Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 - Sports (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 (113979 Views)

Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by onyxo76(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
deji17:

It is about complex. It is our mindset and inferiority complex that is failing us. If we believe in ourselves and put in the hard work with the right mindset there is nothing special about the France Team. Nigeria can win the Wold cup with the right mindset. Our players and team are not inferior to France.
Iceland played draw with Argentina and Nigeria beats Iceland, only to lose to the same Argentina because of the players mindset and inferiority .
Messi looks so ordinary against Croatia, Iceland and France. His achievement at this world cup is scoring against Nigeria due to our players inferiority complex. They feel intimidated playing against Messi..We need to change our mindset if we want to succeed. Nothing special about our opponents. It is eleven players against eleven.
yes a good mindset is important, but when you are matched against a more skillful team, it's just a matter of time before you start committing blunders of frustration maybe after letting in the first goal, then the case worsens as well, those French players were simply wonderful today, did you see those counter attacks and having to come back to win the game from a goal down
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
lilbest4:

I hope to see Columbia trash England.

Now this I agree with cheesy
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by deji17: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
onyxo76:
yes a good mindset is important, but when you are matched against a more skillful team, it's just a matter of time before you start committing blunders of frustration maybe after letting in the first goal, then the case worsens as well, those French players were simply wonderful today, did you see those counter attacks and having to come back to win the game from a goal down

No big deal in the French Team. If they get defeated at the World cup, you will see how ordinary they will look. We need to have the right mindset and not feeling inferior to any of the teams. I gave you example of Argentina for a reason..
No big deal.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by pelezico: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
Agree but we also need the players - if you have the talent and you train well which means that you put in extra training much like Ronaldo and Messi are said to do then that coupled with a different mentality will give you the self confidence needed to succeed. Belief in one self is much overrated - you need to train well as well as change your psychology so that like the 94 team you go out there with no inferiority complex.
deji17:

It is about complex. It is our mindset and inferiority complex that is failing us. If we believe in ourselves and put in the hard work with the right mindset there is nothing special about the France Team. Nigeria can win the Wold cup with the right mindset. Our players and team are not inferior to France.
Iceland played draw with Argentina and Nigeria beats Iceland, only to lose to the same Argentina because of the players mindset and inferiority .
Messi looks so ordinary against Croatia, Iceland and France. His achievement at this world cup is scoring against Nigeria due to our players inferiority complex. They feel intimidated playing against Messi..We need to change our mindset if we want to succeed. Nothing special about our opponents. It is eleven players against eleven.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
deji17:

This is a great point although I won't say there its anything special in France's team. They are indeed special, they are young and determined, something Nigerian team lacks.

The inferiority complex bit is right on the money, so easily intimidated, it's embarrassing,

2 Likes

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
hoopLA:

And you who is intelligent?

Jumping over a white man's nuts. Who is this attention seeking Messi surrogate?

Messi- no goal in the knockout stage in 8 games
But he's supposed to be the best of all time according to eunuchs like you.

Abi o! grin
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ovokate(f): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
mechanics:
why?
So that Argentina won't equalize now
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by Hassan88(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
M
E
S
S
I
Please kindly go back home.
Thanks for your understanding.
We Nigerians really appreciate.

Your Fada left yansh like my grandma toilet wey she no dey wash.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
chiboy1116:
I am not a fanboy but if u ask me I would chose those Messi fan boys . They say more meaningful stuff, Ronaldo fanboys are more ignorant , imagine someone comparing Ronaldo and Messi in headers when one is a midget and the other is more than 6 ft tall. And saying Ronaldo is a complete footballer cos they heard it from English pundits . Ronaldo is a complete forward ,but I HV never seen a more complete forward like delima, Messi is more of a complete player than Ronaldo. When u talk of complete players h talk of Di Stefano, beckanbeuar . In conclusion . Enjoy the both of em , it's not in every lifetime u see such great players consistently competing for the best . I like the both of em . I think Ronaldo would perform better in a normal team .

Use your medication bro
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ozoebuka1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
frankmoney:
he should win Copa America na . Useless Messi , even in his next life he can't grin
when Ronaldo plays a World Cup final, you should quote me let's discuss undecided
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by deji17: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
pelezico:
Agree but we also need the players - if you have the talent and you train well which means that you put in extra training much like Ronaldo and Messi are said to do then that coupled with a different mentality will give you the self confidence needed to succeed. Belief in one self is much overrated - you need to train well as well as change your psychology so that like the 94 team you go out there with no inferiority complex.

Nigeria players too cannot be said to be lacking in training. When you play as a team, with the right mindset, Nigeria can beat France or Argentina.

Nigeria beats Spain at the World cup with Players that are not as popular as their opponents. Nigeria won the 1996 Olympic Gold with players that are not ranked the best in the world, defeating teams like Brazil that paraded Ronaldo and Bebeto.. The Iceland team that hold Argentina team to a draw in this year world cup is filled with relatively unknown players compared to the stars that Argentina paraded.
Our major problem is the mindset and inferiority complex.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ofuonyebi: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
now it is over for argentina as usual after mis-penalty -messi has used nigerian super failures to shine again...i only hope messi will not come back

in 2022 to mess 9ja up again as our usual albatross. they met a team who was ready for the world cup and home, they go...odigbere o! messi!
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
Laeroy:

Yes ooooo ,,,as Messi take Go, Ronaldo sef must follow.....in few hours..our wish will come to pass....don't forget to like this comment when that happens........�
It has happened, the two of them done pack their bags. World cup is not a one man's show.

3 Likes

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by adamapple: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
adamapple:
Argentina and Messi down

Portugal and Ronaldo next
I said it!
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by adamapple: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

It has happened, the two of them done park their bags. World cup is not a one man's show.
Yeahhhhhhhh
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
maynia:

I told you
3+ goals

Lol
You tried..

I'm only consoling myself now with the fact that Portugal went out too

1 Like

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by adamapple: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:

You'll be shocked shocked
I guess you're the shocked one now
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by maxtreme: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
TO CAP IT ALL, I WAS SURE RACIST COUNTRY ARGENTINA WASN'T GOING TO BEAT FRANCE, CUZ THEIR TEAM IS NOT SO SPECTACULAR. WE PLAYED BETTER BUT FELT INFERIOR. IN ALL THE BETTER TEAM FRANCE WON, GBAM!
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ShakurM(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrEgghead:
That's why it's team achievement not individual.
You are confused guy            
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by stephleena(f): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
hahahaha, And penaldo left.
Always, "struggling" to attain messi's feat be it good not bad.
Xing-Xhang, how market?
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by martinosi: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
deji17:

Nigeria players too cannot be said to be lacking in training. When you play as a team, with the right mindset, Nigeria can beat France or Argentina.

Nigeria beats Spain at the World cup with Players that are not as popular as their opponents. Nigeria won the 1996 Olympic Gold with players that are not ranked the best in the world, defeating teams like Brazil that paraded Ronaldo and Bebeto.. The Iceland team that hold Argentina team to a draw in this year world cup is filled with relatively unknown players compared to the stars that Argentina paraded.
Our major problem is the mindset and inferiority complex.

you are correct..... see the post i made in the agentina vs nigeria thread....about france upcoming game against agentina...

https://www.nairaland.com/4577528/france-vs-argentina-world-cup/50#68970955

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by martinosi: 4:34pm On Jun 27
Leo10000:

Leo10000 wrote
All Argentina needed was to qualify by any means either crook or any oda means and we gave it to them with d ball in our court....to me win na win... na wetin dem call winning mentality b dat
Dis our "we try mentality should stop pls"
last last,na we and island go back hse

Martinosi wrote
You are right Mentally the Advantage was with Nigeria and all we had to do was Fustrate them and
score against them and fustrate them in the Mid-field.... Messi does not like Playing against Nigeria as he know that
on averages African Players are better than South American or European Players

Now Mess & Argentina will now have to Play another African Team or shall i say Mercenary African Team a.k.a
France National Team (80% African Descent) and messi knows it will be another Whahala event as these are African Playing for Oyibo supporters and that means they have to Play with all there Might and Determination to Win.

AND NIGERIA SHOULD STOP HIRING FOREIGN COACHES....WE ARE PASSED THAT NOW...!!!

1 Like

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by 8stargeneral: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Can Maradona survive dis
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by deji17: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
martinosi:

you are correct..... see the post i made in the agentina vs nigeria thread....about france upcoming game against agentina...

https://www.nairaland.com/4577528/france-vs-argentina-world-cup/50#68970955

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by martinosi: 4:34pm On Jun 27
Leo10000:

Leo10000 wrote
All Argentina needed was to qualify by any means either crook or any oda means and we gave it to them with d ball in our court....to me win na win... na wetin dem call winning mentality b dat
Dis our "we try mentality should stop pls"
last last,na we and island go back hse

Martinosi wrote
You are right Mentally the Advantage was with Nigeria and all we had to do was Fustrate them and
score against them and fustrate them in the Mid-field.... Messi does not like Playing against Nigeria as he know that
on averages African Players are better than South American or European Players

Now Mess & Argentina will now have to Play another African Team or shall i say Mercenary African Team a.k.a
France National Team (80% African Descent) and messi knows it will be another Whahala event as these are African Playing for Oyibo supporters and that means they have to Play with all there Might and Determination to Win.

AND NIGERIA SHOULD STOP HIRING FOREIGN COACHES....WE ARE PASSED THAT NOW...!!!

I agree bro. The Nigerian coach too made a tactical blunder. He should have sticked to the selection that beat Iceland or the one that defeated Argentina in the friendly. Why play Ighalo in this all important game?
Inferiority complex killed our boys.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by MEGA4BILLION(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
ozoebuka1:
for doing what exactly? For scoring goals only in Champions League? Grow up, bro... Messi has a better stat this season than your penaldo... Lemme help your football IQ small with this year's stats undecided

you should have include Ronaldo statistics for this season so we can argue well
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by martinosi: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
deji17:

I agree bro. The Nigerian coach too made a tactical blunder. He should have sticked to the selection that beat Iceland or the one that defeated Argentina in the friendly. Why play Ighalo in this all important game?
Inferiority complex killed our boys.

When you take away Money and Name from the Equation, Nigeria always does well ie U17 & U20, but when it comes to the
Senior World Cup...Complexes such as poor image and low self esteem set in and the same Nigerian team at the U17 & U20
that can beat the likes of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messe, Gabriel Jesus, Iniesta etc start acting up and losing...such a shame...

and i kind of know the reason why becuase when a nigerian player plays for a European team that does not respect fully
their talent and plays them as a side show and supporting act or panic button/get out of trouble card in games
ie Ihenachio at Man city..it plays on the mental state of a footballer...and effects them when they come back to play for the national team...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by stephleena(f): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
XingXhang:

Oh you're a Barca fan... I don't pray for. I pray against.

Hoping my boy Ronnie scores a brace tonight and takes his team to the next round...
Boy,Ronnie waited for tapping,but it wasn't delivered..

Yes!!! he leads his team,to the next available flight,to Portugal.
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by wristbangle: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChuksEpells:
Mbappe right now grin

Lmao. Berry Mbappe' grin
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by ozoebuka1(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
MEGA4BILLION:

you should have include Ronaldo statistics for this season so we can argue well
he has none, bro... Those stats are what is considered in football and he didn't appear in none of them... The only good thing he has this season is champions league trouphy "group honor" and goals in champions league. undecided
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by frankmoney(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
ozoebuka1:
when Ronaldo plays a World Cup final, you should quote me let's discuss undecided
nobody gives a damn about a final u didn't win , beg the useless midget to win an international medal . Just look at what you wrote comparing an U20 medal to a Continental one lol grin . This Messi fans sha
Re: France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 by dumininu01(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Buh mbappe dey carry machine for leg cheesy...dah guy will tear an ageing defence apart n he did it to Argentina

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 / Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.