Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) (40628 Views)

See The ₦600 Banana And Groundnut I Bought In Uyo (Pictured) / Pandemonium Of People As Cold Stone Officially Open In Akwa-ibom... Photos / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by tayotv09(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
erico2k2:

But how long where the stored B4 being opened
Ask the gods
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
tayotv09:

Ask the gods
Ok I will do, U get their phone number ni
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Newbiee:
Sorry to ask, I don't know if it's from my eyes or phone, but what I am seeing is just powdered stuff like sand and dust, except for the first pic, which I can trace some element of rice in it.

Baba I think say na only me de see am bases on this level wey I dey on. grin
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
these owo ibibio people sef.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is pure evil. Some people are willing to do anything for money. You would expect that they show some good is still in them when health of their fellow human is involved but their conscience has clouded by greed.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by rotimage(m): 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

Those rice came packaged as spoilt from Birnin kebbi, and they sold it to other people as good rice. SON should trace the makers of that rice and slam them into jail. Very wicked people.

Your stupidity knows no bounds... You kept mentioning Birnin Kebbi and provide no any evidence to back that up.

You must have been a culprit in this, so help us with what you know to fish out your gangs from Birnin Kebbi
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by eallstar: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

and the rice came from Birnin kebbi, pure wickedness.
those people may use their sack to pack it
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Akinpelumusibau: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Its time we allow this people called Flatnoo a.k.a Flat Headed people to leave peacefully before they go come poison us finish at the detriment of looking for MONEY at all cost.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by pat077: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
All because of money
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by slowice(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2018
I ve seen this before, the rice is wet, sometimes it's caused by rain when it's n ot properly covered but since is somewhere in Akwa Ibom where rice is smuggled in through sea it could be sea water.they would normally select the bad ones n bag the good ones
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by BumbleBee2ice(f): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
Why I go open eye buy dis kain tin nah angry
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by obi58: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
One needs to be careful of the rice he or she buys in order to avoid falling victim to this. Officials of Consumer Protection Council, CPC, recently raided some shops selling rice in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital where contaminated bags of rice were discovered.

According to reports, the owners of the shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for consumers to buy.

Idongesit Ikono, a journalist with AIT who was present during the raid shared the news as he wrote;

BEWARE OF THE RICE YOU BUY

Consumer Protection Council, CPC, raided some rice shops at Nyong Essien street and a very popular rice shop on IBB Way all in Uyo. These shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for you and I to buy and consume.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Any Mama Gold, Cap Rice, Stallion rice you find in the market or shops are contaminated, washed, re-bagged and dangerous to your health. Don't buy them anymore because, according to CPC, importation of those brands stopped since 2015.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/contaminated-bags-of-rice-discovered-during-raid-in-akwa-ibom-state.html

Cheap propaganda. Name one market in Nigeria where foreign rice is not sold?

How many people have you heard died from contaminated rice consumption?

Rice like any crop gets spoilt over time. That has nothing to do with where it was produced.

In fact, imported rice lasts longer due to the inclusion of preservatives and can last up to ten years if stored properly.

What government should be looking at is how to support local farmers to lower the cost of local rice production and boost the quality and size of local rice yield instead of all this cheap publicity stunts.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Deji63: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is terrifying. Which way Nigeria.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Sardauna24(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

and the rice came from Birnin kebbi, pure wickedness.
How did you know?
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kebbi?
Is imported
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sweetilicious(f): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
chii8:
It looked like wet rice packed in bags without allowing itto dry or bags of rice beaten by rain at the point of transport.
Exactly
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by booz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
those were not contaminated! they were water-soaked and left to grow algae!
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by GMBuhari: 6:35am On Jun 24, 2018
DrGoodman:

Those rice came packaged as spoilt from Birnin kebbi, and they sold it to other people as good rice. SON should trace the makers of that rice and slam them into jail. Very wicked people.

Na wah ooo , can you imagine ? everything , the north must sha come up ... Is Birnin Kebbi outside Nigeria , why did the correspondent say they import rice ..??
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by skales67(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Follygunners:
Na dem dem..

Skales67

Look at this uneducated oaf! So Akwa-Ibomites have become Igbos abi? Secondly, the eice came from Birnin Kebbi and i am sure the rice is the one that fat-cheeked toad called ambode and his Kebbi state counterpart have been tagging as Lake Rice.

And what do you have to say about the fake malt "brewery" your Omoluabeasts brothers were operating in Ikorodu

https://www.nairaland.com/4447481/brewery-where-fake-malt-stout

Like I keep saying to you, you urgently need a brain transplant.
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by FreshestManny(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2018
Haba Naija this greed is too much na. If these people kill all the customers through their fake products, who will be left to patronize them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Food Items A Lady Bought For 300k In Lagos / Check Out The Food I Just Prepared For The Week (A Nairaland Bachelor) / Crowd Celebrates Hilda Baci In Lekki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.