40million?

Also, Mr. Muyiwa Babatope, a producer and a chief executive of Hekcentrik Productions, said the project would further open up tourism potentials of the state to the world

I'll be a millinaire now if i get a pound for everytime they mention this phrase tongue
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by eros(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hmmmmm!!!! $40 Million Dollars. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Marhoski(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2010
hhmmnn, 40million molla 4 us?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by MadMax1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
FL Gators:

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Lol. Your town dey dia?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by r231(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
niceeeeeee
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
FL Gators:

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

see flgators having multiple heavenly feeling because of movie that may not materialise cheesy cheesy
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by CarlosVent(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
dis is realy amazing.
hmm lets watch
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by eyoniggar(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
Sister mi, so u be glory hunter? U got Ekiti state on ur profile
all of a sudden cos of this? shocked shocked
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by obstead200(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nigerians are so gullible!
cant we see that this is just another white elephant project thru whic the governor of that state and his cronies will spirit away a substantial part of public funds?

A UK film costing $40m indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by edgecution(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
$40M my ass!! I can bet the budget is not up to $10m, Who are the actors involved?
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by konami001: 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
The filming has already begun, i saw them koro koro with my 2 eyes filming one babalawo place in one place like that in ekiti, also saw another pair of cameramen filming some group of women with firewood on their head returning from farm, then another female cameraman/photographer was taking some stills of some people returning from the stream with buckets on their heads, from what i gathered the film will be very tuff o, even the governor was there with a feather on his cap, i understand they will use his picture for the films poster, these white men are serious, next week they plan to visit one village inside Ekiti reserve where the people still use plantain leaves to cover their private parts, CNN will advertise the film for free self, nawaoh, see how the white people like us,
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2010
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by davidif: 12:21am On Jun 08, 2010
What did my state do deserve such recognition he he he grin grin
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by ezeagu(m): 12:53am On Jun 08, 2010
Sometimes movies are shot in countries with which the storyline has no relation. A good example is the Lord of the Rings partly shot in New Zealand. . . the title doesn't seem to be connected to 'Africanness' so we'll just have to wait and see. I think it will be good for Ekiti, if there's no exploiting.
Re: $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti by DonPedro21(m): 1:23am On Jun 08, 2010
What is so special about this. Movies are shot every in the world. I dont know why we should be excited about this. They may even end up painting the state black.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download Unlimited Movies For Free With Airtel Nuvu App / The Making Of Avatar (pics) / DOWNLOAD: WWE – Wrestlemania 36 (2020) Day 1 & 2 (full Show HD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.