Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Its Unfair To Compare Messi To Ronaldo At The Moment: Sampaoli Argentine Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Its Unfair To Compare Messi To Ronaldo At The Moment: Sampaoli Argentine Coach (482 Views)

Argentina coach, Sampaoli Reveals What Messi Will Do Against Super Eagles / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Its Unfair To Compare Messi To Ronaldo At The Moment: Sampaoli Argentine Coach by jibs4lv(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2018
Coach Jorge Sampaoli of Argentina has spoken about Cristiano Ronaldo after his star player Lionel Messi failed to perform in the two Group D World Cup matches in Russia.

Sampaoli said it was unfair to compare Lionel Messi to Cristiano Ronaldo at the moment.

Speaking after the match where he also explained why his team fell 3-0 to Croatia, the Argentine boss said his squad’s performance clouds Messi’s brilliance.

While the Barcelona star has struggled to shine at the World Cup and Argentina are on the brink of elimination, Ronaldo on the other hand has been majestic, striking four goals in his first two games.

Sampaoli said, “I think Cristiano is a great player – you can look at all he has achieved as a player with his club and his country.

“Right now we shouldn’t compare these two players. I think because of the reality of the Argentinian squad, it clouds Leo’s brilliance.

“Leo is limited because the team doesn’t gel ideally with him as it should.

“As coaches, we need to realise these things and try to deal with them and I’m the one that needs to accept it.”

Re: Its Unfair To Compare Messi To Ronaldo At The Moment: Sampaoli Argentine Coach by jibs4lv(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
Even my great grandma knows that grin
Re: Its Unfair To Compare Messi To Ronaldo At The Moment: Sampaoli Argentine Coach by Bayajidda1: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

Denmark Vs France June 26, 18 3pm / Worldcup Predictions Win Big With Me / Basketball Transfers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.