Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Help! 33 Teeth And Counting - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! 33 Teeth And Counting (7083 Views)

10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them. / 33 Home Remedies To Lose Belly Fat / My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2010
I have 33 teeths nd currently one is growing! I think am abnormal?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by dominique(f): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
are you sure? count again grin
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Sissy3(f): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
are those wisdom teeth?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
I have counted and i have giving others to count for me but they are all laughing. This one currently growin is giving me serious aches. Dont know wats wrong with me.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
They have counted for me now they tell me its 33 but this one growin makes it 34 and i have a small mouth.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Sissy3(f): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
those could be wisdom teeth. why not go to a dentist and check it out?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by agathamari(f): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
32 is adverage. some people will develop more while others less. more common to develop less being not everyone will get wisdom teeth
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
Never heard of wisdom tooth? What is it about.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Sissy3(f): 12:29am On Jun 06, 2010
they are final third molars some people get in the teens and twenties. usually at the back of the mouth. some have one,two or four it all depends

the best thing is to see a dentist to see if its indeed one. if its, depending on the position of it some dentist recommend extraction of it due to future problems they may cause like impaction but if not, theyre left there. some adults who developed one still have it and it causes no problem for them.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by netotse(m): 12:36am On Jun 06, 2010
@OP
i know how you feel, my last wisdom tooth is growing and it hurts like hell. . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_tooth
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 1:51am On Jun 06, 2010
Thanks alot Sissy. I'm glad u replied. Your help was useful. And netose thanks too i totally forgot about wiki.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Sissy3(f): 2:44am On Jun 06, 2010
smiley

dont forget to check it out just to be on the safe side
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by cantell(m): 2:54am On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

I have 33 teeths nd currently one is growing! I think am abnormal?

Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by netmoi: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
wonders!

be extra careful dear, care for ya teeths
www.sneek-oralcare..com
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2010
i have (had) similiar issue

mine was actually 34. ( 2 extra premolars)

the point where the two premolars touched ached real bad so i visited the dentist and he told me that i had developed a cavity or whatever it is called, so he took two teeth out (which hurt like hell, leaving me with 32) and told me to come back later and remove another premolar (thats the new one that was growing) or else i will have a repeat of another cavity developing which will affect the existing premolar.

two years later, i refused to go back. now, i have been having toothache where the other pair of premolars are located.

visited the dentist recently and he confirmed my worst fears: i need to have another two taken out. i told him i will come back later and since then, i have been using some very good mouthwash that has reduced the ache.

the fact is, if the doctor takes another two out, i will be left with 30 teeth undecided

in summary, visit your dentist ASAP !
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
Funkybaby, I shouldnt really laugh but I am laughing. But is 30 teeth bad?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Funkybaby, I shouldnt really laugh but I am laughing.  But is 30 teeth bad?

my dear, na so i see am oh  grin grin grin grin

i laugh too anytime i think about it but seriously, it aint funny

how can i have 30 teeth at my young age?

mba! i will keep on using ibrofen and mouth wash to stop the ache  undecided

there is no way am going to remove another two teeth. no way.

infact, thinking of the pain involved puts me off.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by netotse(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
@funkybaby
premolars? i thought the wisdom teeth are molars?

but you kow whether it's 30 or even 15 teeth you have, it doesn't affect your frog-kissing skills now, you'll always be a frog kissing beauty in my eyes tongue
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
funkybaby:

my dear, na so i see am oh  grin grin grin grin

i laugh too anytime i think about it but seriously, it aint funny

how can i have 30 teeth at my young age?

mba! i will keep on using ibrofen and mouth wash to stop the ache  undecided

there is no way am going to remove another two teeth. no way.

infact, thinking of the pain involved puts me off.

Gosh I can only imagine the pain inflicted by the dentist but you think its a better trade-off than gulping ibuprofen everytime?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
netotse:

@funkybaby
premolars? i thought the wisdom teeth are molars?

i do not think mine are wisdom teeth.

the two extra teeth started growing behind my premolars. . . . . one on the left side of my gum and the other on right side of my gum.

so i have two already taken out from the left side. so its the other two thats on the right side thats been giving me issues.

netotse:

but you kow whether it's 30 or even 15 teeth you have, it doesn't affect your frog-kissing skills now, you'll always be a frog kissing beauty in my eyes tongue

awwwwwww!
how sweet kiss kiss kiss kiss
thanks hun grin

nothing to worry about, my frog kissing skills dey kampe. grin
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by cantell(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
funkybaby:

the fact is, if the doctor takes another two out, i will be left with 30 teeth   undecided

At this rate, i can imagine the number left in 5-6 more years.
You'd be a toothless grandma! lol
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Gosh I can only imagine the pain inflicted by the dentist but you think its a better trade-off than gulping ibuprofen everytime?

the pain was terrible. imagine having two teeth pulled out in one day. the dentist had a tough time pulling out one of the premolars. . . .

i was told to feed on just custard and similiar foods for some few days.

but when hunger wan kill me, i went to eat pounded yam and egusi  grin
i ended up developing cold sore or whatever its called.

i was treating it myself with warm water and salt solution until i could not stand the pain again and i had to go back to the dentist who scolded me for not sticking to his advice.

i know using ibrofen is wrong jare.
i will have the teeth removed soon. . . . as soon as i summon up the courage grin

all i can tell the original poster is to go to the dentist asap to get the two extra teeth checked or else it will affect the others.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
cantell:

At this rate, i can imagine the number left in 5-6 more years.
You'd be a toothless grandma! lol

tufiaqwa grin

once i remove the two premolars, its a final full stop. !
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
funkybaby:

the pain was terrible. imagine having two teeth pulled out in one day. the dentist had a tough time pulling out one of the premolars. . . .

i was told to feed on just custard and similiar foods for some few days.

but when hunger wan kill me, i went to eat pounded yam and egusi  grin
i ended up developing cold sore or whatever its called.

i was treating it myself with warm water and salt solution until i could not stand the pain again and i had to go back to the dentist who scolded me for not sticking to his advice.

i know using ibrofen is wrong jare.
i will have the teeth removed soon. . . . as soon as i summon up the courage grin

all i can tell the original poster is to go to the dentist asap to get the two extra teeth checked or else it will affect the others.  

Jesus.H.Christ that must have been hell on earth. Kpele o!! Just get it done and over with sha sad sad sad
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
Am scared. Don't think i can bear the pain. Can i be chloroformed?
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by dominique(f): 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
@funkybabe, i feel you jare. i don't know why most dentist's ultimate solution is extraction. why can't they just fill the cavities and prescribe some pain reliever. the one i went to about my toothache also recommended extraction. that was the last she saw/heard of me grin tongue
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by dominique(f): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

you'll be given a local anesthesia to numb the area they want to work on. once it wears off . . . let's just say the pain is better imagined than experienced wink
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

choloro kini? grin

all that will be done is a nice injection pierced into your gum to numb the area. your eyes and mouth will be wide open while the job is being done grin
dominique:

you'll be given a local anesthesia to numb the area they want to work on. once it wears off . . . let's just say the pain is better imagined than experienced wink

exactly ! cry
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
The real reason am scared is that my granpa died after removing is premolars due to a quack dentist.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2010
dominique:

@funkybabe, i feel you jare. i don't know why most dentist's ultimate solution is extraction. why can't they just fill the cavities and prescribe some pain reliever. the one i went to about my toothache also recommended extraction. that was the last she saw/heard of me grin tongue

i tire for them dentists oh.

i did suggest that he prescribe a mouth wash and analgesic but he said that they are only temporal measures and that the only remedy is extraction.

funny thing was that my intention was to remove only one tooth , but after the guy extracted the first one, he told me immediately that the second one had to be removed cos it was in bad shape as well. he didnt even give me time to think about it or tell him 'i will come back later', he went ahead to remove the second one.

and when i was given the medical bill, he gave me a good discount cos i removed two teeth at once  grin
and i was allowed to take the two extracted teeth home with me  grin
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

The real reason am scared is that my granpa died after removing is premolars due to a quack dentist.

oh ok.

dunno where you are based. but if you are in naija, you can go to one of the govt general hospitals.
most of them have very good dentists and good facilities
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2010
Yeah am in naija. I've been thinkin of creek hospital.Cuz I've been treated there once. Even if am blind i will never chose luth. I think govt hospitals are on strike.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Top 7 Most Amazingly Hot Six Packs Abs! / Proper Facilities Management In Hospitals Is Vital To Disease Control / Teenage Girl Crushed By Train In India While Taking Selfies On The Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.