Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

“How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo (786 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by PrettyCrystal: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2018
A heartbroken man has taken to Facebook to lament after a teenage boy identified as Raphael James passed away at Federal Medical Center in Lokoja, Kogi state capital. It was alleged that the deceased who was suffering from stomach pain - died due to carelessness of the 'inexperienced' doctors.

Lawal James share the story online.

Read below;

We never knew it will lead to death. He complained of stomach pain on Monday 18th June 2018. The pain was so severe that he was taken to MRS in Chari Maigumeri barracks Lokoja where he was referred to FMC Lokoja. From Federal Medical Center, late Raphael James was referred to Honey Gold Clinic for scan. The scanning was done and the result clearly shows that he has Appendicitis(Appendix) which must and should be operated that hour.

The doctor confided in Raphael Brother in a telephone conversation that there should be no further delay. On getting back to FMC Lokoja, the result was presented but late Raphael was left by the inexperienced and lackadaisical Doctors to continually scream in pain. I wonder where FMC got these girls and boys called Doctors. As I stand and watched Raphael rolling on a slim mattress in pain and these so called Doctors walk freely and press their phones with so much careless abandon of a patient whose scan result shows urgency, tears swell on my eyes.

They came intermittently to check on late Raphael and keep pressing the area he feels pain asking him how he feels even when it was obvious that the 18 years old boy was in pain. I was furious and almost shout for help but that could further compound the case of Raphael knowing how these young inexperience Doctors behaves, so I walked aside. Everything they asked for was provided, but they delayed the operation to Tuesday at noon. As at that time it seems too late as late Raphael was wheeled from the theater to Intensive Care Unit and on the Night of Thursday, he gave up the ghost.

Raphael is gone and he is gone to meet his creator. But the question is this, where are those experience Medical Doctors in Federal Medical Center lokoja that the life of innocent people are left in the hands of these modern, exuberant and half baked cosmetic Doctors? On that night, most of the Doctors on duty are not up to 28 years of age and non of them can claim to have graduated 5 years back. This is not to say there are no caring and intelligent one among them but it was an unfortunate night that Raphael met these crop of Doctors.

These young Doctors should be attached to experienced consultants or Doctors who has been practicing for over 20 years to learn more before being allowed to handle patients. Sometimes, when they are faced with serious issues, you see them browsing their phones to get solution.

This is not suppose to be. Something urgent should be done. It is Raphael today, who knows who next? It's painful to see a young boy who just finished WAEC to have died while awaiting result. Besides, where is ethics in medicine profession? Is there any at all? If yes, then it is not applied by some of these young surgeons. A quick overhaul is needed. The pain of loosing someone to death as a result of negligence is severe. James Raphael will be buried on Monday.

As a man server in Catholic Church Chari Maigumeri, there will be a Mass wake keep on Sunday at his residence, Otokiti community Lokoja. He will be finally laid to rest on Monday 25th June 2018. Until his death, he graduated from Army day Secondary school Chari Maigumeri barrack Lokoja. He is a dedicated Christian of the Catholic Church. May the soul of James Raphael and other faithful departed rest in peace.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/how-teenage-boy-with-stomach-pain-died-due-to-doctors-carelessness-photo.html

Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by PrettyCrystal: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by madridguy(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2018
Nigeria doctors shocked

Years ago, I used to blame people with the ideology " Let me die at home taking self medication than to go to Government hospital where the doctors there are killers themselves" not until the doctors at Alimosho General Hospital Igando Lagos killed my senior brother, Ahmed with their wickedness.

Ahmed and others were rushed to the hospital by the Nigeria Police officers after a good Samaritan called the police and inform them that there is a fatal accident along Lasu express road and the police brought them to the hospital and only for the bastards killers to say they cannot treat them " accident victims " until the arrival of their family.

This claimed three lives including my brother and to make the matter worse, the accident happened a day after Eid Fitri and till date, every Eid Fitri is a day of remembrance.

May Allah SWT Rahmah continue to be upon your soul brother.

R.I.P Raphael James

1 Like

Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by ghettowriter(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2018
These Doctors and their beleted Egos sef, their matter tire me. If you want to lay complaints to them they'll feel you are teaching them their job. And the worst bunch are those recently graduated medical students, they feel they are know-it-alls. Well na God the save sha.

R.I.P to the young man, he is in a better place now.
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by Paperwhite(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2018
See how the life of a young promising chap was wasted due to gross negligence by the doctors cry cry cry

Anyway it's not their fault as our leaders have made oversea medical tourism their health seeking behaviours hence our hospitals have deteriorated while leaving poor hapless Nigerians in the hands of these lackadaisical healthcare workers.
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by SarkinYarki: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2018
An inflamed appendix can't just throw up sudden symptoms overnight and Immediately become toxic enough to kill his host ...I suspect some other externally introduced toxin was responsible for the inflammation that showed up on the scan
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by Yian1(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2018
This is disheartening... I don't know whether these doctors understand the experience of being in agony of pain. They would just be rolling up and down hospitals, not having enough care for patients as if the sick people are exaggerating the issue. We are humans like them, and we are bound to fall sick every now and then. The Association of Nigerian Medical Doctors should please look into the matter and proffer solution to that, so shit like this doesn't repeat itself. Experienced doctors should always be available. R.I.P to the boy. May God be with the family of the boy.
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by Redoil: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2018
No wonder buhari they fear nigerian doctors
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by Amarabae(f): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2018
It's so painful,,
A young boy with a future ambition.
Rest in peace.
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by CastedDude: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: “How Teenage Boy With Stomach Pain Died Due To Doctors’ Carelessness”. Photo by RemedyLab: 2:22am On Jun 24, 2018
About Doctors? My signature only has this to say

(1) (Reply)

BLS And ACLS Training In Abuja / How To Make Avocado Oil For Your Skin And Hair / 11 Probiotic Yogurt Health Benefits And Nutrition Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.